The Bruno Mars Appreciation Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just thought I start a Appreciation Thread for the gorgeous and talented Mr Bruno Mars....So y'all can post all things related to Bruno Mars here :) and talk to other fans too....

I was surprised he to learn he is one third of the production team The Smeezingtons and has co-wrote for Brandy, K'naan's song Waving Flag, even more surprised about the Flo-Rida track Right Round, Justin Bieber, Sean Kingston, Sugababes (didn't realise he sung the hey bit in the beginning of Get Sexy!), B.O.B. and so on....

bought his new EP - It's Better You Don't Understand yesterday off itunes, it's a shame there's 3 tracks when there is supposed to be 4....but I love his EP though! the songs are fantastic and his silky smooth vocals were on point, he can hold a note alright!....Look forward to his debut CD!

If you love Jason Mraz's stuff, already a fan or love the collaborations he's done with B.O.B./Travie McCoy then you'll probably love this EP!

Have any of you heard his new EP?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was waiting for this thread :)

Big fan of Bruno Mars, one of the few talents who can play multi instruments (keyboard/guitar/drums) and sing (in tune) at the same time. His voice is very soulful, and beautiful.

Love the EP, but I prefer other songs :).

Going to see him support Travie McCoy when they come to the UK this October.

Who Is
    Talking To The Moon
    Again
    - just some songs to check out if you haven't heard him :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking To The Moon is a top tune. Reminds me of Xmas for some reason
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    I lovelove Bruno Mars :D:D..
  • timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;43604538']I lovelove Bruno Mars :D:D..

He's good

Seriously mars should sign him up for their chocolate adverts
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has a great voice, and he's just impossibly cool
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Fantastic soulful voice. Just hope he doesn't do a Mr Hudson and become famous for guesting with other artists; he has a fine solo career ahead of him, imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoeDent wrote: »
    Fantastic soulful voice. Just hope he doesn't do a Mr Hudson and become famous for guesting with other artists; he has a fine solo career ahead of him, imo.

He's just featured on Cee Lo's new song "F*** You", but should be steaming ahead with his solo career as he has a new album "Doo Wops & Hooligans" coming out :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Talking To The Moon :):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Talking To The Moon too! :) and I really like The Other Side with Cee-Lo and B.O.B.!!....Count On Me sounds like Matthew Morrison's (Glee) version to Somewhere Over The Rainbow, anyone else think that too?....I love the lyrics to Just The Way You Are! his voice is total swoonage lol!...xx
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has to be my fave male solo singer! I absolutely love Talking to the moon and Just the way you are!! Does anyone know when JTWYA comes out here in the UK? I also love

All she knows
    Count on me
    Who Is(another favourite of mine)
    Somewhere in brooklyn :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snowyface wrote: »
    Does anyone know when JTWYA comes out here in the UK?

JTWYA will be released 4th October over here and the album some point in January! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk <---- Official video to JTWYA is here!!

enjoy!!

xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't realise JTWYA would be released so soon!! :) I guess they pushed forward cos the cover version was rather popular and in the top 20 werent it?! Count On Me has really grown on me, the song is lovely ode to friendship that we can all connect to :) The Other Side is my favourite too along with this....

It's #1 now on itunes! Let's get Bruno Mars to #1 this week!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruno Mars new video to his 2nd single Grenade has officially premiered on his youtube channel, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6rHhc8GC8A

Thoughts??

xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Love it. Big Fan.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    With all the hype and success surrounding him, you'd think his album could of done a lot better
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His album hasn't beeen released over here yet.

I love Grenade and Liquor Store Blues.
  • timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lost-boy wrote: »
    His album hasn't beeen released over here yet.

I love Grenade and Liquor Store Blues.

he is set to release it on "January 24, 2011", which is great. "Grenade" will go to #1 in the charts and his album will get more attention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I couldn't find it on Play.com
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    timperry26 wrote: »
    His album was released in the UK, however it ONLY charted #79 on the album charts.

But he is set to re-release it on "January 24, 2011", which is great. "Grenade" will go to #1 in the charts and his album will get more attention.

That was on import alone. Not released here to January.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon UK has the import for £31.99 :eek: I'd rather wait til January when it comes out over here!!....

I am really loving Marry You, Runaway Baby too despite its cheeky lyrics! :D;) lol

xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruno Mars has been nominated for seven Grammy Awards!!

2011 Record of the Year: "Nothin' on You" (with B.o.B)
    2011 Record of the Year: "F*ck You!" (Cee Lo Green)
    2011 Song of the Year: "F*ck You!" (with Cee Lo Green, Philip Lawrence)
    2011 Best Male Pop Vocal Performance: "Just the Way You Are"
    2011 Best Rap/Sung Collaboration: "Nothin' on You" (with B.o.B)
    2011 Best Rap Song: "Nothin' on You" (with Philip Lawrence, Ari Levine, Bobby Simmons, Jr.)
    2011 Producer of the Year, Non-Classical: (with The Smeezingtons)

Congrats to Bruno and his producing partners (The Smeezingtons) Philip and Ari! I hope he and the guys walk away with a handle of Grammys because their work on some of these records is fantastic especially for Cee-Lo's song and JTWYA...xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news for us Bruno Mars fans, his album release has been pushed forward a week early due to a huge demand will be available to buy next Monday 17th January! He has also announced dates for a mini UK tour:

Album Launch Show:

24/01/11 - Café De Paris, London

Doo-Wop Tour:

10th March 2011 – Manchester Club Academy

11th March 2011 – Glasgow Oran Mor

15th March 2011 – Birmingham Institute Library

All tickets go on pre-sale tomorrow from the official store here, Wed 12th Jan at 9am GMT – EXCLUSIVELY to fans. Make sure you get them before general release this Friday 14th!

I really hope he adds more dates to his tour and I can't wait to get the CD next week!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's incredible. I love Grenade
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought his album yesterday, it's amazing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My preordered album still hasn't arrived:(