Options

Rosie Webster - Your help would be appreciated

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
Forum Member
✭✭
I am having a discussion with my partner right now and I am saying that a few years ago in an episode of the street Rosie Webster was printed somewhere as Dozy Webster - I seem to remember she had won a competition and Ken Barlow was something to do with it. Anyway Sally was insistant that the paper ( I think it was a newspaper) print a retraction. They did and they got her name wrong again - What I want to know is what they called her the second time. My partner says they got it right when she asked for the retraction. But I am sure they got it wrong. Am I mad thinking Rosy Wobster???
Please help me out - before voices get raised!!!! Thanks

Comments

• Options
    auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was definitely something about Rosie Wobster once, it's what I always call her now! Not sure on the specifics but it sounds about right!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Ken agonised over writing a review of an awful school play as he didn't want to upset Sally but didn't want to lie either. When it was printed Rosie was mis-printed as Dosie Webster. Sally demanded an apology, which the paper printed but corrected it to Rosie Wobster. (The two may be the other way round).
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    Oh God, yeah I remember that now... lol lol lol lol thanks for that, that's really cheered me up.. lol lol

Dozy Webster, it was a typo wasn't it.. lol lol
  • Options
    davlaurdavlaur Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Remember it too LOL !!!! So funny !!!!!!!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    That was funny, Dosie Wobster :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you one and all.
    I spent ages trawling though corrie.net and I did find it eventually and I win a meal out tomorrow..yum yum:D Hope it's not Maccy D's!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Make sure you get me a doggy bag! :-)
  • Options
    georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In our house, we still refer to her as Dozy Wobster - it seems to suit her! :D