Doctor Who 2013 Cinematic Intro Sequence

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
Forum Member
Some folk will remember my sequence last year.

Here's the 2013 update.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/8PKomuwyJVE

Comments

• davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Too good to be true!!! MOFFAT IMPLIMENT THIS TITLE SEQUENCE IMMEDIATELY!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that's rather good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    1000+ views in half a day. My gosh.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good God, that was fantastic. By far the best fan-made opening sequence I've ever seen- probably because they took the new one which in itself is brilliant and somehow made it better.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xandercom wrote: »
    1000+ views in half a day. My gosh.

Yes, good work that man!

For comparison, most of us get maybe five views a month.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's amazing! Just out of curiosity, what program(s) did you use to create it?
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    Damn good! :)

I've dabbled in title sequences myself (nothing anywhere near as elaborate as that) and appreciate the effort and hours of work that must have gone into making yours.

I like the old title text logo, but if this were the real new title sequence I imagine the title text would use some form of the current logo (or a brand new one) rather than an earlier one.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    That was rather lovely! Well done.
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes that has been well cut. well done to the person who did it. We are seeing a lot appear like this now

It has to be said though that some of the ideas are taken from the new intro we had at christmas
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    Yes, good work that man!

For comparison, most of us get maybe five views a month.

Just surpassed 6000 views. I posted it at just gone midnight Friday morning.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    I am a huge fan of the new sequence but omg your one is astounding. Top marks to you. Have you thought of sending it in?
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see you do something totally original with the titles. You obviously have the technical ability, but like your 2012 title sequence this borrows heavily from the official titles. It's like listening to a great guitarist playing other people's songs. Do a Jimmy Page and break away from that, it would be very interesting!
    Forum Member
    garbage456 wrote: »
    I am a huge fan of the new sequence but omg your one is astounding. Top marks to you. Have you thought of sending it in?

I've left it up to others to pass around the internet. If it makes it all the way to the bbc on it's own merits then I'd be a very happy man!

13,000 views in 5 days, and counting :-)
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see you do something totally original with the titles. You obviously have the technical ability, but like your 2012 title sequence this borrows heavily from the official titles. It's like listening to a great guitarist playing other people's songs. Do a Jimmy Page and break away from that, it would be very interesting!

It's on my agenda ;-)
    I wonder if the lower production values on the xmas 2012 title sequence are possibly due to maybe getting a new sequence for every show? Who knows.. I'm going to wait and see before I make my next move :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's amazing! Just out of curiosity, what program(s) did you use to create it?

It looks like the program he used was Doctor Who. :p

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some folk will remember my sequence last year.

Here's the 2013 update.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/8PKomuwyJVE

Really great stuff! Well done!

Can I ask what previous title sequences you have homaged there? I can spot a few here and there (Tennant, Davison/Baker)...
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    What a beautiful intro! I enjoyed it. Thank you for making it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lii wrote: »
    It looks like the program he used was Doctor Who. :p

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Hah, should have seen that one coming! ;)
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,618
    Forum Member
    That's a really great into. I liked the new christmas sequence and you have used that as inspiration for your own. Your tardis doors sequence works so much better. The bbc should take note. The tardis looks much better as it opens duno how that is? Send it in! I love the retro logo and what you did to it to update it to 2013. Like the glassy see through look as it fades out into space. Just a lovely sequence and I think the bbc should use your version
    I have one small criticism I dont like the font you have used to create matt smith and jenna louise names in
    The font is different to the bbc one and its weaker perhaps too big. But I just think it doesn't work as well and looks more fan made for some reason.think its the shine on the letters. A bit eighties ninties looking. But top marks for a great sequence. Excellent work and the tardis just how the beeb should have produced it. I love this title sequence.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    GDK wrote: »
    Damn good! :)

I've dabbled in title sequences myself (nothing anywhere near as elaborate as that) and appreciate the effort and hours of work that must have gone into making yours.

I like the old title text logo, but if this were the real new title sequence I imagine the title text would use some form of the current logo (or a brand new one) rather than an earlier one.
    Don't forget, the logo is used for a Couch Gag now, so it would be easy to change at any time. When Matt leaves, they could actually keep the same opening sequence but change the logo. The 1970 logo was also used for the 1996 TV movie and is the franchise's official logo (which was modified recently, replacing the blue metallic finish of the TVM with a white vortex similar to the 1963-1973 title sequences). The 2005 and 2010 logos are only used on material linked to those specific eras.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Same message as I've posted on the Youtube comments, but that was fantastic! The only thing I wasn't keen on was the old-style 'Doctor Who' titlecard, but otherwise brilliant! Excellent work.
    Forum Member
    Just about to pass 60,000 views.

Someone on Who production is bound to have seen it by now right?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just about to pass 60,000 views.

Someone on Who production is bound to have seen it by now right?

Hi there! I had some questions for you, which I mentioned earlier in the thread... Brilliant work!
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah. In fact I am sure as we speak Moffat is firing anyone involved in the new title sequence, demanding all evidence and existing copies of it be scratched and replacing it with a fan video off youtube. Yep. That is actually happening.

But in seriousness. Brilliant work. Not quite up to the real thing but damn close for a fan made piece. Usually you expect to see amateurish horror but you're clearly a pro. So well done.
  • YorkshireKatYorkshireKat Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xandercom your version of the title sequence SHOULD be the one we see on television it's fantasic I personaly think it is a lot better than the version done by what I imagine is a well paid team of people. I'd like to see what you could do with the budget they get and a team behind you. Moffat give him the job! :D