The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot

Comments

• Jules 1Jules 1 Posts: 2,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it here as well
  • CoinCoin Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Loved every minute of this and it does make you wonder, was it really them under the blankets in the actual episode? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Brilliant end to a great anniversary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    lovely to see they had
    patrick troughton's son and jon pertwee's son
    in it

Which one was
    patricks son
    was it one of the three who should of been the Daleks and were locked in the room? If so was it the one on the left?
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    claire239 wrote: »
    Which one was
    patricks son
    was it one of the three who should of been the Daleks and were locked in the room? If so was it the one on the left?

yes! yes! :D
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really loved this, such a huge and amazing cast I'm only just spotting everyone on the second viewing! Great to see RTD, Barrowman and the full Davison/Moffatt/Tennant family. I noticed a Ty Tennant in the credits who I think is Georgia's first child, judging by the position of the name, I think he must have been the one at the DW Experience who noticed the missing costumes.

Great to get Peter Jackson et al in on the joke, on the radio this morning, McCoy said Jackson was a huge fan.

I was a bit worried about this being naff when I heard about it but it's been done really well. Great final line from Smith as well :D
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    both Adventures in Time and Space and this Fiveish Doctors reboot were 50 times better than the actual episode IMO
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very, very funny.

"Does this 'contact' have a Scottish accent and is married to your daughter?"
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    claire239 wrote: »
    Which one was
    patricks son

That was him, the one in the middle was Nick Briggs who does the Dalek voices and the other one was Frank Skinner
  • si29uksi29uk Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coin wrote: »
    Loved every minute of this and it does make you wonder, was it really them under the blankets in the actual episode? :D

I really hope it was - but it sadly probably wasn't.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    That was him, the one in the middle was Nick Briggs who does the Dalek voices and the other one was Frank Skinner
    Is there some reason for Frank's involvement? Is he a noted fan, or related to someone?

Or did he win a competition? :D
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just watched this and I loved it. Everyone was so brilliant, it's hard to single anyone out, but a special mention for RTD - so funny; "Quel dommage, Davros".

Also loved Tennant's "I forgot to ask her something" as Georgia was about to pop the baby out.

And Moffat playing with the DW figures.

And PJ and McKellen getting involved was great.

If I'm honest, I did actually enjoy this better than the main show. Did Davison write the script? Maybe he should do more, if so.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Lets face it there wouldn't be a 50th anniversary with out me, Russell T'

Quality, loved it!
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    Really loved this, such a huge and amazing cast I'm only just spotting everyone on the second viewing! Great to see RTD, Barrowman and the full Davison/Moffatt/Tennant family. I noticed a Ty Tennant in the credits who I think is Georgia's first child, judging by the position of the name, I think he must have been the one at the DW Experience who noticed the missing costumes.

Great to get Peter Jackson et al in on the joke, on the radio this morning, McCoy said Jackson was a huge fan.

I was a bit worried about this being naff when I heard about it but it's been done really well. Great final line from Smith as well :D

Ty was adopted by David wasn't he?

(Georgia's child from a previous relationship, which I don't think has ever been publicly named ISTR.)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Is there some reason for Frank's involvement? Is he a noted fan, or related to someone?

Or did he win a competition? :D

He's a big fan apparently

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a448160/frank-skinner-i-asked-for-a-role-on-doctor-who.html
  • scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I really did laugh out loud, just brilliant,
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen it. :D:D:D

JOYOUS. Gawd bless Peter, Colin and Sylvester. (Every time Sylvester raised his hat, awwwww...but it was all terrific.)

(Yep, written and directed by Peter D :cool: )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Just watched it! I loved every moment!

It was absolutely hilarious a fantastic piss take at people wanting the older doctors, them wanting to be in, the hype and secrecy for the episode, it was just fun!

and the end! wow!
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant end to the 50th.

So funny and so many bits you could quote too.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one who's absolutely LOVING this! Soooo funny!
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    A lovely way to include the classics in the 50th, and very funny too. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul McGann.... I want in, filming commitments permitting ....classic !
    Colin Baker stood on top of his lawn mower to get a signal and his family trying to escape his DVD showing !
    And Moffat playing with the figures whilst refusing to take the calls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    What a fantastic end to a great 50th Anniversary.

Thanks Peter, Colin, Sylvester and Paul.

Like a nice warm hug.

Happiness abounds.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That image of a smug 'Peter Davison' (rather desperate ex-Doctor, a character he's played in other self-directed stuff for The Gallifrey One convention. Please seek them out if you've not seen them.) sat on the coach as Sylvester And Colin snooze together on the back seats.....

Can't stop grinning. :D
  • RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the 50th and loved that too. Well done to all involved and being able to take the pee out of themselves a bit too :)