Options

Yet another eBay question

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I buy a lot there but I sold for the first time this week.

The buyer e-mailed me after paying and collecting and asked me not to leave feedback for him. I wrote back and asked if he was sure, as I was going to leave positive feedback, and he said he was sure. He also said he would leave me positive feedback (just checked and yes, he has).

I'm trying to work out why he would ask this? I'm sure it's harmless but I'm trying to think if there's anything I've missed and how not leaving feedback could possibly be part of a scam or a sign of trouble.

Can anyone give some insight?

Comments

• Options
    lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He probably doesn't want the item to show on his feedback page, for example he could have bought it as a gift for someone and this person knows his ebay ID if they checked his feedback they would see he had bought this item.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    I buy a lot there but I sold for the first time this week.

The buyer e-mailed me after paying and collecting and asked me not to leave feedback for him. I wrote back and asked if he was sure, as I was going to leave positive feedback, and he said he was sure. He also said he would leave me positive feedback (just checked and yes, he has).

I'm trying to work out why he would ask this? I'm sure it's harmless but I'm trying to think if there's anything I've missed and how not leaving feedback could possibly be part of a scam or a sign of trouble.

Can anyone give some insight?

He doesn't want someone to know he's bought it.
  • Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey :D my mind is working overtime now! What was it op?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey :D my mind is working overtime now! What was it op?!

A dildo or other sex toy:p:D
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lym wrote: »
    He probably doesn't want the item to show on his feedback page, for example he could have bought it as a gift for someone and this person knows his ebay ID if they checked his feedback they would see he had bought this item.

but they would still know what he bought from his feedback left for others page
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does not have to be rude if it's a gift.

But the buyer leaving feedback has made an association anyway, which is easy to check.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this when selling a broken iPod, buyer asked me not to leave feedback. Been nosy I checked their sales and a week after buying it from my they listed it for sale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was nothing rude or embarrassing - just a piece of furniture!

The buyer was quite upfront that he was going to sell the item on after restoration/repair as that is his business. I don't know who he would want to hide it from but as long as nothing untoward is happening, I'm not bothered :)
  • Options
    pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    A dildo or other sex toy:p:D

you can't buy stuff like that on eBay. :-D