Why wasn't Cheryl on the BandAid 30 record?

2»

Comments

• CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is not one of the most photographed women in the world

She is not far off it. With her looks she doesn't need a photo opportunity was my point.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1D were only on it because of the level of media attention they can generate, especially in America.

Cheryl can't bring the level of hype 1D can and therefore has nothing to offer.

So it was more about "media attention" for 1D then. They are maintaining the hype.

When interest in them drops, what will they do next? More charity work but get their hands dirty next time?

My earlier point was that Cheryl, outside of her music sales and her presence on XF the show, has contracts where she models, is used for advertising for global brands, etc. Her face is everywhere.

When I watched the distasteful video (meaning with particular attention to the so-called artists) I was asking myself who the hell is that?

Most were reliant on hype.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    So it was more about "media attention" for 1D then. They are maintaining the hype.

When interest in them drops, what will they do next? More charity work but get their hands dirty next time?

My earlier point was that Cheryl, outside of her music sales and her presence on XF the show, has contracts where she models, is used for advertising for global brands, etc. Her face is everywhere.

When I watched the distasteful video (meaning with particular attention to the so-called artists) I was asking myself who the hell is that?

Most were reliant on hype.

The likes of 1D and the Beckhams are prime tabloid fodder, add in all the reality tv star stuff and the tabloids have lots of page filling bollox on a daily basis. Cowell gets a money machine and the papers get 'stories', back scratching love in.
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because it would be seen by some as bad taste to have someone on the record who was convicted of assaulting an African woman.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    Probably because it would be seen by some as bad taste to have someone on the record who was convicted of assaulting an African woman.

Well maybe by those who still obsess over something that happened eleven years ago ..
  • Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest all they needed to do was either re re release the original as it's the best one and still keep the Christmas theme to it (no change of words) or bring in as many of the original singers as possible and re record it. All the voices on the original work perfectly and are classic.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im suprised culture club didnt do it or the spice girls reformed
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i guess that they just wanted people that were able to sing.

One Direction are on it and they can't sing either. It is an interesting one - either she was "snubbed" or she turned it down but isn't being villified like Adele for some reason, probably because Bob wanted X Factor as a launch platform.

I'm getting sick of hearing about Band Aid 30 - nobody can win. Celebs who take part are accused of self promotion, those who don't are accused of rejecting a good cause.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She always wants to be the centre of attention and in this she would just be one of many so it wouldn't suit her number one interest --- herself :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    1D were only on it because of the level of media attention they can generate, especially in America.

Cheryl can't bring the level of hype 1D can and therefore has nothing to offer.

That's what I was saying.
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Olly Murs and Niall And Louis (the other members can actually sing) from 1D were on it and they can't sing and aren't credible artists so they can't really use that excuse.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But not the success of her arena tour, 3rd album or 3rd lead single. Eek.

I would like to meet the people buying the tat that she is responsible for.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well maybe by those who still obsess over something that happened eleven years ago ..

But happened nonetheless and is still in the minds of some.