Season 14 General discussion, videos, pics.

Comments

• StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    The standard was pretty high - the lowest score was 20 and the highest was 26 :eek:
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    The standard was pretty high - the lowest score was 20 and the highest was 26 :eek:

Yes, very high scores!

The biggest shock is that Derek doesn't have a ringer for once :eek: I bet he's not pleased.

I like Katherine. Great start and I hope she continues to do well.
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a great season start. Probably he best ever. Not one duffer amongst the stars. I'm glad they adopted the Strictly "no elimination on the first night" idea. I love to see them all again next week.
    I'm getting a bit tired of Carrie-Ann, it's not a good thing that Bruno looked demure compared to her. She's gushing more than Old Faithful at Yellowstone Park.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    These are the first videos but they do not have the scores. The full videos should be coming up later.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0CE4D99D10284287

Thanks for posting the link Lili - that looks like a great YT channel. Just started watching.... :)
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    what fantastic dancing, I loved it.

There was a great mix of song choices, and the choreography was stunning.

Katherine and Mark have loads of chemistry, no wonder the "relationship" rumours have started, ;)getting 9's for the first dance wow.

I find it hard to know who I'm going to support they are all great.
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Go Gladys - she was great! Imho Tris had given her a really excellent routine that suited her and allowed him to keep hold of her for a lot of the time.

Love his short intro film. Lol at "I'm the hot one from DWTS"...<falls about laughing>. No arguments from me :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! Really high standard for week 1 and, so far, no really horrible irritants!

Thought Katherine's FT was lovely. I may have to set aside my dislike of Mark :D)

Thanks for posting the clips with results Mrs F.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Gladys & Tristan. I think he is the perfect partner for her.

Jaleel & Kym were great as were William & Cheryl.

I really liked Martina & hope she stay around for a few weeks & continues to blossom.

Katherine & Mark annoy the living daylights out of me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Woo nice to be back,annoyed no British TV coverage so many thanks for all the links you girls are stars! Ploughed my way through all the dances now

Initial thoughts..no real bad dancers there at all which is good

Desperately want Maks to win this season but he's not going to with Melissa ah well :( hopefully he'll have a calmer run this time though.

William Levy reminds me quite a lot of a previous partner of Cheryl..Cristian I think his name was,could get her to the final not sure he's win though,bit too muscle bound?

Wow doesn't Martina look good all dolled up,one of the better tennis player dancers but still not great don't think she'll last long which is a shame as I'd like Tony to win too.

Katherine Jenkins,very good dancer all depends on fanbase there but I don't really like her:o and I have the same block on Mark that I know a lot of people have on Maks,I just don't like him,still fanbase coming through I think she'd be in the final

Jaleel is probably my favourite male celeb based on dancing,Kym stands a very good chance again and I couldn't be happier as I adore Kym.

Maria is a bit stiff perhaps not helped from going first but shes got Derek so is likely to go far,I felt she was a tadge overmarked but she may be better next dance once nerves have worn off

Gladys was amazing,really hope she goes far and not just because of Tristan;) She looked great in that dress and had a real talent,seems lovely too.

I thought Donald Driver was probably the poorest of the lot of them (obviously just my opinion)can see him being first to go. Gavin not great but has potential and hope he takes off the hat soon.

Roshon,a dancer already so should pick up the steps quickly although his street training did make some steps a bit too hard and aggressive.Has the Disney backing so will probably go a long way as well as being young and bouncy

Sherri annoys me sooooooo much already

Almost forgot Jack,he's with Anna who's amazing but I think he'll struggle with latin dances

Think we could see Mark,Cheryl and Kym battling for yet another win on the pros side but am hoping the middle runners of Chelsea,Tristan and Anna can do it instead (for variety if My favourite Maks can't :cry:)

well that was quite an essay..sorry! xx
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No its not being shown on any TV Channel in the UK

gutted!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to say thanks for the links everyone.
    Such a treat first thing on a tuesday morning:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving Gladys......what a fantastic lady.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow Martina looked amazing.....she is going to suffer from Hope Solo's problem I think....too athletic to be very graceful.

Tony....'Im not the bad boy or the bad boy's brother'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    William is going to have a lot of support :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adore Anna Trebunskaya we need a proper red head on SCD wish we could have her and dump Aliona.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I adore Anna Trebunskaya we need a proper red head on SCD wish we could have her and dump Aliona.

I'd be happy with that:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allisonbm2 wrote: »
    Sherri annoys me sooooooo much already

Sorry to cut your excellent post. I just said up thread, no major irritants so far...... I'd clearly erased Sherri from my mind! :D :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the betting we get a week two 10 after such high score this week?
    Forum Member
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/20/katherine-jenkins-dancing-with-the-stars_n_1366251.html

I enjoyed the slideshow, can see some of the outfits in more detail.
    Forum Member
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My opinions:

Maria and Derek: She's very pretty! Partnership wise, I think these two may annoy me. :p Dancing-wise, it was pretty typical of a "first dance". The judges were right, it didn't have any of the sexy attitude that the Cha Cha requires. Slightly wobbly, slightly awkward but there's potential there. She handled a fairly simple routine adequately and it wasn't a bad start at all. Not sure on these two as a whole but maybe that's my dislike for Derek clouding my opinion.

Jack and Anna: He seems like a nice man, I liked the card and flowers touch. Very cute routine choreographed by Anna for him and again he handled it relatively well. A little underwhelming maybe but he had the basics covered. His posture wasn't bad and I like the parts where he wasn't in hold. He needs to work a little on his footwork, he needs a bit more flow and less "skippyness". He captured the spirit of the routine well though and he definitely has personality.

Donald and Peta: Peta looks loads like Lacey when she's dancing! Anyway, really like the look of this partnership. I wasn't a fan of the song choice or the dancing. I thought Donald looked uncomfortable and a little too frantic at parts. He kept losing timing and messed up a few steps. However, I LOVED his charisma and confidence on the floor and how much he seemed to enjoy himself! He could definitely be moulded into a dancer if he can hold some energy back a bit.There's potential there for sure.

Gavin and Karina: Aww they're both such cute people! His little crush is cute ;) On to the routine, I'm not sure about this song for a Foxtrot. It didn't seem to quite "fit" and it took away from my enjoyment. He has a lot of work to do. He has a very cute smile though!! There were some pretty moments in there and again, this is another on with potential. Everyone is starting off so well this season!

Roshon and Chelsie: I like his style! I was really looking forward to these two, I think they fit together so well! He has such charm when he dances and while the routine was a little messy, it was SO entertaining. LOVED this dance. I really like him!! And glad to see Chelsie back. Also the outfits were really nice! My favourite dance so far.

Sherri and Valentin: Her reaction to getting Val as her partner :D:D:D He went so red faced!! She has bundles of personality, I love it! I wonder if it will get on Val's nerves after a while though, he has a pretty short fuse from what I've seen. Anyway, the dance was good! I liked the song choice and the flow was really smooth. Nice footwork and good chemistry between the two as well! Not bad for someone that doesn't think they're elegant.

Melissa and Maks: I feel like there are some fights to come between these two but I like the banter they have together, it's cute! She seems sweet. The routine itself seemed a little too fast for her at times but she gave it a great go! You could she was having the time of her life and that's important. Great entertainment wise, a lot of polishing needed. I hope she isn't first out but so far I'm feeling like she will be.

William and Cheryl: I like his accent. :D They make a HOT pairing. The dancing was pretty good but oh my GOD, the singing was terrible! My poor ears :( I think William is safe for like 6 weeks no matter how he dances or whether he improves or not, based on the reaction of the crowd when his name was mentioned :p It'll be funny to hear Bruno's comments on him each week!

Martina and Tony: Oh how I love Tony <3<3<3 Martina's dance wasn't terrible by any stretch of the imagination. This is just such a high standard for a first show and expectations are higher so she has a lot of improving to do to progress. She also looked quite uncomfortable. I'd love to see her get better, I like her! And Tony. I like Tony too. :D<3<3

Katharine and Mark: Mark is my favourite male pro and I always love his Foxtrots and this is no exception! Wow, it was so pretty and they seem to be a lovely partnership. Katharine is so sweet, I love her! I really want to see these two do well. Her dancing is very clean and precise and easy to watch. Slightly worried that Latin will be a downfall for her but we'll see. Fab start!

Gladys and Tristan: Oh God, Tristan is the hottest of them all!! I hadn't really watched last season that much so he's still pretty new to me. Wow :D And Gladys is such a legend, I really like her. Such a nice partnership. The dancing wasn't bad either, looking forward to seeing their ballroom.

Jaleel and Kym: I like the look of this partnership! Kym seems to be rather fond of Jaleel already and he seems like a nice guy. Dance-wise, I thought the routine was pretty good for a first dance and Jaleel definitely has talent. Posture wasn't the best but he has charisma for sure! Looking forward to seeing some progression here.

Overall a great standard. A really promising start to the series.