Merlin Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Lem_1Lem_1 Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    I can't believe I missed it either. I only skim read the first couple of pages of the Merlin episode threads back then. What a fool I was! :cry:

BIB - I was just lurking then and considering myself relatively safe and sane. How boring!
    Oh, it's quite sunny and pleasantly warm where I am. You should move here. ;)
    Cadiva wrote: »
    It's not sunny here but it's still quite pleasant atm :)

Right, that's it, I'm moving!
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lem_1 wrote: »
    BIB - I was just lurking then and considering myself relatively safe and sane. How boring!

I lurked then as well. I only started posting so I could have a mad rant about the finale. :o I didn't for one minute think that would lead to me going to see Shakespeare with DS forum members who write smutty stories about candles. :eek:
    Right, that's it, I'm moving!

I spoke too soon Lem. The sky is now starting to look suspiciously grey <sigh>.
  • Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can all blame me for the lowering of the tone. I was only in it for the sex right from the beginning.

The horse bit surprised me though. :rolleyes:

And you all should all come west for the weekend. We had rain last night and this morning, but it has brightened up now and is sunny (and windy). I think the weather front is moving east so you are probably all in for what we had earlier.
  • NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't you glad you admitted going to the Globe on the same day as us and then de-lurked? :D
    I lurked then as well. I only started posting so I could have a mad rant about the finale. :oI didn't for one minute think that would lead to me going to see Shakespeare with DS forum members who write smutty stories about candles. :eek:
    Hahaha! Did any of us though? ;)
    I lurked for a couple of months in the summer before I decided to join in, but at the time I only imagined discussing the episodes and getting to read spoilers. If I'd known where it would end up I'd have joined sooner. :D
    Avi8 wrote: »
    Lol! :D I think it surprised us all, Avi.
  • Lem_1Lem_1 Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Natarhi wrote: »
    Aren't you glad you admitted going to the Globe on the same day as us and then de-lurked? :D

Most of the time yes, it's just I'm questioning my sanity on a more regular basis now with some of the threads on here :)
    Oh, and the fact that I'll never be able to look at a candle or a horse with a straight face again :o
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've found Avi with Merlin AND Elyan on her back. Greedy!

She looks very content.. Well if horses can look content :confused:
    Smint wrote: »
    Although reading back, we had such high hopes for Aithusa . . . and the magic reveal as well :cry:

That didn't last very long did it :rolleyes:
    Yup. It was Smint, Star, Baileysirish and Avi who corrupted me in the first place. They are terrible influences. ;)

Woah, woah, woah.. rewind.. innocent little me :eek: never :rolleyes::o
    Avi8 wrote: »
    You can all blame me for the lowering of the tone. I was only in it for the sex right from the beginning.

Surprised you? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lurked for a couple of months in the summer before I decided to join in, but at the time I only imagined discussing the episodes and getting to read spoilers. If I'd known where it would end up I'd have joined sooner. :D

Me too! I did read the spoilers about Arthur dying (and thank god I did! I think I would have been traumatised for life otherwise :o.) I don't remember any smuttiness though. Probably because I was so innocent back then it completely went over my head. <Fondly remembers the days when she used to be normal.>
    Most of the time yes, it's just I'm questioning my sanity on a more regular basis now with some of the threads on here :)
    Oh, and the fact that I'll never be able to look at a candle or a horse with a straight face again :o

I'm afraid it's too late for you now Lem. If you post on here with any regularity, which you do, it's safe to say you are completely mad. ;) I walked past a candle shop the other day and all I could think was "oooh Smint would have a field day in there." :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? :confused: We are entirely sane. (Well, most of us are, I'm not sure the same can be said for Keren. ;):p)
    star89 wrote: »
    Woah, woah, woah.. rewind.. innocent little me :eek: never :rolleyes::o
    Give it up star, nobody's buying it. :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? :confused: We are entirely sane. (Well, most of us are, I'm not sure the same can be said for Keren. ;):p)

It's always the ones who are the most mad and delusional who are convinced they're sane. ;) Anyway, how can you say that? I'm not the one writing stories about shoving candles up places where candles should never go, stalking Eoin and TLM on twitter and announcing to people that they want to be a horse! If anyone's completely bonkers on here it's Smint and Avi. :D All I've done is say that I want to attack Colin with whipped cream and tie him up in my hotel room and there's absolutely nothing insane about that. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    There's a shield :confused::o

Now I'm no expert but I'm sure Arthur's horse was brown ;)

I think you're right. Bradley and Colin interviewed Arthur's horse in their video diaries. I'm sure he was dark brown and called Tarrento?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're right. Bradley and Colin interviewed Arthur's horse in their video diaries. I'm sure he was dark brown and called Tarrento?
    :eek: No, she was brown and called Avi! ;):D
    Forum Member
    Just watched part two of The Darkest Hour on CBBC. They showed Lancelot's pyre and then cut out scene where Arthur holds Gwen's hand WHY ? Are we going to corrupt our children if they see two adults holding hands ?!! The dialogue had nothing that would be deemed unsuitable and there was enough time in the scheduling. It ruined the episode as it suddenly rushed into next scene in Gaius' chambers. Having watched this I must be bringing up my sons in highly inappropriate manner - they see me and their father cuddling, kissing and holding hands !
    To any Star Wars fans out there, May the Fourth be with you !
    Smint thank you for your birthday wishes to my sons. BBQ later - hopefully - we keep getting a shower but mainly sunny.
    Forum Member
    :eek: No, she was brown and called Avi! ;):D

That's her stage name ! Someone was already registered with her real name !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched part two of The Darkest Hour on CBBC. They showed Lancelot's pyre and then cut out scene where Arthur holds Gwen's hand WHY ? Are we going to corrupt our children if they see two adults holding hands ?!! The dialogue had nothing that would be deemed unsuitable and there was enough time in the scheduling. It ruined the episode as it suddenly rushed into next scene in Gaius' chambers. Having watched this I must be bringing up my sons in highly inappropriate manner - they see me and their father cuddling, kissing and holding hands !
    To any Star Wars fans out there, May the Fourth be with you !
    Smint thank you for your birthday wishes to my sons. BBQ later - hopefully - we keep getting a shower but mainly sunny.
    OK, I thought that cutting the kiss in 2.02 was bad, but that is just beyond ridiculous! Who is even making these decisions? And what is wrong with them??

I didn't know it was your sons birthday, I hope they're having a good day. :) The showers have all cleared away here so hopefully they will soon for you too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give it up star, nobody's buying it. :p:D

How rude. Where's my good Sir Stu? He'l vouch for my innocence :)
    It's always the ones who are the most mad and delusional who are convinced they're sane. ;) Anyway, how can you say that? I'm not the one writing stories about shoving candles up places where candles should never go, stalking Eoin and TLM on twitter and announcing to people that they want to be a horse! If anyone's completely bonkers on here it's Smint and Avi. :D All I've done is say that I want to attack Colin with whipped cream and tie him up in my hotel room and there's absolutely nothing insane about that. ;)

TBF girls got a point ;)

There were different horses in France and then in Wales so he wouldn't be on the same horse all the time.. and yes from memory I believe they were mostly male (the horses) BUT shhh the horse is the same, its female and its called Avi :D:p
  • SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How rude. Where's my good Sir Stu? He'l vouch for my innocence :)

Why here's right here m'lady! :D *bows*

Of course I'll vouch for your innocence m'dear :) I know of no one with a purer heart and mind than my delightful young ward, and anyone who can't see it can only be deluded :D

So what are we watching tonight? :) Obviously I've got my 'Best of Morgana looking deadly in floaty dresses' disc but I'm the only one with a copy and I doubt that everyone wants to listen to me rabbit on about that all night :(:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why here's right here m'lady! :D *bows*

Of course I'll vouch for your innocence m'dear :) I know of no one with a purer heart and mind than my delightful young ward, and anyone who can't see it can only be deluded :D

So what are we watching tonight? :) Obviously I've got my 'Best of Morgana looking deadly in floaty dresses' disc but I'm the only one with a copy and I doubt that everyone wants to listen to me rabbit on about that all night :(:D

*Curtsies*

Oh my good Sir you truely are the most noble of Knights and may I say, one heck of a guardian. Whenever I need you, here you are :D *Swoons*

Well I can't speak for the rest but I'd be perfectly happy to discuss Morgana's beauty and her floaty dresses :)

I believe we are up to 2x05-2x06, the troll episodes.
    As to wether we are watching tonight or not I'm unsure. You best ask Natarhi, she will know :D
  • SmintSmint Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Given that I wouldn't even be writing about candles if it wasn't for YOU, Keren, I think it's a bit rich that you call ME bonkers! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D
  • SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Curtsies*

Oh my good Sir you truely are the most noble of Knights and may I say, one heck of a guardian. Whenever I need you, here you are :D *Swoons*

Well I can't speak for the rest but I'd be perfectly happy to discuss Morgana's beauty and her floaty dresses :)

I believe we are up to 2x05-2x06, the troll episodes.
    As to wether we are watching tonight or not I'm unsure. You best ask Natarhi, she will know :D

I have to admit I'm not too bothered about the troll story, but I don't mind watching it tonight :)

Tbh I'm more looking forward to the Witchfinder (Morgana looking scared in a floaty dress :D) and Sins of the Father* which I've probably seen as many times as my own feet :D

*Greatest opening scene ever :D Morgause looking gorgeous in lovely dress as she cast a spell...then she stomps into Camelot chopping up various guards (only time I've seen them actually spot an intruder)...marches in to audience chamber and tosses her gauntlet down at Arthur's feet...takes her helmet off, looks deadly and gives her name *sigh* it's beautiful :D If only she'd asked Merlin who he thought he was looking at and called him a t*sser it would have been THE perfect scene :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm up for that, as long as we can discuss Merlin's cheekbones and lips too. Not that you'd be interested in that but I'm sure Avi will be.
    Given that I wouldn't even be writing about candles if it wasn't for YOU, Keren, I think it's a bit rich that you call ME bonkers! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Rubbish! I asked you to write me a hot Merthur scene not the most depraved thing you could think of. I wasn't the one who came up with the candle idea, you just randomly put it in, so my argument still stands. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish! I asked you to write me a hot Merthur scene not the most depraved thing you could think of. I wasn't the one who came up with the candle idea, you just randomly put it in, so my argument still stands. ;)

If you think THAT is the most depraved thing I can think of . . . dear, oh dear, oh dear . . . ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think THAT is the most depraved thing I can think of . . . dear, oh dear, oh dear . . . ;)

Go on then, write me the most depraved thing you can think of. <Is feeling VERY brave>
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go on then, write me the most depraved thing you can think of. <Is feeling VERY brave>

No

Because I'm going to meet you in real life :)
  • Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even if it involved horses Keren? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit I'm not too bothered about the troll story, but I don't mind watching it tonight :)

Tbh I'm more looking forward to the Witchfinder (Morgana looking scared in a floaty dress :D) and Sins of the Father* which I've probably seen as many times as my own feet :D

*Greatest opening scene ever :D Morgause looking gorgeous in lovely dress as she cast a spell...then she stomps into Camelot chopping up various guards (only time I've seen them actually spot an intruder)...marches in to audience chamber and tosses her gauntlet down at Arthur's feet...takes her helmet off, looks deadly and gives her name *sigh* it's beautiful :D If only she'd asked Merlin who he thought he was looking at and called him a t*sser it would have been THE perfect scene :D

Oh I do enjoy the witchfinder and Sins of the Father is brilliant :D

If only someone had of told Morgause about the guards in Camelot it would of saved her alot of bother. There was no need to fight her way in. Doesn't she know that all you have to do is put your hood up and walk suspiciously into the castle and you won't be bothered or stopped :rolleyes: