Options

Legoland Windsor to tempoarily shut over threats about Muslim private event

Comments

• Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Is it an extremist rally or were they just going there for the rides? You have some evidence besides conjecture naturally?

Given what's now been exposed what do you reckon?
  • Options
    skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it an extremist rally or were they just going there for the rides? You have some evidence besides conjecture naturally?

What does it matter?

The issue is that Legoland were willing to do business with his organisation in the first place. I suspect they weren't fully aware of the true nature of him or his group when they originally took the booking.

Before you mount your apologists high horse, take note that moderate Islamic groups were outraged at Legoland's decision to accept the booking.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Looking at this organisation, and it's leader, do you really think a family fun day is the reason?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    New in at the Legoland gift shop

http://kamiza.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/lego1.jpg
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Looking at this organisation, and it's leader, do you really think a family fun day is the reason?

So it's defiantly an extremist rally.. that's not just conjecture... you do have proof right?
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The initial report was almost criminal in it's failure to identify the group booking the venue in the first place.
    A group that has been compared to the BNP by fellow Muslims.

That people fell for the report with it's emphasis on a few morons spamming the internet is worrying.
    As well as the complete failure to pick up that Legoland was using those idiots as an excuse.

Very, very biased reporting from the BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    What does it matter?

It matters because you are alleging that some sort of criminal activity or at the very least an extremist rally is going to happen... when it could simply be a day out at Legoland. If you have something to back your claims up then do reveal it... but it just looks like speculation to me.

If the guy is evil at everything he does why hasn't he been arrested. Is he evil at buying bread? Does he pull an extremist rally when he goes to the movies? Does he plot a Jihadist revolution whenever he lets his cat out at night? Come on... lets see the blueprints and speech he's going to make when he's on the Thunder Blazer?

You are alleging a plot to conduct criminal activity... where is the evidence?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The initial report was almost criminal in it's failure to identify the group booking the venue in the first place.

That people fell for the report with it's emphasis on a few morons spamming the internet is worrying.
    As well as the complete failure to pick up that Legoland was using those idiots as an excuse.

Is this group going to do anything criminal and are you saying the BNP are extremists who can;t help but be extremists at theme parks? The latter I;d like to know most of all, since you're happy to run with the comparison ^_^
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^To be fair I wouldn't allow either group to hold a "event day" in a theme park. I think the main point is that LL seemed to have booked this event without knowing anything about the organisers. And it's been asked would they allow the BNP to hire their park for the day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are alleging a plot to conduct criminal activity... where is the evidence?

Am I?

The man is the leader of a fanatical hate group with links to terrorism, is this not reason enough for Legoland to refuse his business?

As I've already pointed out, he is one of 25 clerics being scrutinised by the Home Office for spreading extremist hatred at universities and mosques, and government sources suggest he could be one of the first clerics to be subjected to proposed Terror and Extremist Behaviour Orders (TEBOs), dubbed Terrorist ASBOs. His group praises Osama bin Laden, claims Jews are evolved from pigs, believes in complete segregation of women, and are banned from universities across the UK for spreading hate and intolerance.

Legoland would not accept a booking from the EDL or BNP, so why are you defending this guy? Moderate Muslim groups had spoken out against Legoland's decision to do business with him.

At no point did I say that illegal activity was going to happen during their gathering.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^What he said, I agree, it's seemed LL tried to go all PC on us and it's backfired.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It matters because you are alleging that some sort of criminal activity or at the very least an extremist rally is going to happen... when it could simply be a day out at Legoland. If you have something to back your claims up then do reveal it...

It's not just a 'day out' at Legoland
    It's what's called the 'Family Retreat' , somewhere to get away from the wrongs of life here by the looks of it.

'We just need to look around to see the consequences of a broken society entrenched in materialism and thousands of distractions. How can we save our families and our society from this?

Well, The Muslim Research and Development Foundation has had a dream where 1000s of Muslims could one day come together and for a few days of the year live together, uninhibited, to rejuvenate their souls, build their brotherhood and draw incredible strength from one another, so that they could return revitalised and reinvigorated and ready to take on their lives. Last year, for the first time, we lived that dream and so the Family Retreat was born…'

http://www.mrdf.co.uk/our-projects/family-retreat/

• Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Just been reading up on this Haitham al-Haddad chap and his fanatical group.

Some of the apologists on here should take note that even other Muslims have been outraged over his attempt to book the facilities at Legoland.

Dr Taj Hargey, an imam chairman of the Muslim Educational Centre of Oxford said the following:

“I would ask Legoland that if they are happy to let his group hire the park, then would they be happy to let the BNP and other extremist far-right groups hold their family fun day there?

“Both groups spread hatred and intolerance.”

The idea that it was going to be a "family fun day" is completely nonsensical.
    I don't why else they'd bother to book Legoland if it wasn't for a "fun day"!
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The article I posted upthread was from the Telegraph, and there's also one from the Metro.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I?

The man is the leader of a fanatical hate group with links to terrorism, is this not reason enough for Legoland to refuse his business?

As I've already pointed out, he is one of 25 clerics being scrutinised by the Home Office for spreading extremist hatred at universities and mosques, and government sources suggest he could be one of the first clerics to be subjected to proposed Terror and Extremist Behaviour Orders (TEBOs), dubbed Terrorist ASBOs. His group praises Osama bin Laden, claims Jews are evolved from pigs, believes in complete segregation of women, and are banned from universities across the UK for spreading hate and intolerance.
    Legoland would not accept a booking from the EDL or BNP, so why are you defending this guy? Moderate Muslim groups had spoken out against Legoland's decision to do business with him.

At no point did I say that illegal activity was going to happen during their gathering.

I've dropped the text into google and it only brings up one article in the Daily Star, which has been quoted elsewhere.

Do you have any other sources for the Home Office scrutiny part?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    I don't why else they'd bother to book Legoland if it wasn't for a "fun day"!

If there was a prize for missing the point, you would win it hands down.

The issue is not if they were going to have fun, the issue is with Legoland doing business with a group such as his.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It doesn't seem reasonable that reading this article means one 'fell' for anything. Clearly reading further into it helps, but I don't think there's "Internet laws" making such a step mandatory. Neither do I feel it was wilfully read to make it about 'poor Muslims' as you suggested earlier given I didn't refer to Islam or 'poor Muslims' in the opening post to the thread.

A factor at play here clearly is the extension of facts to portray a possible situation as a fact. I don't think any of us know for a fact what would have happened on the day, and I don't think that conjecture has a hierarchy of who is more right than the others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If there was a prize for missing the point, you would win it hands down.

The issue is not if they were going to have fun, the issue is with Legoland doing business with a group such as his.
    Well, that's one of the issues we're discussing here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's not just a 'day out' at Legoland

So are they going on the rides or not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Well, that's one of the issues we're discussing here.

And where do you stand on that issue. You're giving the impression you are perfectly happy with his group doing business with Legoland, despite the fact fellow Muslims have spoken out against it.

Dr Taj Hargey, an imam chairman of the Muslim Educational Centre of Oxford:
    “I would ask Legoland that if they are happy to let his group hire the park, then would they be happy to let the BNP and other extremist far-right groups hold their family fun day there? Both groups spread hatred and intolerance.”

Usama Hasan from the Quilliam Foundation:
    “Like all extreme Islamists, he uses fascist *language about non-Muslims”

I've never understood why some posters on here bend over backwards to defend such intolerance and hatred.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Knuckle dragging neanderthals stopping children from enjoying a nice day out because they can't be bothered to grow past their ignorance.

what he said.
  • Options
    GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So are they going on the rides or not?
    'Rubber dinghy rapids, bro.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And where do you stand on that issue. You're giving the impression you are perfectly happy with his group doing business with Legoland, despite the fact fellow Muslims have spoken out against it.

Dr Taj Hargey, an imam chairman of the Muslim Educational Centre of Oxford:
    “I would ask Legoland that if they are happy to let his group hire the park, then would they be happy to let the BNP and other extremist far-right groups hold their family fun day there? Both groups spread hatred and intolerance.”

Usama Hasan from the Quilliam Foundation:
    “Like all extreme Islamists, he uses fascist *language about non-Muslims”

I've never understood why some posters on here bend over backwards to defend such intolerance and hatred.

Are they going to ride the roller coasters?
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Sharia-Land Theme Park would be a hoot, I wonder why nobody has hit on the idea.
    Someone maybe has, but a suicide bomber went and wrecked the place... :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not "perfectly happy" about it, but I can understand why they would take the booking if they were unaware of the people behind it.
    Well, I'm certainly not defending any intolerance or hatred.