Spartacus: War of the Damned US Pace

Comments

• plateletplatelet Posts: 26,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Obviously some perverted barbarian practice he picked up whilst fighting out east;). I recall during the "Operation Spanner" trials back in the late '80s that various eye popping things could be done for 'pleasure' so I really wouldn't be suprised if Little Caesar was indeed being scraped until blood flowed:eek:

the producer Steven DeKnight said "That's this little mystery thing of what the hell is going on there. You don't find out until Episode 4 what that's about"

My money is on some form of Roman STD treatment or disease of Venus as it were
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit there were some awesome kills this week
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    the producer Steven DeKnight said "That's this little mystery thing of what the hell is going on there. You don't find out until Episode 4 what that's about"

My money is on some form of Roman STD treatment or disease of Venus as it were

:eek:You've just reminded me of Juan Borgia's syphilis treatment in "The Borgias" - ouch!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Barry Duffield - Lugo has a idea he needs help with - anyone got some spare cash

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/298713/x/957476
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Crassus will remove the title from Tiberius once he finds out he's gay.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I wonder if Crassus will remove the title from Tiberius once he finds out he's gay.

Don't see why, being gay wasn't seen as anything to get het up about back then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Don't see why, being gay wasn't seen as anything to get het up about back then.

It seems like he is hiding it from his father though, so he may have a problem with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crassus: Do you eat oysters?
    Antoninus: When I have them, master.
    Crassus: Do you eat snails?
    Antoninus: No, master.
    Crassus: Do you consider the eating of oysters to be moral and the eating of snails to be immoral?
    Antoninus: No, master.
    Crassus: Of course not. It is all a matter of taste, isn't it?
    Antoninus: Yes, master.
    Crassus: And taste is not the same as appetite, and therefore not a question of morals.
    Antoninus: It could be argued so, master.
    Crassus: My robe, Antoninus. My taste includes both snails and oysters.

I doubt Crassus would mind
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the other seasons of this show.

Can't find anywhere to watch this online though.:(:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed that exchange.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone's got any cash to splash and wants a souvenir

http://stores.ebay.com/VIP-AUCTIONS/_i.html?_fsub=4302268011
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    If anyone's got any cash to splash and wants a souvenir

http://stores.ebay.com/VIP-AUCTIONS/_i.html?_fsub=4302268011

Kirk Douglas isn't listed :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirk Douglas isn't listed :(

I wonder what happened to the Kirk Douglas's ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHAT an episode!!!

And a special appearance by a 'Kirk Douglas' "I've got a magic cock" - Contender for line of the season :D

Neavia is batshit crazy and needs to die. Soon. :(
    The slaves are as bad as the Romans.
    LOVE the pirates :D
    Saxa scrubs up well :D

It is good - and has always been the case in Spartacus - that nothing is black and white, no-one is all good or all bad. Everyone has their reasons for doing what they think is good either for themselves or for their cause. Except maybe Saxa - morals of an alley cat that one:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Liam's grown into the role although I still miss Andy
  • pon farrpon farr Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    My vote for the most memorable death of the episode goes to Julius Caesar, for giving that poor old soldier a splitting headache.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pon farr wrote: »
    My vote for the most memorable death of the episode goes to Julius Caesar, for giving that poor old soldier a splitting headache.

I really love Caesar so far and can't help thinking, Spartacus's tail is drawing to an end, but the same treatment on Caesar's story would be an excellent spin off
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    I really love Caesar so far and can't help thinking, Spartacus's tail is drawing to an end, but the same treatment on Caesar's story would be an excellent spin off

They are thinking about a spin off

http://screenrant.com/spartacus-season-3-poster-caesar-spin-off/
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never thought I'd be rooting for a guy trying to kill Naevia, but she's become quite the unhinged bitch. :eek:

I'm still firmly on Team Laeta, if she is indeed playing Spartacus and plotting against him. The rebels and Crassus' army are all as bad as each other. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never thought I'd be rooting for a guy trying to kill Naevia, but she's become quite the unhinged bitch. :eek:

I'm still firmly on Team Laeta, if she is indeed playing Spartacus and plotting against him. The rebels and Crassus' army are all as bad as each other. :D

Naevia needs to die soon.

Not least because
    it is a matter of historic record that Crixus dies - possibly after parting with Spartacus - so Naevia dying could be a catalyst for this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D Excellent. It's a natural fit, plenty of political intrigue, combined with a lot of violence
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is this on Sky?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Titan9 wrote: »
    When is this on Sky?

Tonight!!

There is a thread at UK pace

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1670589&page=2

It doesn't have UK Pace in the title but it is UK paced.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not convinced about Caesar. He looks like someone out of Hercules The Adventures or Home and Away rather than a roman. Maybe he will scrub up, but he is nothing like the classical portrayals of Caesar at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I'm not convinced about Caesar. He looks like someone out of Hercules The Adventures or Home and Away rather than a roman. Maybe he will scrub up, but he is nothing like the classical portrayals of Caesar at all.

I haven't watched Home and Away since around 1988 - it's changed a lot if sexual blood letting is a major feature of its storylines!!!! What would Pippa say:eek: Or Fisher:eek:

But, I would agree. He isn't fleshed out (excuse the pun) yet - but I have high hopes, have the writers let us down before?:)