Celebrity tattoo's...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
Forum Member
✭✭✭
had to share these...in some cases you have to ask...what were they thinking?

http://www.popeater.com/music/article/celebrity-tattoos/469714

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Imo Tattoos are not good on a majority of their fanciers for reasons advertised by celebrities;
    Peaches Geldof's rosary on her wrist :yawn:
    (though I do think she's stupid for getting a lot of tattoos so young, what if she needs to get a job someday, God forbid)
    David Beckham's wrong spelling of Victoria
    St Angelina's tattoo of 'Billy Bob'
    likewise Johnny Depp's 'Winona forever'

If anything most celebs serve up reasons NOT to be inked.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celebrity tattoo's...

You don't need the apostrophe in the heading! :eek:
  • tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    You don't need the apostrophe in the heading! :eek:

Yeh, I noticed that too I know we should get a life, but......

Some of those are awful, especially on the women. It's not something I would ever condsider doing
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think tattoos look hideous on anyone. Angelina's ruin her beauty and make her look disfigured.
  • andy24_1976andy24_1976 Posts: 1,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tattoos are awesome
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    I love tattoos...but some of those ones really looked awful. Sometimes I think people should put a little more thought into what they have tattooed on them.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with those who hate them. Have they ever thought what they will look like when their skin is older and wrinkly?

Having said that, Will Young has his brother's initials tattooed on his forearm and, I believe, Rupert has Will's initials on his arm. Will also have "sans peur" (without fear) on his left inner arm in his own writing. Quite discreet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adore tattoos, but it's definitely better if they mean something to the person. I know a lot of people who have had Sonic the Hedgehog tattooed on them and unless that sort of thing has a really deep meaning, I think it's a little silly.
  • IdiotgirleIdiotgirle Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with those who hate them. Have they ever thought what they will look like when their skin is older and wrinkly?
    I gave it a huge amount of thought and instead of getting a tribal band on my bicep (that would end up around saggy bingo-winged elbow), I went for art on my ankle. The surgical stockings will keep it covered when the grand children come to visit! And it's very occasionally people get to see the art on my back anyway. I got my body art for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idiotgirle wrote: »
    I gave it a huge amount of thought and instead of getting a tribal band on my bicep (that would end up around saggy bingo-winged elbow), I went for art on my ankle. The surgical stockings will keep it covered when the grand children come to visit! And it's very occasionally people get to see the art on my back anyway. I got my body art for me.

Ditto - my tattoo, while quite large, is on my ribs, so really only in a place that other people will see if I want them to see. I would love to get some more, maybe I will, but again, they'll be in places that I can easily cover. And yes, tattoos do need to mean something to the person; I've never regretted my tattoo, in fact I love it more as I get older
  • Bid-tvBid-tv Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Having said that, Will Young has his brother's initials tattooed on his forearm and, I believe, Rupert has Will's initials on his arm. Will also have "sans peur" (without fear) on his left inner arm in his own writing. Quite discreet.

Compared to how the rest of your body will look when it's old and wrinkly? Probably great.
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    If they're small and discreet fine, but it's when they're huge and all over the body that they tend to look so gross.

Jodie Marsh's monstrosities are number one for awfulness imo! (and I don't mean her boobs!) :p :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Quite why youd want to have tatoos beats me. Just looks like somebodys drawn on you with a blue bic biro.

These celebs have it done out of boredom, nowt else to do with the vast amounts of time or money so its 'ill have a tatoo' .Just look like they are sailors who have been out in a port passing the time. You see some of the artwork & i think , what the hell made you get up one morning & decide to have that scrawl etched onto your body?

Going to be hilarious in years to come in old folks homes as all these geriatrics sit comparing & discusing their tatoos over tea & buscuits.

:)
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Quite why youd want to have tatoos beats me. Just looks like somebodys drawn on you with a blue bic biro.

These celebs have it done out of boredom, nowt else to do with the vast amounts of time or money so its 'ill have a tatoo' .Just look like they are sailors who have been out in a port passing the time. You see some of the artwork & i think , what the hell made you get up one morning & decide to have that scrawl etched onto your body?

Going to be hilarious in years to come in old folks homes as all these geriatrics sit comparing & discusing their tatoos over tea & buscuits.

:)

I wonder if it's not a bit of an obsession with some of them.

Hasn't David Beckham said it's like if you have one, you have to have more?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first one on Angelina looks like a bar code..no style to it whatsoever. I've no tattoos but I find the occasional one can be pretty or symbollic but a lot of those were tattoos of words. There's a lot to be said about henna or temporary ones I think. I'm amazed at how the tattoo trend as taken off..problem is is when it comes to disliking them and having them removed.
  • yagyag Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuck, how council.

They are not called tramp stamps for nothing
  • Bid-tvBid-tv Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yag wrote: »
    Yuck, how council.

Only a tattoo above the ass is known as a tramp stamp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yag wrote: »
    Yuck, how council.

Ok so I'm 32 married with 2 kids a job and I'm studying for a degree I've been in a stable loving relationship for 11 years and I have a tattoo on my left wrist, does that make me a tramp?

I'm sorry but I do find that term awful! I got my tattoo after the death of a terribly close friend and I spent alot of time considering what I wanted and where I wanted it. To me its a reminder of special people and special times in my life. Its small people don't notice it unless they are actively looking for it and its personal to me, not just a trendy thing to do. Think carefully before you throw labels about please.
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so I'm 32 married with 2 kids a job and I'm studying for a degree I've been in a stable loving relationship for 11 years and I have a tattoo on my left wrist, does that make me a tramp?

I'm sorry but I do find that term awful! I got my tattoo after the death of a terribly close friend and I spent alot of time considering what I wanted and where I wanted it. To me its a reminder of special people and special times in my life. Its small people don't notice it unless they are actively looking for it and its personal to me, not just a trendy thing to do. Think carefully before you throw labels about please.

I am thinking of having my childrens names tatooed (sp) on the inside of my wrist, does it hurt there?

I know thats probably a really stupid question but I just mean in terms of other parts of the body, I mean the inside of my wrist has all these little thins bones
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am thinking of having my childrens names tatooed (sp) on the inside of my wrist, does it hurt there?

I know thats probably a really stupid question but I just mean in terms of other parts of the body, I mean the inside of my wrist has all these little thins bones

I have a friend who's gone tattoo crazy and she along with a few others have said that tattoos put nearer to bone (as in unfleshy bits) hurt the most. Apparently fleshy means less pain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member

I have Prince's symbol on my inner wrist and it did hurt,but as it was my first one,I dont know if it hurt more than anywhere else tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Taboo wrote: »
    I have Prince's symbol on my inner wrist and it did hurt,but as it was my first one,I dont know if it hurt more than anywhere else tbh.

I have a tattoo of a black panther going down my left arm. It looks dead cool on my bulging bicep!!!! :p
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like Angelina's tattoos - Cheryl Cole's on the other hand - pardon the pun - look awful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    I actually like Angelina's tattoos - Cheryl Cole's on the other hand - pardon the pun - look awful

The one on her hand looks really odd.....like when you write and you've leant on the ink and get ink marks on your hand....:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Lady GaGa's peace sign on her wrist and also the one on her lower back/hip of roses and stuff. But IMO the one on her shoulder doesn't look that good, I couldnt tell it was a flower :p