Andy Murray and Kim Sears - Burberry's new mixed doubles team

Comments

• asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    That won't happen as Andy as a model is a joke. He is simply not good looking enough to be a model .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    That won't happen as Andy as a model is a joke. He is simply not good looking enough to be a model .

Being 'good looking' isn't always a pre-requisite.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's not becoming a model! It's a branding exercise, and Andy & Kim presumably fit whatever this new Burberry campaign is. It's nothing to do with him being a model, it's about what he represents.

Good luck to them, why not.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to laugh at "Andy Murray's chiseled looks" in the article :o
    I'm sorry but if the Mail was reporting a story about Marion Bartoli becoming a model for Burberry instead, they'd be without question referring to her as "full-figured" and "curvaceous", not "pretty" or "attractive" anyway.
    The double standards are unreal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

GQ didn't mind putting him on the cover.

http://blog.aglamslam.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/article-2332057-1A08E53B000005DC-364_634x812-11.jpg
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair, nobody will be looking at Andy ;)
    Forum Member

That photo is so airbrushed it does not even look like Andy . So they did a hell of a lot of editing before they let him grace that front cover .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    That photo is so airbrushed it does not even look like Andy . So they did a hell of a lot of editing before they let him grace that front cover .

No more airbrushing than they do with female celebrities......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member

Looks more like Joey from EastEnders lol!
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Even air brushed he can't manage to look good-looking! He looks like a character from The Simpsons with overbite.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member

I have to agree :eek: His face looks like its been chiselled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gosh! Surely not! Magazine airbrushes pictures? I demand it is closed down immediately!!!! :rolleyes::D
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 68,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy is looking sexier than before...

Kim is classed as an English Rose

Best of luck to them...
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    Even air brushed he can't manage to look good-looking! He looks like a character from The Simpsons with overbite.

Lol i agree. And so much for we are "private" individuals. Just cash in the relationship like the rest.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which will be why American Vogue used him way back in 2010. :p
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see this happening.

Both seem really keen that they are not a celeb couple, and that Kim does her own thing, so that goes against it. They both seem to like Burberry, and have been seen wearing their stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if they get sent a lot- of free stuff. This just sounds like one of those stories that get written when a person is big news, so the papers latch onto half-baked ideas that they know they won't get sued for.
    Forum Member
    Gosh! Surely not! Magazine airbrushes pictures? I demand it is closed down immediately!!!! :rolleyes::D
    Muggsy wrote: »

There is airbrushed and then that. It just looks totally fake as its too "airbrushed" - everything natural has been sucked out of the photo.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Kim is an artist, but is she successful?
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is airbrushed and then that. It just looks totally fake as its too "airbrushed" - everything natural has been sucked out of the photo.

It's Vogue. Of course it's not natural.
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    I know Kim is an artist, but is she successful?

She paints portraits of posh people's pets. I've read that they sell for about £1500. Since she knows a lot of rich people, her family is also not exactly poor,I think she has a nice little earner there. But her main job is clearly being a wag.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course that very sucessful model really looks like this:

http://emilydaviesviscom.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/katemoss-rimmel110916110811.jpeg?w=396&h=264

And this is?

http://cdn.stylefrizz.com/img/kate-moss-natural-no-makeup.jpg
    Forum Member

That's not fair. Kate Moss is Kate Moss, because she absolutely stunning when she was a young girl, absolutely perfect facial structure, not because she was airbrushed to look stunning.
    Now they airbrush her because they still want to have her in their campaigns, because she sells, even though she does not look at all like in the old days.
    Murray is just ugly, is not that he was once good looking, is simply a case of trying very hard to simply make him good looking. Not working though.:D
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt call Murray unattractive. He has got better looking and hes got a great body.
    Kim is gorgeous :)
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I had to laugh at "Andy Murray's chiseled looks" in the article :o
    I'm sorry but if the Mail was reporting a story about Marion Bartoli becoming a model for Burberry instead, they'd be without question referring to her as "full-figured" and "curvaceous", not "pretty" or "attractive" anyway.
    The double standards are unreal.

And unlikely because she is French...
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    That's not fair. Kate Moss is Kate Moss, because she absolutely stunning when she was a young girl, absolutely perfect facial structure, not because she was airbrushed to look stunning.
    Now they airbrush her because they still want to have her in their campaigns, because she sells, even though she does not look at all like in the old days.
    Murray is just ugly, is not that he was once good looking, is simply a case of trying very hard to simply make him good looking. Not working though.:D

That's a bit rude to call someone ugly :(