tv burps : where has the knitted character been? (Merged)

bling crosbybling crosby Posts: 602
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ho8SppHCKk

he was not on m o t d 2 tonight .........anyone seen him elsewhere ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xtra Factor desk.
  • bling crosbybling crosby Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mijath wrote: »
    Xtra Factor desk.

got a pic to prove this ?
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Dunno but i'll be looking out for him.Great idea from Harry.Shame about the prize though.:(
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the fact that it's just called The Knitted Character. :)

So glad to have Harry back. Anyone else hoping the cow on the quad bike will resurface? :)
  • surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    It would be hard to tell if The Knitted Character turned up in Hollyoaks given how poor some of the cast are :p
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    I love the fact that it's just called The Knitted Character. :)

So glad to have Harry back. Anyone else hoping the cow on the quad bike will resurface? :)

:D That was Harry Hill at his best.Definitely a place for the cow in this series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    :D That was Harry Hill at his best.Definitely a place for the cow in this series.

:)

Reminded me of the cat that showed up driving a taxi in one episode (I think Vanessa Feltz was involved, and a man cutting a tree down with a chainsaw.) :) The sheer surreal-ness of it was just wonderful.

My husband just discovered a place online where you can buy the knitted character. I think it's something like cloth-ears.co.uk I may have to have one. :)
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)

Reminded me of the cat that showed up driving a taxi in one episode (I think Vanessa Feltz was involved, and a man cutting a tree down with a chainsaw.) :) The sheer surreal-ness of it was just wonderful.

My husband just discovered a place online where you can buy the knitted character. I think it's something like cloth-ears.co.uk I may have to have one. :)

http://harryhill.wordpress.com/2009/04/23/the-knitted-character-is-found/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh joy! I love how she calls him Mister Harry. The spirit of Stouffer lives on. :)

Thanks for that link. It made my day. :) I wonder if this will spark some sort of craze? I, for one, think the world would be a much better place if we all had a Knitted Character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    Oh joy! I love how she calls him Mister Harry. The spirit of Stouffer lives on. :)

Thanks for that link. It made my day. :) I wonder if this will spark some sort of craze? I, for one, think the world would be a much better place if we all had a Knitted Character.

woo hoo, they ship to Canada ... just ordered mine :D
  • MelodybearMelodybear Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deffo the Xtra factor desk...lounging....when Holly ws talking to the panel
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I want the jelly to come back. :D
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knitted character is very close to getting his own CITV show
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought ''the many faces of Jimmy King's face'' was best!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the link, have just ordered one for my brother's birthday. He's 30 and asked for a new snooker cue but I think this is much more useful. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chances of it ever being in something I watch is remote
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The chances of it ever being in something I watch is remote
    it would be hard to put it in a drama like Corrie of theBill, as it would have to have been done months in advance.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did the gadjet show actually say you could win all that stuff
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »
    yes that is a real Gadget Show price pack
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    Mijath wrote: »
    Xtra Factor desk.

Seems a shame to me, in this age of the internet, when competitions like this are "spoilered" by people giving away the answer for everybody.

I know it's largely a lottery but I think it's a bit counterproductive - they think they're helping people, but all that happens is a lot more people enter thus reducing everybody's chance of winning. You get it with newspaper crosswords (albeit this is a different kind of thing) - there are forums where people exchange the answers to 3 across in today's Telegraph crossword or whatever.

I don't know, maybe I'm overanalysing but I wouldn't feel comfortable entering a competition when I'd just been given the answer. I wouldn't feel like I'd made any effort.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    I like this, it's like a televisual equivalent of Where's Wally ? :D
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »

Yes, that is just a normal prize for the GS.

I coulnd't understand why Harry found that so funny, as that is just a normal prize fund.:confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davads wrote: »
    Seems a shame to me, in this age of the internet, when competitions like this are "spoilered" by people giving away the answer for everybody.

I know it's largely a lottery but I think it's a bit counterproductive - they think they're helping people, but all that happens is a lot more people enter thus reducing everybody's chance of winning. You get it with newspaper crosswords (albeit this is a different kind of thing) - there are forums where people exchange the answers to 3 across in today's Telegraph crossword or whatever.

I don't know, maybe I'm overanalysing but I wouldn't feel comfortable entering a competition when I'd just been given the answer. I wouldn't feel like I'd made any effort.
    Isn't that up to Mijath its also rather unfair to expect those of us with taste to sit watching total rubbish like Xtra Factor in an attempt to spot "Knitted Character" Make no mistake this competition is in part a way for ITV to try and get TV Burp viewers to watch more ITV.

Also some might just like to know in advance of the episode where Knitted Character was, just because they know does not mean they have to enter.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    Isn't that up to Mijath its also rather unfair to expect those of us with taste to sit watching total rubbish like Xtra Factor in an attempt to spot "Knitted Character" Make no mistake this competition is in part a way for ITV to try and get TV Burp viewers to watch more ITV.
    Well given that Knitted Characters first appearance was on the One Show that kind of invalidates your argument.

And who seriously is going to watch any show they wouldn't otherwise watch on the off-chance of spotting the knitted character ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Well given that Knitted Characters first appearance was on the One Show that kind of invalidates your argument.

2) And who seriously is going to watch any show they wouldn't otherwise watch on the off-chance of spotting the knitted character ?

1) The One Show was just a sample a test to see if people would notice.

2) then what is the point of the competition?