Lessons at school which seemed to last the longest because they were so boring

Comments

• StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can remember being given a page of latin to translate at the age of 9.

It was from Ecce Romani.

Bloody hell I remember that book. I'm going to have to put Latin in the list now.
  • NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it was science, maths & history lessons. They seemed to go on foreeeeeeeeever & I loathed every long minute.

Strangely I then went on to work for a bookmakers for a while & history is my love.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Music, as well. The teachers were abysmal. One of them thought he was Benny out of ABBA, forced us to sing Super Trouper, and used to shout his head off at anyone who dared to tap their glockenspiel when he was talking. The other one looked like a dwarf out of Middle Earth with a huge afro., was only interested in the school orchestra, and got us to write lists of pop acts while he sat there with and listened to music through a pair of ridiculously large headphones.
  • heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Religious Studies. I did actually fall asleep a few times in class, it was that mind-numbingly boring to me. :o
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    I knew people would say History, I loved this subject but that had a lot to do with my teacher he was very passionate about his subject and he made the lessons very enjoyable. I really loved History, and still do. I didn't like RE much....not sure what they call it these days.
  • glazedhoneycakeglazedhoneycake Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    I knew people would say History, I loved this subject but that had a lot to do with my teacher he was very passionate about his subject and he made the lessons very enjoyable. I really loved History, and still do. I didn't like RE much....not sure what they call it these days.
    I think they still call it RE! ;)
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    I think they still call it RE! ;)

No my daughter didn't have RE at her school, it was called something else, it was combined with another subject.
    Forum Member
    No my daughter didn't have RE at her school, it was called something else, it was combined with another subject.
    Which subject was it combined with?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I loved school, but disliked maths the most. History was the best
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I always absolutely loathed maths and RE, but the most boring lesson was geography.

Nothing to do with the subject itself, but the teacher, a chap by the name of Mr. Burden, was THE most boring dullard of a man I have ever encountered.

How no one committed suicide during his lessons I will never know!
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you was at school, which lessons seemed to last the longest for you because of how boring you found them? I found Maths and Physical Education to be the lessons that seemed to last the longest for me, because I found them so boring! :yawn:

It was Religious Studies and History for me, :yawn::yawn::yawn:
    So boring and so unimportant, its not like I wanna be God when I'm older!
    Oh and Geography, we have TOMTOMS NOW, AND COMMON SENSE
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Double Science first thing on a Thursday morning...just horrible.
  • Dawn SunDawn Sun Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double Maths. Double Physics. I only chose Physics as an option because the only other thing left on the list was Typing. Wasn't at all cut out for it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Maths, Science and PE for me, Maths and Science because I am just so bad at them and struggled to understand it and then PE is just because I was lazy and hated all forms of competitive sport!
    Forum Member
    Maths, Science and PE for me, Maths and Science because I am just so bad at them and struggled to understand it and then PE is just because I was lazy and hated all forms of competitive sport!
    I hated, (and still do hate) most forms of competitive sport! :(
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maths!
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Maths!
    I always used to especially dread the Maths homework! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always used to especially dread the Maths homework! :(

Just typing the word and I break out in a cold sweat.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member

I hated RE, it was the one lesson I regularly got a 'D' scribbled in my book when it was marked. I never cared for the subject whatsoever, the teacher couldn't control the class and spent more time arguing with people when they challenged her views. I was so glad to be rid of that subject!

When my brother started secondary school, it had changed to 'EPS' but I can't remember what it stands for.

Other than that PE always dragged, as I wasn't really sporty.
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Just typing the word and I break out in a cold sweat.:cry:
    Up until about a year ago, I used to have dreams of being stuck in a Maths class and trying to escape by jumping out of the window! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up until about a year ago, I used to have dreams of being stuck in a Maths class and trying to escape by jumping out of the window! :o

That was my Sunday night dream before double maths Monday morning:)
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mathematics. It was a two hour lesson, but felt twice that!
  • LiamforkingLiamforking Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geography, debate closed.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Oh maths, without a doubt. I wasn't arsed about RE or chemistry and hated PE with a passion, but double maths was torture. We had double maths twice a week and I could've cried those mornings.

I liked English and loved Geography and History.
  • ReddybookReddybook Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Maths, especially Algebra. Couldn't understand any of it. And suprisngly needlework. That was because of a really horrid teacher who was more interested in bullying the girls in our class, including me, more than the subject. Which was such a shame really, because I would have liked to have more interest in that subject, but she shattered my confidence, entirely.
    The bottom line is, that the teachers really have to appreciate therir subject and make it more interesting to schools.