Is this Final as One -sided as the polls on here suggest?

124»

Comments

• londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JDarcy wrote: »
    Even as a Frankie fan I'd love to see Simon win, he's been fantastic, really grown throughout the series and his partnership with Kristina is lovely.

That's so nice. He has been a joy to watch and I really love his partnership with Kristina. :)
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    I would love Simon or Mark to win but I don't think it will happen. To me, they have come the farthest.

I really enjoyed this year because there wasn't a clear favourite for weeks. Now the bookies are making Caroline such a favourite, it's ruined it for me. :cry:
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Yep, A lot of X. Factor viewers might tune in and may vote Caroline. :D

Or they may vote Mark, because I would imagine there's a significant cross-over audience between XF and TOWIE/IAC, or they may be Saturdays fans and so vote for Frankie, or they may have been Blue fans and back Simon, or they may be 1D fans and vote for anyone who's not Caroline because she slept with Harry, or ...

We simply don't know.
  • soexcitedsoexcited Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Firstly i need to say i have nothing against frankie but i dont think she is as wow as her scores have suggested. Caroline is the best technically imo and ended up in the do as people thought she was safe. Many viewers vote only in the final like my mum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soexcited wrote: »
    Firstly i need to say i have nothing against frankie but i dont think she is as wow as her scores have suggested. Caroline is the best technically imo and ended up in the do as people thought she was safe. Many viewers vote only in the final like my mum.

I agree about Frankie.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    I agree about Frankie.

But I'd say the same about Caroline. I think she's been overmarked (40? No way) and overhyped.

In fact, I've yet to see a 'wow' dance this series. Fingers crossed that the final blows my mind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I'd say the same about Caroline. I think she's been overmarked (40? No way) and overhyped.

In fact, I've yet to see a 'wow' dance this series. Fingers crossed that the final blows my mind.

I agree about her salsa. The only performance of hers that I really liked was her Charleston.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Cal ChristopherCal Christopher Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Well these are the results of the Radio Times poll thus far...

Frankie Bridge 45.56%
    Caroline Flack 42.57%
    Simon Webbe 7.38%
    Mark Wright 4.49%

...so I don't think all polls are suggesting the same thing.
  • Lynne_RyanLynne_Ryan Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Really don't care now Jake was let down by Len but there is talent there and I really hope I can watch it and enjoy it. I think some of the wrong people are in the final and there are probably reasons for that, but still hurt that Len could do that to Jake. Lost respect for Len.
  • robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    Well these are the results of the Radio Times poll thus far...

Frankie Bridge 45.56%
    Caroline Flack 42.57%
    Simon Webbe 7.38%
    Mark Wright 4.49%

...so I don't think all polls are suggesting the same thing.
    Doesn't say much for mark and simon's chances...
    It doesn't help though that every media luvvy also seems to be backing their old chumster caroline. (see tonight s ITT POST).
    As for 'wow' factor...even caroline fans were saying that pixie was the best dancer, even though they hated her. I still believe that, though I never voted for her, (always voted for frankie). I don't believe in people saying they 'thought they were safe' either. They just DON'T want to vote for that person THAT week!
  • robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    Lynne_Ryan wrote: »
    Really don't care now Jake was let down by Len but there is talent there and I really hope I can watch it and enjoy it. I think some of the wrong people are in the final and there are probably reasons for that, but still hurt that Len could do that to Jake. Lost respect for Len.

Jake and pixie in for simon and mark...and it would have been a REAL CONTEST.Look at the polls they can't ALL be wrong...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/theversionuk/status/546087731651420160

This will certainly helped Caroline, to get those votes.

Simon, Frankie and Mark: Don't even think about winning, tomorrow.lol

I'm joking but am kinda not.
  • Phebes4361Phebes4361 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I think its cut and dried and boring...

see you in 2015...
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me I have enjoyed watching Simon and Caroline the most this whole series, so either od them for me. I would be happy for Frankie too.

I'd be gutted if Mark finished anywhere but 4th, he doesn't deserve to be in that final.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's between Caroline and Frankie. Caroline seems to have the momentum but the Daily Star says Frankie has been polling the most votes. No idea if that is definitely true but they are normally right with some of there vote leaks.
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    I think it's between Caroline and Frankie. Caroline seems to have the momentum but the Daily Star says Frankie has been polling the most votes. No idea if that is definitely true but they are normally right with some of there vote leaks.

I think this is what has been happening ... and have felt that since the start ... I think Jake & Frankie have been getting the most public votes ...

By the way could you please provide the link here to the DS article ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that it's true that Frankie has been getting the most votes.

A lot of The Saturdays' fans are quite young so I think some of them might be voting for Frankie, without even watching the show, because they saw a tweet from their idols, saying vote for her. I might be wrong.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    I think this is what has been happening ... and have felt that since the start ... I think Jake & Frankie have been getting the most public votes ...

By the way could you please provide the link here to the DS article ?

No problem. It's a small paragraph in the article below. :)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/strictly/416364/Strictly-s-final-Caroline-Flack-and-Frankie-Bridge
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that it's true that Frankie has been getting the most votes.

A lot of The Saturdays' fans are quite young so I think some of them might be voting for Frankie, without even watching the show, because they saw a tweet from their idols, saying vote for her. I might be wrong.

Now that could be due to where she has been on the leaderboard in the couple of weeks prior to the semi finals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Now that could be due to where she has been on the leaderboard in the couple of weeks prior to the semi finals.

Maybe.

This might be a silly question but how did they work out the odds of the finalists winning?
  • crazybabecrazybabe Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    no, I don't think there is a clear cut winner at all

I do believe it could be any of them - yes, even Mark

It think it will all depend on how each couple performs on the night

I agree - am sure it will depend on the show dance, and I do think Mark may win - like Chris Hollins did, clearly not the best dancer, but popular enough to take it...having had a long "J" word on the show

I really do not mind who does - although would like one of the boys to.
    ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe.

This might be a silly question but how did they work out the odds of the finalists winning?

Bookies odds are based on how much money is bet & number of bets. The starting odds are based on general popularity and ability, plus whichever particular pro they are paired with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Bookies odds are based on how much money is bet & number of bets. The starting odds are based on general popularity and ability, plus whichever particular pro they are paired with.

So it's nothing to do with the dancing? Thanks for the reply. :)

If that's the case, I find it weird that people hold the odds in such high regard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's nothing to do with the dancing? Thanks for the reply. :)

If that's the case, I find it weird that people hold the odds in such high regard.

Thing is, people bet based on probability. So ability and placement on the leaderboard will enhance someones chances & encourage more bets.

At this stage, betting is not a clear indicator of who will win, only who the punters believe has the best chance of winning.