Options

Unanswered questions?

Comments

• Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main one I think is who gave Clara the Doctor's number. The ONLY reason the two of them met was because of that woman. It's not River so....?
  • Options
    AJ1000AJ1000 Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    I think John Hurts doctor is the one who locked all the daleks and time lords away, and so brought peace, but made him the last time lord.
  • Options
    BlackTarantulaBlackTarantula Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Why was Victorian Clara's birthday November 23rd?

Jenna-Louise Coleman said we would find out in the finale but we didn't.
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, what about the numbers 16 and 23 being missing from her book in BOSJ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    How come Clara knew who the Doctor was everytime she saw him, calling him by name apart from the times we had seen her before when she seemed to have no idea who he was?

Also was Clara advising the Doctor to take a different TARDIS or making sure he took the one we know, because if its the first then that seems to go against everything we know... or am I wrong?
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was Victorian Clara's birthday November 23rd?

Jenna-Louise Coleman said we would find out in the finale but we didn't.

Inside 'joke' essentially, saying that Clara had been there right from the start.
    Oh, what about the numbers 16 and 23 being missing from her book in BOSJ?

The years that her mother and the Maitland's mother died. Obviously she didn't think of travelling those years.
    ronin412 wrote: »
    How come Clara knew who the Doctor was everytime she saw him, calling him by name apart from the times we had seen her before when she seemed to have no idea who he was?

It was basically explained that she didn't know who she was just that she was supposed to save the Doctor. It was the real Clara's latent memories kicking in as such.
    Also was Clara advising the Doctor to take a different TARDIS or making sure he took the one we know, because if its the first then that seems to go against everything we know... or am I wrong?

She was telling him to take the right one. Hence the 'navigation's broken' bit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Banks246 wrote: »
    Does anyone think it was the GI who blew up the TARDIS when he entered the Doctor's timeline?

From this moment on we have an answer for pretty much every plot hole:D

It's really cool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    The main one I think is who gave Clara the Doctor's number. The ONLY reason the two of them met was because of that woman. It's not River so....?

That could just be another Clara in a different body?

Or also could be someone/thing we haven't seen yet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Inside 'joke' essentially, saying that Clara had been there right from the start.

The years that her mother and the Maitland's mother died. Obviously she didn't think of travelling those years.

It was basically explained that she didn't know who she was just that she was supposed to save the Doctor. It was the real Clara's latent memories kicking in as such.

She was telling him to take the right one. Hence the 'navigation's broken' bit.

Thats what I thought about the TARDIS bit but I thought the TARDIS had chosen him, called to him etc but if he was going to steal a different TARDIS, where does that leave it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats what I thought about the TARDIS bit but I thought the TARDIS had chosen him, called to him etc but if he was going to steal a different TARDIS, where does that leave it?

I think we can assume it was then the Tardis that allowed Clara to know which one it was amongst all the others.
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But you have to remmeber, Clara wasn't becoming part of the original timeline, but going back to a timeline where the GI had already been there to kill the doctor, so before Time Lady Clara told him to take the other TARDIS, THE GI would have done something to make the doctor want to pick another TARDIS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    1.How did Madame Vastra, Strax and Jenny get to Trenzalore?
    2.How did Strax bring Jenny back to life?
    3.Wouldn't The Doctor of recognised Clara from previous encounters?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    The doctor also states that the only person there is him, that's the point so Clara on that reckoning must be a future incarnation of the Doctor.
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Why didn't Dorium tell the Doctor the Trenzalore thing before he just ended up as a head in a box?

And why did he sacrifice himself like that when he knew in advance the Doctor survived anyway?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsDeng wrote: »
    The doctor also states that the only person there is him, that's the point so Clara on that reckoning must be a future incarnation of the Doctor.

Not necessarily. Clara would have only stepped in where the GI attempted to change things. If the GI didn't try to change anything for the JH Doctor then there would have been no reason for Clara to change it back, and therefore no reason for her to meet him. JH is supposed to be bad so the GI would not have had a reason to interfere with his actions,

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your post. No, I don't think Clara is a future Doctor. I am sure that The Doctor just meant that everyone else was him, not incuding Clara herself.
  • Options
    BrotherLoveBrotherLove Posts: 2,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has the huge dying tardis from the future still got the cracked window?
  • Options
    RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This

But mostly this.
  • Options
    So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole leaf thing at the end. Is Clara the actual real Clara, because the whole she floated into this world on a leaf thing made it sound like she wasn't? And then there's the whole hold onto the said leaf and it will take you home thing, which it didn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paradox!!!

He knew about it because he had already been in the timeline and already seen it and so knew about Trenzalore to be there to hijax the timeline...etc etc

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding but it sounds to me like you thought I meant the GI. I actually meant the Victorian women killing psychopath who surely must know nothing of Trenzalore and The Doctor. He's a Victorian!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was the "desktop" of the Tardis excatly the same when, no doubt, the control room WILL change again before the next(or with the next) Doctor?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding but it sounds to me like you thought I meant the GI. I actually meant the Victorian women killing psychopath who surely must know nothing of Trenzalore and The Doctor. He's a Victorian!

But he was being helped by the GI wasn't he? Wasn't that the whole thing was based around at XMas?
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oswin wrote: »

1. The G.I/Whispermen kidnapped them
    2. Scifi magic
    3. Clara said she was always calling out to the Doctor but most of the time he didn't hear her, presumably the times he did hear her were AotD and TS
    AJ1000 wrote: »
    I think John Hurts doctor is the one who locked all the daleks and time lords away, and so brought peace, but made him the last time lord.

With that in mind, my question is how did Skaro get unlocked to appear in AotD?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But he was being helped by the GI wasn't he? Wasn't that the whole thing was based around at XMas?

Was he? He was begging Vastra for his life in return for information, that doesn't seem very GI like to me nor does killing 14 women. I just thought he was a nutter who know things he logically shouldn't.
  • Options
    RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was the "desktop" of the Tardis excatly the same when, no doubt, the control room WILL change again before the next(or with the next) Doctor?

Yep, I'll add that to my query about the Tardis with the broken pane of glass.
    3. Clara said she was always calling out to the Doctor but most of the time he didn't hear her, presumably the times he did hear her were AotD and TS

Yeah. The two times he did hear her are the two times she didn't recognise/know about him? :confused:
  • Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Clara saved the doctor in every second of his life, did she do it from afar, because they couldn't hear him expect the eleventh? Or are their adventures officially changed as in they interacted with her?
    From what we saw it was elements of both (interaction and afar). Its not clear how the time stream worked. Its possible that she may have simply been able to manipulate time from afar without becoming directly involved. What we saw as Clara interfering may have just been her manifesting as someone or something else. In Asylum of the Daleks for example she manifested as a Dalek rather than as Clara. And of course she has to interact directly with 11 to lay the trail of breadcrumbs for him to find her so she can enter his time stream.
    butlerx12 wrote: »
    ...and if we saw Clara during the doctors timeline (as a Dalek and the snowman one) why haven't we also seen the GI along his path. Other than when we first met him in the snowman one. Or have we?
    Who says we haven't? Or of course you could subscribe to the theory that by entering the time stream Clara essentially undoes whatever the Great Intelligence did making it a moot point.
    I think its possible people may very well be over thinking this.
    Maybe she did and was lying...?
    Oswin wrote: »
    1. They were taken there by the Great Intelligence
    2. He restarted her heart using a futuristic/advanced defibrillator.
    3. He didn't recognise her voice in The Snowman so either she wasn't exactly Clara when she manifested in the Doctor's life prior to this or The Doctor is just a little forgetful. Although I suppose many of the interactions would have been fleeting.
    Because it was the current version of the TARDIS. Before Clara entered the time stream to reverse whatever the Great Intelligence did The Doctor's life ended with Smith's Doctor. No future incarnations and no future fixing or refurb of the TARDIS.
    So 3008 wrote: »
    The whole leaf thing at the end. Is Clara the actual real Clara, because the whole she floated into this world on a leaf thing made it sound like she wasn't? And then there's the whole hold onto the said leaf and it will take you home thing, which it didn't.
    Its a metaphor. The leaf represents here parents meeting and their love for one another which ultimately produced Clara. That was explained in episode two of this batch of episodes. The whole leaf guiding you home thing I don't know. Maybe The Doctor used the leaf to 'lock on' to where Clara was or the leaf reminds her who she is and where she is and guides her home in that sense.
    Because it was the current version of the TARDIS. Before Clara entered the time stream to reverse whatever the Great Intelligence did The Doctor's life ended with Smith's Doctor. No future incarnations and no future fixing or refurb of the TARDIS.