Atlantis - Series 1 Discussion/Spoilers/Speculation

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they will get some great guest stars. Merlin had a fantastic range of guest stars throughout it's five years, and so does Doctor who of course.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Sarah Parish - there's a Merlin link.

Though I think she's a regular here.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Sarah Parish - there's a Merlin link.

Though I think she's a regular here.

As long as there's no bloody troll in sight! I loved Merlin, but that was the lowest point for me.

I look forward to Sarah Parish in Atlantis, I really like her! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member

I'm from the US, so I don't know him. Does he comes across as a warrior? Would be be a believable Jason.

Addy will make a good Hercules. I enjoyed him as King Robert in GOT

I'm afaiid I don't really know the girls or their characters, so its too premature to ask.
    Forum Member
    Aside from House Of Anubis and Dancing On The Edge, I don't think he's been in a lot but he could pass as a warrior though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    He was the white rabbit in Misfits... in a white rabbit mask, so this doesn't help much. :D

More casting news:

- Oliver Walker plays Heptarian - a warrior, I assume.
    - Ken Bones plays Melas (son of Poseidon in Greek mythology).
    - According to TVWise, actress Alice St. Clair plays Erinna, a Greek poet, and Melas will be one of the Argonauts.

Looks like the first block of episodes will be directed by Justin Molotnikov and the second block by Alice Troughton. (They were the best directors on Merlin, alongside Jeremy Webb.)
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GBali wrote: »
    He was the white rabbit in Misfits... in a white rabbit mask, so this doesn't help much. :D

More casting news:

- Oliver Walker plays Heptarian - a warrior, I assume.
    - Ken Bones plays Melas (son of Poseidon in Greek mythology).
    - According to TVWise, actress Alice St. Clair plays Erinna, a Greek poet, and Melas will be one of the Argonauts.

Looks like the first block of episodes will be directed by Justin Molotnikov and the second block by Alice Troughton. (They were the best directors on Merlin, alongside Jeremy Webb.)
    And, will the Argonauts include Castor and Pollux?
    Forum Member
    Filming started today. :cool:
    Forum Member
    As expected, Overman's old project, Misfits ends with series five.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s145/misfits/news/a470055/misfits-series-five-will-be-shows-last.html
    Forum Member
    GBali wrote: »

Knew it.

Oh and the rest of the casting is nice too.
    Forum Member
    This show will be huge. :cool:

Broadcast had a chat with BBC Wales drama head Faith Penhale:
    Penhale is now setting out her stall for a broad, ambitious mix of new shows.

Chief among these is Atlantis, set to air in Merlin’s slot this autumn and currently filming in a new facility, a converted, 55,000 sq ft Tesco refrigeration warehouse near Chepstow. The 13-part series produced by Little Monster Films, the new indie founded by former Merlin execs Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy, is set to be one of the most expensive projects to come out of Roath Lock and is being primed for the incoming UK tax breaks.

(Not sure witch number is correct, other sourcees say the studio space is 155,000 sq ft.)
    Forum Member
    I really hope this show does as well as Merlin but I also hope that the writing is stronger than Merlin too.
    Forum Member
    (*That witch was a which of course. :o)

I'm actually very excited that Howard Overman is head writer (+ executive producer) on the show. He is one of the best TV writers imo.
    Forum Member
    Merlin and Doctor Who director Alice Troughton starts filming block two on May 13.
    Forum Member
    I'm glad they're using her.

She's a great director.

Does anyone know if there's any LJ/Tumblr communities set up for this show as well as filming pics and stuff?
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jack oconnel from skins?
    Forum Member
    No, Jack Donnelly from House Of Anubis.

Totally different guy.
    Forum Member
    Sarah Parish was Gaby Roslin's guest on BBC London radio today and she talked a bit about Atlantis. She praised the scripts and the look of the show, and said the show is very exciting for the BBC.
    She also mentioned they're going to Morocco in a couple of weeks for external shots. You can listen here (she's the first guest right after the music).
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the link.
    Forum Member
    TVWise has revealed the character played by Aiysha Hart. We're going to see her as...
    ...mythical princess Ariadne.

More casting news:

Actress and singer Hannah Arterton plays greek poet Korinna as a regular.
    Actress Faye Brookes also cast in the show.
    According to TVWise Karl Johnson (Taliesin in Merlin and Cato in Rome) plays Itheus.
    Forum Member
    Nice casting, thanks for the update, GBali.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    I really hope this show does as well as Merlin but I also hope that the writing is stronger than Merlin too.

The bigger question will be is whether two or more of the actors, like Colin Morgan and Bradley James, can make the program work. Merlin proved that the fans will overlook poor scripts because of identification with the characters of the program. That is impossible to assess until the program is on television.

I wish the program hadn't been billed as a "Merlin replacement" since that may a backlash from very critical...and disgruntled....Merlin fans.Now that media has jumped on that bandwagon, it's a cross that will have to be suffered.

The program also must overcome a minority of fans that have no use for Capps and Murphy. Some people hold them responsibl for Merlin's demise.What I'm saying by that, these fans will be actively looking for flaws in their work. I don't personally hold them responsible for anything but some lousy scripts since it was the actors that chose not to return.

Having said that, Atlantis could be a big hit. I merely point out possible troubles and hope for the best.
    Forum Member
    Morocco shooting starts tomorrow! :)
    Forum Member
    Any Potter fan here? Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley in Harry Potter) is filming in Morocco for 3 weeks. You can guess the show. ;)