Options

Susanna Reid "offered £1m to join itv"

Comments

• Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if she threw herself at her dance partner.

Figuratively and literally.

Pamela Stephenson on Graham Norton show when she was on Strictly was saying how easy it is for "non dancers" to get confused by the "closeness" of the dance moves.

Obviously the pro's are used to grinding their crotches into complete strangers
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun's version of events today is that the announcement of her move to ITV was going to be made yesterday but they had to ditch it because of the confirmation of her separation and it's all off now until next week.Not an auspicious start for the new programme.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    The Sun's version of events today is that the announcement of her move to ITV was going to be made yesterday but they had to ditch it because of the confirmation of her separation and it's all off now until next week.Not an auspicious start for the new programme.
    It's not that The Sun got it wrong of course. ;)
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky News Sunrise discussing Susanna Reid's split in paper review, slightly strange for them to want to discuss their rival channel's presenter's personal life.

I think they could have skipped over the story Susanna's split is not anyone's business but her own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    It's not that The Sun got it wrong of course. ;)

The Sun actually lifted the story of her split from the ,Mail yesterday and only ran it in later editions.Their report that the new programme would begin ''next Monday'' was somewhat ambiguous as some on here have interpreted that as being Monday March 10 (not sure why as ''next Monday'' would clearly be the Monday after this weekend.I suppose that's The Sun's explanation for getting it wrong)
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun actually lifted the story of her split from the ,Mail yesterday and only ran it in later editions.Their report that the new programme would begin ''next Monday'' was somewhat ambiguous as some on here have interpreted that as being Monday March 10 (not sure why as ''next Monday'' would clearly be the Monday after this weekend.I suppose that's The Sun's explanation for getting it wrong)

Someone on another forum (many on here will know the one I mean) is giving a start date for the new format of 28 April.

That seems far more likely. Time for SR to leave the BBC, and a couple of weeks rehearsal.

The person saying 28th April appears to be in a position to know (judging by the respectful thanks of other posters) If they want to give out privileged information it's up to them., but ofcourse anyone can read it.

So- looks like 28th April. Let's see how good that insiders info turns out to be.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found that thread - well the poster's April 28th certainly makes the Sun/Mail.Mirror (or whatever) claim of "next Monday" look very stupid indeed.
  • Options
    extraextraextraextra Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Today's Sun newspaper reports her partner has spoilt her chance of itv breakfast, I think if anything it would encourage her as she won't have to trek to Salford.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mirror lifting stories from The Sun now. Interesting that in the whole of this there has not been one attributable, on the record, comment from anyone, all ''insiders'' and ''sources.''

However inaccurate the stories often are, it doesn't stop people picking up the stories and running with them on here, if they happen to suit their agenda does it?

You'd never do that obviously :D
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    extraextra wrote: »
    Today's Sun newspaper reports her partner has spoilt her chance of itv breakfast, I think if anything it would encourage her as she won't have to trek to Salford.

Indeed. Surely she would need to be around her kids more than ever? Which would be hard if she was on the other side of the country.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes indeed, if I say 'next Monday' I would be meaning Monday 10th. If I was referring to Monday 3rd I would say 'this Monday'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes indeed, if I say 'next Monday' I would be meaning Monday 10th. If I was referring to Monday 3rd I would say 'this Monday'.

If it was March 10 I would say Monday week. The Sun is now saying the new programme starts at the end of April.......
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    If it was March 10 I would say Monday week. The Sun is now saying the new programme starts at the end of April.......

Are they getting their news from public forums? :)
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    Someone on another forum (many on here will know the one I mean) is giving a start date for the new format of 28 April.

That seems far more likely. Time for SR to leave the BBC, and a couple of weeks rehearsal.

The person saying 28th April appears to be in a position to know (judging by the respectful thanks of other posters) If they want to give out privileged information it's up to them., but ofcourse anyone can read it.

So- looks like 28th April. Let's see how good that insiders info turns out to be.

Amazing - a tabloid hack who has no idea how television actually works??

In any job you have to get used to the new way the company works and get set up to use the IT etc

For her to even start on the 10th, means she would have to have "Health and safety training", plus full IT setup (e-mails/ program access sorted etc)
    When does that ever work properly for a new employee?

I started one job where my e-mail did not work - I was told to contact the IT helpdesk - but they would only help if I sent them an e-mail about the problem, which I couldn't as my e-mail did not work......

Can you imagine a presenter saying "I'm sorry I cannot read the next item, as I am not authorised to access that program yet"??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    extraextra wrote: »

The Sun actually says it ruined ITV's planned announcement of her switching sides, not that it has scuppered the deal. The announcement planned for Friday was delayed as a result of this frenzy - the story became Susanna and not the new Breakfast programme. Announcement delayed... but still gonna happen ... according to The Sun.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not fair, the program can survive a delayed press launch by a couple of days, or a week, 99.5% of viewers, wont know that much about it, until ITV promote it., with the generic Coming Soon tag.
  • Options
    Musicman103Musicman103 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you like to trek to Salford for 250k or stay 'home' and earn a million.

Oo, erm, let me sit down and thin about this....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    not fair, the program can survive a delayed press launch by a couple of days, or a week, 99.5% of viewers, wont know that much about it, until ITV promote it., with the generic Coming Soon tag.

99.5% of viewers don't watch ITV between 0600 and 0925 if you believe BARB.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    99.5% of viewers don't watch ITV between 0600 and 0925 if you believe BARB.
    I meant 99.5% of ITV viewers ;)
  • Options
    television2004television2004 Posts: 2,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking about all the money she may have been claiming on relocating to Salford from the BBC. I would be amazed if she has appeared on BBC Breakfast more than 10 times since the start of the year.
    Do these news readers not have contracts? Do they just walk out and go somewhere else without any notice? Do they not have something written into the contract like they cannot work on a rival show/programme for say 6 months? Was this not the case with N Kaplinski when she moved to C5? Was there not a 3 month gap between AG/CB moving from the One Show to Daybreak and this was not a rival programme on at the same time?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Some people seem to be obsessed with accusing everyone on TV with just reading the autocue, presumably arriving in the studio as the opening credits run. I am surprised they don't accuse them of miming as well. :)

The same people who accuse teachers of having an easy life because they finish at 3.30pm, oh and just walk into a classroom and improvise.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Susanna Reid is a very nice person but she is a very ordinary presenter, it's bizarre that she has been picked up by ITV.

I could understand it if it were Sian Williams, she has a definite air of "lead anchor" about her.

Sian WIlliams and a toy-boy co-presenter would have been interesting.

What ITV seem to be going for is bland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem with ITV is two-fold, the presenters AND the format.

Since Eammon and Fiona they have had a long list of lightweight presenters who ooze blandness. The sort you may see presenting Countryfile. Chiles, Bleakely, Aled Jones are utterly ordinary.

People also want some 'quick' and relevant updates in the morning, what's the weather doing, how are the roads, anything major happened overnight?

All ITV gives you is the latest in Corrie, TOWIE, the latest song by One Direction or some other mind numbing dross.

Also, being a commercial enterprise puts ITV at a loss as people do not want to sit through ads, when they're already pushed for time at that time of day.

GMTV was reasonable, back in the day but it was more balanced and the competition was stuffy, behind the desk formal news on the BBC. I think the Beeb have done what Labour did to the Tories in 1997; moved to the centre ground, leaving them nowhere to go

ITV should call it quits and show cartoons or something.
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,702
    Forum Member

A million ....... and end of her career.

She will be desperate for a gig on Big Brother when the next ITV useless Breakfast revamp show bombs yet again.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or would you like to travel to Salford and work for what seems to be a well respected programme with good audience figures for an organisation that you have worked with for years and know well.

Or move to a programme that has low audience figures and is a bit of joke. You might 'save' it and be the hero but more likely it will continue with low figures and if the figures drop you will be blamed.