Options

Angry with ASDA tonight, Whoops Yellow Label Problems

Hello there,

We all like our Bargains. Especially me and my mum do, She shop at our ASDA store every day of the week at night times. We have got friendly with this guy who's elderly and we help him out if we see any whoops labeled food, He does the same for us. But tonight they'd only got one Whoops Label on there Bread and Cakes now normally it's three in total as the final reduction so there was loads of bread, cakes left on two trollies and they didn't get knocked down again so all of that was thrown out in there rubbish bins I bet.

What a disgrace - I've put my views to ASDA in an E-Mail

What does everyone else think ? Maybe you ought to complain to your local ASDA stores if they are doing the same

Happy New Year everyone

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Ring the Daily Mail. If you can pull a good sad face you might get in the paper.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    What is 'whoops labelled food'? :confused:
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

End of shelf life product reductions

:)
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does the 'whoops' label indicate? Does it mean something's wrong with the item or the price is lowered for some other reason??

Edit: just seen the post above my own,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Reduced price, normally items going out of date that day.

Edit. To late as usual:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    No it just means that they have to knock the food down as it needs to be eaten by the same or the next day.

Nothing wrong with it, Tonight I got two Pork Farms Pork Pies Medium Sized ones for 35p because they had got today's date on them cannot be bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP - what do you mean that you help him out when you see whoops labelled food? Why would you need to help with already-labelled food??

And why get upset if there's just two less foods than normal that isn't marked down? Am I missing something here?
  • Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1st world problems.
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    OP - what do you mean that you help him out when you see whoops labelled food? Why would you need to help with already-labelled food??

And why get upset if there's just two less foods than normal that isn't marked down? Am I missing something here?

I think he means that he helps the old man out by buying them for him.

The other thing is that they reduce at set times through the day say 2pm 4pm and 7pm

so 1.99 might go down to 1.50 then 1.00 then 50p.

I think he's saying that they had only reduced once but to be honest who knows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member

Food that's tripped over and fallen off the shelf.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he means that he helps the old man out by buying them for him.
    Aah right, I must admit, I read that part wrong, for some reason I thought the elderly guy the OP was referring to worked at the Asda store!
  • Options
    iannaiiannai Posts: 4,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Empirical wrote: »
    1st world problems.

Came to post this :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    No we met in ASDA sometime back now and he goes checking the dates on products and we follow him and then we share items out before going onto our normal shop and then get a very cheap bill at the checkout.

We normally try and spend under 10.00 pounds a night round our store
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    End of shelf life product reductions

:)
    woodbush wrote: »
    Reduced price, normally items going out of date that day.

Edit. To late as usual:)

Is it known by 'whoops label' in all stores or just Asda? :confused:
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised they didn't fob it off on some online customer, that's what Tesco just did with a couple of bread items - eat before the end of today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You registered in 2008 and this is what has prompted you to post. Not natural disasters, elections, uprisings, fallen dictators, riots, but whoops labels.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hinckley must be a wild place.
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    Food that's tripped over and fallen off the shelf.

Or fallen off the back of a lorry perhaps? :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it known by 'whoops label' in all stores or just Asda? :confused:

It called whoops in all stores. Mostly kept in a single section and all the reduced price labels are yellow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum's local Asda was giving loads of stuff away for free today. Was already reduced to 2p, obviously not shifting so they were just handing it to people in the end.
  • Options
    MadgeMadge Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Surprised they didn't fob it off on some online customer, that's what Tesco just did with a couple of bread items - eat before the end of today.

That's why I don't grocery shop online anymore. Tesco did this to me quite a few times.
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it in the Asda price promise to have at least 3 items in the "Whoops" section ?

Maybe they simply are getter better at stocking what sells and in the right amount
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP I work in Asda, and the stores are currently reducing items with use by dates for 5 Jan

This is being done as most store have excess stock, and must get rid of them, the more they get rid of, the more we get back, on waste
  • Options
    Dirty RoosterDirty Rooster Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it just means that they have to knock the food down as it needs to be eaten by the same or the next day.
    No. It needs to be sold that day.
    Eat it whenever you like! :)
  • Options
    robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello there,

We all like our Bargains. Especially me and my mum do, She shop at our ASDA store every day of the week at night times. We have got friendly with this guy who's elderly and we help him out if we see any whoops labeled food, He does the same for us. But tonight they'd only got one Whoops Label on there Bread and Cakes now normally it's three in total as the final reduction so there was loads of bread, cakes left on two trollies and they didn't get knocked down again so all of that was thrown out in there rubbish bins I bet.

What a disgrace - I've put my views to ASDA in an E-Mail

What does everyone else think ? Maybe you ought to complain to your local ASDA stores if they are doing the same

Happy New Year everyone

Did it occur to you that today is a bank holiday, which are hard to predict staffing levels for - especially bank holidays which we don't have every year (such as today).