Options

Come Dine With Me - Preston Week

Comments

• Options
    dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read the news, that is so so sad, poor woman. The Preston week really was a classic, they were all totally eccentric, I think every CDWM fan remembers it. Poor Dawn, tragic.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sad to read this, RIP Dawn :(
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Ah, that is sad news.

The Preston lot were all nutters in their own different ways but Come Dine With Me was so much more entertaining in those days.
  • Options
    Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,083
    Forum Member
    What season was this? Trying to find it on 4od!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you all feel now knowing that what you found so hilarious was actually the behaviour of an addict who was permanently on the edge?

I'm not criticising you, I saw it and found it mildly amusing at the time but isn't this like pointing and laughing at someone in a wheelchair?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were all pretty off the wall on the Preston week so Dawn didn't really stand out as being particularly odd that week. It was just as if she found the whole week so mad that she drank her way through it. I think carpet man who had the carribbean pool party was probably the most mental and obnoxious and Valerie I think it was, with the weird voice is actually the most memorable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dee-rec wrote: »
    They were all pretty off the wall on the Preston week so Dawn didn't really stand out as being particularly odd that week. It was just as if she found the whole week so mad that she drank her way through it. I think carpet man who had the carribbean pool party was probably the most mental and obnoxious and Valerie I think it was, with the weird voice is actually the most memorable.

I thought the drag queen bloke, who was on first, was rather funny and he had the most brilliant laugh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was about the most sane, I think he won didn't he? I remember he cooked Dawn's dinner when she disappeared.
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee-rec wrote: »
    He was about the most sane, I think he won didn't he? I remember he cooked Dawn's dinner when she disappeared.

The missing Chuckle Brother:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And its all very well saying oh she shouldn't have been on if she had mental health issues but to be honest, the majority of reality show contestants are chosen because of their 'wacky' personalities and certainly most of the Preston week appeared a lot more eccentric than Dawn was.
    Not saying this is right obviously, but hey, its what makes good tv.
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where i can rewatch this? Because all the youtube videos are private
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »

Omg Shocking, I saw her In a bar one night :(
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geoff_Mack wrote: »
    How do you all feel now knowing that what you found so hilarious was actually the behaviour of an addict who was permanently on the edge?

I'm not criticising you, I saw it and found it mildly amusing at the time but isn't this like pointing and laughing at someone in a wheelchair?

If you're not criticising then you've unintentionally managed to sound incredibly patronising and judgmental. If people are supposed to wait until they've received formal confirmation of the participants' good mental and physical health before laughing at Come Dine With Me then it's going to be quite a feat to be amused by it at all (just in case).
  • Options
    Forum Member

Erm, not all different to how I felt when I first saw it, actually. It's a bit like watching a dead comedian's old routines after you find out that he had substance and behaviour problems during his life. Sad that he had the problems but the material is still funny.
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bb2011fan wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i can rewatch this? Because all the youtube videos are private

ANYONE?
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...................... isn't this like pointing and laughing at someone in a wheelchair?

If someone in a wheelchair chooses to put themselves up for public judgement by appearing on a TV programme, and make a fool of themselves, why not?

In my opinion, a large proportion of the people appearing on "reality" shows have mental problems of some sort or other.
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is still the all-time classic week. Its been nearly a year since Dawn passed away. :(
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    And yesterday was another Preston week, and was as dull as the old one was entertaining.
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    this. I've only ever heard about this week, but would love to see it myself. can't find it anywhere.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    this. I've only ever heard about this week, but would love to see it myself. can't find it anywhere.

I have, but have not watched yet: A Come Dine with Me DVD.

The back cover shows a picture of the Preston week, it won’t be the whole week but unseen clips.

Edit: the reviews aren’t that good, but they are mainly from people wh have already seen the programmes.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pee wrote: »
    The whole of Preston week is on youtube (uploaded by "peejyita"). They don't appear to be private. The user has split each episode (contestant) into Part 1 and Part 2.

Nigel Evans is the first one and from this episode, you should be able to locate the others.

Nigel: part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sra1T_jDqnc
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    The whole of Preston week is on youtube (uploaded by "peejyita"). They don't appear to be private. The user has split each episode (contestant) into Part 1 and Part 2.

Nigel Evans is the first one and from this episode, you should be able to locate the others.

Nigel: part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sra1T_jDqnc

They're private ........ (for me anyway)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Freaking amazing episodes :D
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're private.
    Strange. I can view them without problems :confused:

I am accessing from a non-UK ip - perhaps that makes a difference.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    Strange. I can view them without problems :confused:

Are you in the UK solare? I am, and they are private for me. :(