Please Give Caroline a Nice Dress!

goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Unlike such as Sunetra who always gets a lovely dress Caroline doesn't.

Tonight at first I thought Caroline's dress was ok - that was before it got in the way and she stood on it and nearly fell, and before I got a look at the front of it - the white panel at the front broadened out at the wrong place and put emphasis on her stomach in an unflattering way - why didn't they put a straight panel down the front which would have been slimming. Also why did it have to be white? She also seemed uncomfortable in it and kept pulling the bodice down.

A nice dress for Caroline please.

Comments

• A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Vicky Gill costume designer, all celebs have input on what they wear so it's Caroline's choice.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd give Caroline a good one too.
    She is a bit heavy up top and the dressmaker hasn't really caught onto her specific shape yet.
  • phoebefairphoebefair Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On ITT this week, the sketch for Caroline's dress had hips a mile wide. Those for the other girl celebs ...... not so much.

Someone has an issue with Caroline methinks.:)
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    I thought Caroline's dress was gorgeous tonight. Best dress ive seen for ages.
    Just a shame it was too long.
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    i thought she looked lovely. :)
  • foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it is Caroline that chooses what she wants to wear. I'm sure they are not made to wear something they don't want to.

For some reason I still can't get over Caroline dating Harry Styles when he was only 17 and she was 32... still creeps me out :o
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    She is top heavy I think, and they haven't a clue how to dress her. That's why they've been putting her in tents while trying to emphasize her legs.
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    i thought she looked lovely. :)

She did, even in an unflattering dress.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely dress. Sadly it didn't cover that disfigurement on her back.
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    She is top heavy I think, and they haven't a clue how to dress her. That's why they've been putting her in tents while trying to emphasize her legs.

nah she's shaped like a box and not curvy like Sunetra

even that old trick of putting dark panels on the side of her dress tonite couldn't make her look curvy lol :D
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was prob, arguably, the best she's worn so far.
    Shame about the stumble which was related to it?
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    I loved her dress today :) It was beautiful.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On ITT the other night, Vicky G mentioned something about Caroline's dress, and something about it having a lower neckline and she'd have to see what Caroline thought - which sort of suggests Caroline has requested the up to the neck halter style. A lot of ladies who are a bit top heavy feel the same. Unfortunately although it gives a lot of support to a larger lady, it is seldom flattering.

Another problem with dressing Caroline is that she isn't in the least "girly", nor I'm afraid in the least elegant, so I can't see her liking the pretty feminine flouncy styles the other girls have . If she did, she would only have to say so. The celebs do get a say in what they wear.
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was the best thing she's worn apart from last week. I loved her reaction to her little trip. Her face! I like how human she is :)
  • LovesATangoLovesATango Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline looked lovely tonight! :) Last week's costume was excellent as well. Hopefully that means she's gained enough confidence to wear outfits that are figure-hugging and reveal her curvy silhouette.
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the best dress that she has had, but sadly still not right as it was too long at the back. To those who say her figure is boxy I think she has been so poorly dressed that her fabulous figure hasn't been shown but just hidden under a series of lampshade frocks.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    It was the best dress that she has had, but sadly still not right as it was too long at the back. To those who say her figure is boxy I think she has been so poorly dressed that her fabulous figure hasn't been shown but just hidden under a series of lampshade frocks.
    Agree with all of this, but as Caroline has input into the choice of the dresses she gets to wear, I wonder whether she realises just how good she could look in the right dress.
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a lovely dress (for a change).
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So- People are still blaming the costume designers.

Caroline does not have a flat tummy- so 'perfect' dresses would only highlight the issue.

It's not that much of a bump- but sometimes celebrities are self conscious, and ask the costume designers if they can disguise something.

And yet people still seem to think the costume department have got it in for her.
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The designer finally did her job by designing a dress that actually created a waistline (Caroline does not have a defined waistline), so far the first dress to actually flatter her. Shame about the tattoo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So- People are still blaming the costume designers.

Caroline does not have a flat tummy- so 'perfect' dresses would only highlight the issue.

It's not that much of a bump- but sometimes celebrities are self conscious, and ask the costume designers if they can disguise something.

And yet people still seem to think the costume department have got it in for her.

I thought those dresses were so well 'structured' they could disguise/hold anything in?

The cheap see-through white panels on Caroline's dress last night only managed to highlight any bulges around the waist and hips. And the dress split.

So, maybe not 'got it in for her' exactly but she does seem to be suffering with her outfits.

But at least they seem to have ditched those dreadful trousers the males were wearing earlier in the series. They were most unflattering and they split too.
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lighter coloured centre panel managed to make both Pixie and Caroline look about four stone heavier than they are last night.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phoebefair wrote: »
    I thought those dresses were so well 'structured' they could disguise/hold anything in?

The cheap see-through white panels on Caroline's dress last night only managed to highlight any bulges around the waist and hips. And the dress split.

So, maybe not 'got it in for her' exactly but she does seem to be suffering with her outfits.

But at least they seem to have ditched those dreadful trousers the males were wearing earlier in the series. They were most unflattering and they split too.

The split in her dress was designed in. It was her heel catching in the hem caused the problem. Wardrobe need to use a firmer body to build Caroline's ballroom dresses over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    The split in her dress was designed in. It was her heel catching in the hem caused the problem. Wardrobe need to use a firmer body to build Caroline's ballroom dresses over.

Not THAT spit, Monagogg.:) There was a small rip at hip level by the end. That's what she was struggling to cover up and plucking at in front of the judges and running up the stairs at the end.

Agree totally about the firmer body. It shouldn't be beyond their skills should it?
  • J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phoebefair wrote: »
    Not THAT spit, Monagogg.:) There was a small rip at hip level by the end. That's what she was struggling to cover up and plucking at in front of the judges and running up the stairs at the end.

Agree totally about the firmer body. It shouldn't be beyond their skills should it?[/QUOTE]

BIB They have managed to do that so far for Sunetra so could do it for Carolyne. I did think she looked glamorous and sophisticated - I didn't notice the split though was it caused by the stumble?