Spartacus: War of the Damned US Pace

Comments

• SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Tiberius effing up so bad, maybe Crassus will promote give Caesar the position instead and we will get more character development.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I'm not convinced about Caesar. He looks like someone out of Hercules The Adventures or Home and Away rather than a roman. Maybe he will scrub up, but he is nothing like the classical portrayals of Caesar at all.

He is a young Caesar in this isn't he supposed to be in his twenties
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I'm not convinced about Caesar. He looks like someone out of Hercules The Adventures or Home and Away rather than a roman. Maybe he will scrub up, but he is nothing like the classical portrayals of Caesar at all.

He's in disguise :D
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caesar was a master of self-promotion and spin so the view we have of him will be rather skewed toward the heroic, nobel Roman. Whilst a lot of powerful men will be critised once safely dead, with Caesar for a long time the ruling elite used their relationship to Caesar to legitimise their rule so it would be a very long time before anyone dare to criticise him least the current emperor got miffed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I never thought I'd be rooting for a guy trying to kill Naevia, but she's become quite the unhinged bitch. :eek:

I'm still firmly on Team Laeta, if she is indeed playing Spartacus and plotting against him. The rebels and Crassus' army are all as bad as each other. :D

Crixus is worse than Naevia. Naevia's obviously a bit mental now so she isn't completely responsible for her actions. But Crixus still seems sane.

Making those Romans fight over a hunk of bread was one of the most inhumane things any character has done. And then he turns around and acts horrified because Naevia chops the baker's hand, as if that's less awful than making men fight to the death over food? How were their deaths any better than the way Varro was killed? Yet a lot of people seem to view Crixus as a hero.

I always thought Crixus was a prick, never really understood the Blood and Sand Naevia's attraction to him, but now I hate the bastard.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    could someone tell me what exactly Ceaser was having done to his cock in episode 2?
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crixus is worse than Naevia. Naevia's obviously a bit mental now so she isn't completely responsible for her actions. But Crixus still seems sane.

Making those Romans fight over a hunk of bread was one of the most inhumane things any character has done. And then he turns around and acts horrified because Naevia chops the baker's hand, as if that's less awful than making men fight to the death over food? How were their deaths any better than the way Varro was killed? Yet a lot of people seem to view Crixus as a hero.

I always thought Crixus was a prick, never really understood the Blood and Sand Naevia's attraction to him, but now I hate the bastard.

Oh, I agree, I never liked Crixus. For me, one of his lowest moments was stabbing pregnant Lucretia. She may have deserved it, but his unborn child certainly didn't.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caesar's obvious Australian accent is hilarious :D
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    could someone tell me what exactly Ceaser was having done to his cock in episode 2?

Revealed in this week's episode.

In case you missed it, it wasn't his cock. She was carving a hole on his thigh to make it look as if he was a slave that had removed their brand
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent episode this week!!
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're all a bunch of f''cks aren't they:eek:

Well, I was right about Caesar going undercover. And I like him - bordering mental but with a sensitive side. And the old divide and conquer, setting people against each other :D

Naevia is still bat shit crazy - she's been caught out and still insists she was right stomping Gannicus's friend to death. Crixus is not much saner - totally Naevia's bi-atch. Nemetes isn't much better :(

But I've got to question Spartacus's leadership if all this is going on under his watch. Perhaps he needs another rousing speech. perhaps (spoiler for speculation based on history)
    Crixus leaving and getting killed will help - everyone left rallying to avenge Crixus

Don't like Agron & Nasir fighting - I worry there is going to be a tearful death soon.

I really want to know what Spartacus has planned with the pirates! It's got to be big!

Another good episode all in all:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode! :)

When Caesar threw his dagger, did anyone else expect (and hope) that it was going to skewer Naevia's head? :o

It looks like she and Crixus are about to attempt a coup. As unlikeable as she's become, I do like it from a storytelling perspective. She started off in Blood and Sand as a nice, friendly, gentle girl, and now in the final season she's an unstable, bloodthirsy bitch.
    Having read that the historical Crixus died after leaving the main group, I assume they're building up to his death now. I wonder if he and Naevia will be together in death, or if she survives him and his death pushes her further into insanity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

When Caesar threw his dagger, did anyone else expect (and hope) that it was going to skewer Naevia's head? :o

It looks like she and Crixus are about to attempt a coup. As unlikeable as she's become, I do like it from a storytelling perspective. She started off in Blood and Sand as a nice, friendly, gentle girl, and now in the final season she's an unstable, bloodthirsy bitch.
    Having read that the historical Crixus died after leaving the main group, I assume they're building up to his death now. I wonder if he and Naevia will be together in death, or if she survives him and his death pushes her further into insanity.

Don't get me wrong - bat shit crazy might not be likable - and yes, was kinda hoping Caesar was going to score 180 on Naevia's noggin - but it does make great TV. They have all changed over the series, some for the better, some for the worse. It would have been laughable and stupid if Naevia hadn't changed after what she's been through.
  • pon farrpon farr Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    Excellent episode, had a feeling from the episode title that Roman retribution was forthcoming. Definitely one way to instil discipline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they stick to history Crixcus won't instigate a coup but split from Spartacus
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the newest episode.

Anyone but me find it very hard to watch the Decimation scene? Man, that was brutal. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Loved the newest episode.

Anyone but me find it very hard to watch the Decimation scene? Man, that was brutal. :(

Great episode, and I agree with you, the decimation scene was brutal, made all the harder to watch as in effect it was true.
    although not sure on the highborn romans (Tiberious and his friend) being treated the same as the normal soldiers.
    but that might just be Crassus being a bastard! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its getting a bit tense!!

Such a jam packed, twisty turny episode!

Nice to see Crixus & Sparty reconciled - lets hope Agron & Nasir have a chance to make up:eek:

Caeser's coming out was great - I'd gone off Nemetes anyway and his spur of the moment burning of the city gates was genius. Almost rooting for him - almost:D

Can't wait for next week:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode!

Tiberius! You bastard! :eek:

I was happy when Caesar killed Nemetes, really disliked him this season. :)

Fantastic ending! Next week will likely be action from the start!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daddy's not going to be happy with Tiberius
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually liked Nemetes, there was something about his honesty that felt refreshing.
    But boy oh boy am I hoping they rewrite history, I love the main characters too much, except that c**t Naevia.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic episode, can't wait for the next.
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I actually liked Nemetes, there was something about his honesty that felt refreshing.
    But boy oh boy am I hoping they rewrite history, I love the main characters too much, except that c**t Naevia.

I'm with you I really hope they don't stay truthful to history, i want them to go in a different direction so that we have no idea how it ends and to allow anyone to live/die. I'm really looking forward to the next episode looks like it is going to be an amazing showdown for the mid season battle.
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

I have to disagree with all of that. Nemetes was anything but honest. That was the point of the character. Caesar couldn't have wormed his way into the company of someone who was honest.

I don't understand the particular hatred for Naevia. Why does she receive special bile when other main characters who have done worse do not? Naevia is portrayed by a terrible actor though. I still miss the original Naevia.

Nothing would infuriate me me more if they copped out and gave them a happy ending. It needs to end as a tragedy to give the show the epic finale it deserves. However, I can see Gannicus and Sibyl surviving, with Gannicus leading the few rebels that live away from Italy, echoing the end of Gods of Arena when he vanished beyond the horizon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely they won't be able to do the "I'm Spartacus" bit from the film as Caeser knows who Spartacus is or was that just a Hollywood invention