Options

Keep Judy IN

Comments

• Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Haha, love the last dance. Not a step danced in it. :D lifts and throws . Wow. Brilliant end.

lol - sooooo Judy :D
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to miss her. Wouldn't have liked to lose Sunetra and Brendan either but it's going to be a different show next week without Judy. She's kept everyone going backstage wirh her humour. They're going to miss her...

Lovely partnership with Anton
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to see Judy go. I think out of all the years watching SCD shes the only contestant who has been a complete and utter surprise to me.

Who would have thought that the stern faced Judy we're so used to seeing would in fact be such a warm, joyful, self deprecating woman.

I remember her saying at the beginning of the series that she wanted people to know the real her and not the 'face' she shows at tennis matches. Shes certainly succeeded in that respect and i hope good things come to her from the exposure.
  • Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    Antom is an old pro on this show, and is always great with his partners. But I genuinely believe that he really enjoyed his partnership with Judy.

She is the least needy person I have seen on Strictly. Must be incredibly refreshing to have someone who isn't trying to resurrect a career or cling onto some kind of public support.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Lovely lady. Hope we see her doing other things now - but NOT Big Brother or I'm a Celebrity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I'm happy she's gone, as a dance fan we have a brilliant competition coming up. She was very sweet and gracious but it would have been unfair on the others if she had stayed another week (which we saw the potential of happening when Caroline was in the bottom 2). Sunetra or Steve to go now.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Move on, nothing to see here :p Paradoxically I liked the dance she went out on and preferred it to Sunetra's. That was just too frantic.
  • Options
    Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Move on, nothing to see here :p Paradoxically I liked the dance she went out on and preferred it to Sunetra's. That was just too frantic.

Yep, me too. I thoughts the bits of VW they did do were better than Sunetra's Samba, which seemed more ragged than the first time.

Steve and Sunetra must be in the line of fire now.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to miss Judy :(
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is very sad, I am going to miss her too.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy has a much better personality than I thought but this is a dance contest (and entertainment). She was improving a bit but it would have been a travesty if she had stayed over someone more able. I don't think she would have felt comfortable with that scenario either.

I agree that Sunetra and Steve are probably the next ones to be in the dance off.
  • Options
    shankly123shankly123 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was the right time for her to go - she has improved, although she is still pretty awful, but has succeeded in showing people what a nice person she is. It would have been unfair if she'd stayed in at the expense of some of the other contestants.
  • Options
    fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was the right time for her to go - not because lesser dancers don't deserve to be in the competition - her dance was more entertaining than Sunetra's IMO - but because the nastiness would have ramped up each week - ridiculous calls for her to step down etc etc.

Judy made a lot of new fans on the show, and she had a fab time with Anton, and she left on a high.

GO JUDY!!
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked her, but I am glad she's gone before the real bitchiness started.

Happily we can now look forward to weeks of increasingly nasty threads about Pixie and Frankie.
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was the right time for her to go - not because lesser dancers don't deserve to be in the competition - her dance was more entertaining than Sunetra's IMO - but because the nastiness would have ramped up each week - ridiculous calls for her to step down etc etc.

Judy made a lot of new fans on the show, and she had a fab time with Anton, and she left on a high.

GO JUDY!!

Totally agree with you.
    I do think Anton deserves some praise too. He took an absolute novice - a total tomboy - and transformed her by her last dance into a beautiful elegant lady who danced a very acceptable VW.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the right time for her to go because the public didn't vote to keep her out of the bottom two and once in it Judy was always going to struggle against any of the remaining players.

If the public had voted for her to escape the BT then she would have rightfully gone through to the next round even at the expense of someone like Sunetra whom I like more than Judy. The rules of the game are clear. I accept them and get on with it.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J.R wrote: »
    Totally agree with you.
    I do think Anton deserves some praise too. He took an absolute novice - a total tomboy - and transformed her by her last dance into a beautiful elegant lady who danced a very acceptable VW.

Great comments JR, you are spot on with this.
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Awww that's lovely. :) thanks for posting.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shankly123 wrote: »
    I think it was the right time for her to go - she has improved, although she is still pretty awful, but has succeeded in showing people what a nice person she is. It would have been unfair if she'd stayed in at the expense of some of the other contestants.

I think so too. There are some excellent dancers there and I'm still not sure who will win, but it was Judy's time to go. I suspect she's probably quite relieved to get back to the tracksuits!
  • Options
    Nigel_BourneNigel_Bourne Posts: 163
    Forum Member

This will help.... http://www.hollandandholland.com/tuition.php
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How sweet! Especially what Anton said (hope he doesn't say that every year lol).

Thanks for posting x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    A lovely lady.

The Fed Cup girls have loved having her as captain with the games and stuff she organised in down time. And that's so important, especially when away for nearly a week. They were generally able to relax more, think less, have less pressure and play better.

Lovely that she got to Blackpool and went out on a high, and great that so many people got to know much more the real Judy Murray.

PS : liked Andy's reaction to Federer pulling out of the World Tour Finals : "I'd like to apologise for clearly pushing Roger too hard on Thursday." Roger had beaten him 6-0 6-1 !

Wonder where he learned such amusing self deprecation. Should do more :)
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right time for her to go but I definitely have warmed to her.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    indiana44 wrote: »
    A lovely lady.

The Fed Cup girls have loved having her as captain with the games and stuff she organised in down time. And that's so important, especially when away for nearly a week. They were generally able to relax more, think less, have less pressure and play better.

Lovely that she got to Blackpool and went out on a high, and great that so many people got to know much more the real Judy Murray.

PS : liked Andy's reaction to Federer pulling out of the World Tour Finals : "I'd like to apologise for clearly pushing Roger too hard on Thursday." Roger had beaten him 6-0 6-1 !

Wonder where he learned such amusing self deprecation. Should do more :)

:D:D He also volunteered to put on a exhibition match with the winner so that the crowd didn't go home completely empty handed.