Apprentice Winner Simon Ambrose May Sue Clinic Over Sister's Death

oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
Forum Member
✭✭
I happened across a news item about Simon Ambrose in the Evening Standard yesterday.

A tragic family story: In 2011 his sister, who had been suicidal, was let out of a mental health clinic unaccompanied, against doctors' orders, and was hit by a train, leaving her in a persistent vegetative state until she died of pneumonia in 2014.

At the inquest this week the coroner said this was a really serious failure in basic medical care. Simon Ambrose who was very close to his sister and says his parents are devastated and struggling with life ever since her death, is taking legal steps to see whether he can lodge a claim against the hospital for negligence.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/apprentice-winner-simon-ambrose-threatens-to-sue-mental-clinic-after-sister-killed-by-train-a2923056.html

There is also a snippet about his business career, which isn't in the property development that he worked in with Sugar and trained for, as a surveyor:

"Mr Ambrose, who runs the Hoxton Basement events business in east London, will also shortly open a German-themed bar and restaurant on Stoke Newington Road in Dalston."

Comments

• george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    So sad!

I don't know enough about the case to be able to comment on whether he'd have grounds to sue, but it's a really tragic story and I wish Simon and his family all the best.