Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Gamu would never return but I would love it if she does
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they actually need to redo things

1 - Auditions should be in the rooms and no audience auditions this time, judges auditions should travel to London, Liverpool, Manchester, Cardiff, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin with the set up similar to last year but more red and with the iconic fake windows behind the judges of the city landmark ie Edinburgh Castle

2 - Bootcamp should be mixed with the earlier series and with the newer series before they did the chair thing

3 - the 4 chair challenge should come here, yes similar to Bootcamp last year I thought it worked better, judges would have 20 acts each and trims down to 6 for the next stage

4 - Judges Houses, since people luv it just let it stay, I find nothing wrong with it anyway so let it be

5 - Live shows, just the same but without that dreaded flash vote

Other stuff

- new set for live shows, similar to the US one last year or something completely new
    - let live bands audition, already a big step up
    - categories include Youngers, Olders, Vocal Groups and Live Bands
    - allow free voting, instead of charging fortunes by the end of the series
    - have the two other judging slots go to Lionel Richie and the other to either Kelly Rowland, Mel B or Robbie Williams
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like the audience auditions to be scrapped but they won't be because the producers need to work out, via the screaming girls in the audience, which young guys will rake in loads of phone votes.
  • supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my list would be:

1. Bring back the wildcards - Format wise Series 7 probably was the best, i much prefer a top 16 (as long as they're talented) where there are a few weeks of ruthless double eliminations which eliminates the fodder acts whilst the more talented ones have a chance to establish themselves.

2. BOOTCAMP - Have it in 3 stages. STAGE 1 - Acts come up in lines and each step forward for an acapella performance. STAGE 2 - acts get into groups and have a song to perform. STAGE 3 Final solos, acts have one last chance to win a place to judges houses with a song of their choice.

3. Bring back regular voting - none of this flashvote stuff; it makes for a very unreliable indicator of public opinion and is wholly unfair.

4. GET RID of themed weeks or at least have more loosely based themes. Contestants should be given the opportunity to show of the best of their talent and part of this includes being allowed to sing what they want.
  • noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should bring back Sale of the Century. That would fit nicely into the hole soon to be created by this show and would be a damn sight more interesting than watching the self-obsessed non entity aka Simon Cowell every week.
  • Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celebrity mentors! Remember Mariah, Whitney, Robbie etc.

Not just for the boys like last year. I think an industry expert each week should help.

A fifth impartial judge. The could be a permanent judge, or even the celebrity mentor (who may be performing on the results anyone?)