Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thoughts? :)

Comments

• d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You started the thread, what do you think?:confused:

Anyway, yes I do. You can't tell who is the pro and who is the celebrity with that partnership.

I would have preferred him to do the rock'n'roll routine though.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expected him to get 40.0 at some point, but not in week 4 - where does he go from here? He'll be under pressure to keep up the standard now :kitty:

Still, as long as he can stay at the top of the leaderboard I'll be happy :)
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he didn't deserve it
  • JAMESPEARCE91JAMESPEARCE91 Posts: 3,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I like to give praise and credit where it is due but I don't think it was a 10 performance - neither by itself or in the context of tonight's scoreboard.

In terms of the performance, Ray performed some outstanding skating but to me, it felt like he was going through a ticklist of moves; I didn't feel as much of a connection between him and Maria as I have seen in the past and I felt like he was just rushing through. The choreography was beautiful but I felt the justice wasn't done. I would have given it a 9 or 9.5.

In terms of the competition, I believe Hayley and Dan should have been equal and that they got 9.5s purely to let Ray and Maria get 10s! I think Beth wasn't far off either.
  • adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

I thought it was a great performance but not perfect but what can you expect when its the golden boy with the last slot on the show and the person before him got 9.5s?
  • jintymagintyjintymaginty Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    thought Beth was every bit as good as Ray. So feel both should have had the same perfect score. :D
  • hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes he did he was the best tonight
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally thought Beth was better
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    39.0 made from 2 10's and 2 9.5's, to put him just ahead of Hayley, but 40.0 was a tad too much too early.
  • Lisa_CharleneLisa_Charlene Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't think he did but the judges seem to favour him. I preferred hayley and Beth's routines.
  • MerityMerity Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ray so deserved that 40!
    He was amazing.
    The routine was so difficult - to make those shapes on ice.
    He really brought the spanish dance to the ice...

Hayley and Beth were so good too - but Ray was just outstanding.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I didn't think he did anything wrong, and once Hayley had been given 9.5s (which I think she definitely deserved) he had to get 10s.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the context of where we are in the series - probably no.

In the context of the rest of the marking - probably yes.
    He performed better than Beth and skated a more difficult routine than Hayley just as cleanly.
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamw92 wrote: »
    No.

I thought it was a great performance but not perfect but what can you expect when its the golden boy with the last slot on the show and the person before him got 9.5s?

I totally agree. It was a brilliant skate though. He is amazing, but there were some excellent skates tonight (and Gareth Gates wasn't one of them :-( )
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thoughts? :)

Yes, he was easily the best tonight. With Hayley on 9.5's from the judges, 10's (and therefore a score of 40) was absolutely correct.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    I thought he was fantastic and deserved his score - tonight you couldn't tell the difference between the pro and the celebrity and so that has to be about as perfect as it gets! Beth was very good as well, I thought Hayley's performance was full of energy but there were a couple of little jerky moments where she just wasn't as smooth over the ice. Brilliant show tonight though.
  • Diane JDiane J Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    No, should have been Hayley
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Yes - he was better than Hayley who spent most of her routine on her toe picks (again). They gave her 9.5 s across the board - so they had to give him 10s

Though Beth was on a par with Hayley, if not better.
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He deserved the perfect 40.0. Although it was somewhat of a predictable outcome especially as both Beth and Hayley scored with 9.5's.

That said the guy is in a league of his own, he is a pro or he should be on how he performs and how he skates!

Ray is hard to beat and i would expect him to win the show!
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    I have always believed Ray Quinn was the all-time very best Dancing on Ice contestant by miles. That's not to say that there haven't been other great contestants, and I've enjoyed all the series over the years but Ray has remained my favourite and this series has only served to prove that the fluidity, grace and sheer style he demonstrates is a class apart.
    After tonight's performance I went in search of footage of his very first foray onto the ice in DOI and here it is: dancing to Hanson's Mmm Bop. It was brilliant and he just kept getting better from there. Do I think he deserved 10s tonight? Of course! :)
  • Emma2121Emma2121 Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Before i sound negative Ray is one of (if not) my favourite contestant.

However IMO he didn't deserve 10s. I know he is small but why doesn't he do any difficult or complicated lifts? The last two weeks he hasn't lifted above his head :confused:

Whilst 'dancing on ice' he is an AMAZING dancer, I would love to see just a few more wow lifts before the 10 mark!
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having overmarked Hayley the judges had nowhere else to go.

I thought Beth deserved second place ahead of Hayley.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always believed Ray Quinn was the all-time very best Dancing on Ice contestant by miles. That's not to say that there haven't been other great contestants, and I've enjoyed all the series over the years but Ray has remained my favourite and this series has only served to prove that the fluidity, grace and sheer style he demonstrates is a class apart.
    After tonight's performance I went in search of footage of his very first foray onto the ice in DOI and here it is: dancing to Hanson's Mmm Bop. It was brilliant and he just kept getting better from there. Do I think he deserved 10s tonight? Of course! :)
    Totally agree. Beth, Hayley and suzanne (and, to an extent, sam) all have their strengths but none can dance as fluidly or naturally as Ray. Beth doesn't have his wow factor (although I like her a lot) Hayley is overtly 'stage school' (whereas ray doesn't come across like that) and Suzanne will have to really up her game to come close.
    It's rays to lose rather than anyone else's to win.
    He doesn't need to do overhead lifts as he can actually skate and dance.
  • Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    They are doing with Ray exactly what they did with Louis Smith in Strictly.

1. Praise at the start and say they are wonderful.
    2. OMG! What has happened? Low scores and negative comments for a few weeks. Can he get it back in time or is all lost?
    3. In the lead up to the final: Yes! That's what we are talking about, say the judges, you have got your old form back.
    4. Onto the final with the judges saying Oh you are the winner we never doubted you for one second.

All the time Ray will stake no differently, it's just more 'scripted judging' to make a show.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,393
    Forum Member
    Merity wrote: »
    Ray so deserved that 40!
    He was amazing.
    The routine was so difficult - to make those shapes on ice.
    He really brought the spanish dance to the ice...

Hayley and Beth were so good too - but Ray was just outstanding.
    Totally agree, he tackles everything he does with so much joy and enthusiasm, love watching him.

Thanks for that link - aww doesn't he look cute!
    Agree with all of your post.