Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XVIII (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10 years ago today, Evolution won all the titles on the same night at Armageddon.

Unusually, that PPV was not shown live in the UK becacuse Sky and WWE couldn't come to an agreement and Setanta stepped in to show a few PPV's that Sky didn't in 2004.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    The booking just points to what Iv been saying for weeks.

100% Randy Orton wins both titles on Sunday.

I'd agree but this IS Cena who is needlessly given wins when he doesn't need them. I want Orton to win but know damn well Cena almost never loses and WWE feel he needs a "feel good moment" even tho if he wins it'll mean EVERYTHING Orton did from Summerslam onwards was a big ol' waste of time. I really despair at them booking Randy to be a whining snivveling bitch of the Authority who can't even wipe his own arse without their help. Randy used to be booked to be strong not needing anyone's help yet creative are destroying his character 100%
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10 years ago today, Evolution won all the titles on the same night at Armageddon.

Unusually, that PPV was not shown live in the UK becacuse Sky and WWE couldn't come to an agreement and Setanta stepped in to show a few PPV's that Sky didn't in 2004.

I liked that show some decent matches. Orton beginning the start of his push with the IC win. Tag Team Turmoil was good and the surprise ending where Flair and Batista won, HBK/Batista wasn't to bad and the sight at the end with Evolution holding all the belts was glorious. One my fav factions ever.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember that show. I think I've got it on DVD somewhere too, though I remember it being pretty bad.
    I'd agree but this IS Cena who is needlessly given wins when he doesn't need them. I want Orton to win but know damn well Cena almost never loses and WWE feel he needs a "feel good moment" even tho if he wins it'll mean EVERYTHING Orton did from Summerslam onwards was a big ol' waste of time. I really despair at them booking Randy to be a whining snivveling bitch of the Authority who can't even wipe his own arse without their help. Randy used to be booked to be strong not needing anyone's help yet creative are destroying his character 100%

It will all be worth it if Cena actually goes heel.
    The booking of Orton seems strange because they've been teasing tension between him and the Authority rather than going down the traditional route of him being their in-ring figurehead. It's interesting, but only if something more comes of it.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I'd forgive wwe everything if cena went heal based on he has always had his way and always come up looking good. He would be the smuggest heel ever....But he won't and they won't

He doesn't need too because he does what he wants and gets booed or cheered either way, He turns some will cheer some will boo...Nothing changes.

They will not book a heel to be as strong as cena is, They haven't arguably since original lesnar push. And cena clearly doesn't like to lose clean. We are at a dead end that will continually be pushed at until something gives or someone overtakes cena
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heel Cena would be EXACTLY like the one we have now, making crappy jokes always winning. So i don't see any pros to heel Cena if im honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    I'd forgive wwe everything if cena went heal based on he has always had his way and always come up looking good. He would be the smuggest heel ever....But he won't and they won't

He doesn't need too because he does what he wants and gets booed or cheered either way, He turns some will cheer some will boo...Nothing changes.

They will not book a heel to be as strong as cena is, They haven't arguably since original lesnar push. And cena clearly doesn't like to lose clean. We are at a dead end that will continually be pushed at until something gives or someone overtakes cena

What makes you say that? Top faces losing clean is pretty rare in any circumstance but Cena does it when the time is right.
  • Options
    Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Cena heel turn would be amazing, but I dont think it will happen. He may be hated by the IWC but the kids buy his stuff and I don't see the WWE risking loss of revenue.

If he did turn heel then they should go all out. Having him hate all the annoying brats in the audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    What makes you say that? Top faces losing clean is pretty rare in any circumstance but Cena does it when the time is right.

Orton lost clean dozens of time as a face you can't say the same for Cena as there were always reasons wht he lost
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    What a brilliant ending. Why don't they do this stuff more often? Wrestlers don't just have to interact with those that they are currently ina fued with! Great dDaniel Bryan chants

Would love a double turn but can't see cena going heel

Sergio u have said 100% about predictions before and been wrong iirc.

P.s gonna moss the shield :( hope reigns DONT become Batista like annoying

I was there and the cheers for "local boy" Bryan were great. He couldn't stop laughing though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    I think Orton will win. Isn't it usually the 'heel' who holds the wwe title heading into the Royal Rumble? Plus Cena has gotten the better of R.O on a couple of occasions heading into TLC.

A ladder match is the type of match Cena can lose without losing face and I'd probably argue the reason they've given the world title to Cena is so they can remove it once and for all.
  • Options
    SRWSRW Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whens Daniel Bryan getting the belt Vince?
  • Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Interesting story to hear about AJ Lee going crazy and swearing at TV Personality Michelle Beadle during an interview with Punk at Tribute to the Troops.

WWE management are very unhappy about it.

I wonder if she'll lose the title because of it.

I suppose she really is crazy.
  • Options
    Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DejaVoodoo wrote: »
    Interesting story to hear about AJ Lee going crazy and swearing at TV Personality Michelle Beadle during an interview with Punk at Tribute to the Troops.

..She's apparently dating CM Punk and she is over with the fans, I doubt they'll be wanting to bury her anytime soon.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Beadle is also a huge wrestling fan herself, so I wonder what set AJ off? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    This is interesting from Bryan Alvarez ;

While the company knew that Bryan would be popular in Seattle, nobody had any idea that the fans were going to take over the show to this degree. Vince McMahon was very upset as it was going on, but John Cena was back there with him in the gorilla position telling him that it was OK and to let the fans enjoy themselves.

If true does go to prove Vince really does not care what the fans want. Also is a worry that maybe Bryan won't make it back in to the title scene anytime soon.
  • Options
    DejaVoodooDejaVoodoo Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    ..She's apparently dating CM Punk and she is over with the fans, I doubt they'll be wanting to bury her anytime soon.

WWE has a history of burying people for doing things that publicly embarrass them. RVD being a good example.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WWE has a history of burying people for doing things that publicly embarrass them. RVD being a good example.

In RVD's case, he only has himself to blame for that one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu64 wrote: »

While the company knew that Bryan would be popular in Seattle, nobody had any idea that the fans were going to take over the show to this degree. Vince McMahon was very upset as it was going on, but John Cena was back there with him in the gorilla position telling him that it was OK and to let the fans enjoy themselves.

If true does go to prove Vince really does not care what the fans want. Also is a worry that maybe Bryan won't make it back in to the title scene anytime soon.

I don't believe for one SECOND Vince was unhappy with the fans reaction for Bryan yeeeeah he'd hate hometown fans cheering for their guy...*Rolls eyes*
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Shows how out of touch Mr McMahon is, the days of roided up freaks drawing money are long gone
  • Options
    stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    I don't believe for one SECOND Vince was unhappy with the fans reaction for Bryan yeeeeah he'd hate hometown fans cheering for their guy...*Rolls eyes*

It was more to do with the last segment and how the fans chanted boring all the way through Orton's promo and turned it from a Cena/Orton face off in to a Bryan appreciation night feel.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/412035602415357952

No Fozzy shows until June = Y2J return at Rumble probably. ;)
  • Options
    sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    Sergio u have said 100% about predictions before and been wrong iirc

When?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was more to do with the last segment and how the fans chanted boring all the way through Orton's promo and turned it from a Cena/Orton face off in to a Bryan appreciation night feel.

I think Cena managed to focus attention on the TLC title match pretty well though, while also allowing fans to enjoy the chants. He doesn't really get to fazed by crowds in the way that he did when they first started booing him years ago. He knows exactly what he's doing.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the story about Vince being angry was true as well. That's the problem with WWE dominating wrestling like they do - they are under less pressure to listen to the fans and case serve their own agendas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »

I wouldn't be too surprised if the story about Vince being angry was true as well. That's the problem with WWE dominating wrestling like they do - they are under less pressure to listen to the fans and case serve their own agendas.

I get the feeling that since WWE is making a healthy profit then Vince feels no need to make any major changes.
This discussion has been closed.