Options

Scissor Sisters - Night Work

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
Forum Member
haven't heard this album for ages but Any Which Way popped up on my ipod this afternoon and I thought to myself, what a great track, I need to give that album another listen....but oh:( It wasn't quite as good as I remembered it to be, Invisible Light is still by far the best thing they've ever recorded though.

wonder when we'll see another album from them?

Comments

• Options
    RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost interest in them after the disappointing Ta-Dah. I loved their performance with Kylie at Glastonbury in 2010 - very cool. Their debut album is a really great pop album that I still listen to every now and again.
  • Options
    LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Night Work, or at least I love half of it. It's very hit and miss, but still a big improvement over Ta-Dah.

Night Work, Skin Tight, Whole New Way, Nightlife, Any Which Way, Invisible Light, Harder You Get and Sex & Violence are all classic SS tracks. The rest of the album, not so much.

Their new album is out in at some point this year, but the first single 'Shady Love' has been either shelved or pushed back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0T5-PDeJ7c
  • Options
    Forum Member
    there are some fine tracks on NW but songs such as Sex & Violence just didn't grab me quite like they did when I first heard them and it's not necessarily a case of them sounding dated, just a bit empty.
    Listened to Shady Love, hmmmm. Nope, I didn't like it...at all. Think I'm gonna give their début a whirl to remind myself how great they were, maybe they need to do the same.
  • Options
    PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, I feel Nightwork is their best work. There isn't a single song on the album I dislike. If their next album sounds similar, I'll be more than happy. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    does anyone know if their rejected 3rd album material ever saw the light of day?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    does anyone know if their rejected 3rd album material ever saw the light of day?

One song did, supposedly the song from the Shrek 4ever After soundtrack called 'Isn't It Strange' is from that album.

It was said somewhere that the album sounded very similar to Ta-Dah, and the band wanted to try something new. Which is why we got Night Work instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One song did, supposedly the song from the Shrek 4ever After soundtrack called 'Isn't It Strange' is from that album.

It was said somewhere that the album sounded very similar to Ta-Dah, and the band wanted to try something new. Which is why we got Night Work instead.

I guess they've never been afraid to try something new, though I kinda got the feeling there was a lot of pressure put on them to change their sound after the first album, in fact more so than most bands, with accusations of them being something of a 'novelty act'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I really liked Ta-Dah - great album
  • Options
    rybevrybev Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    I really liked Ta-Dah - great album

Me too - don't know why people knock it. Some great songs on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree there are some good songs on Ta-Dah... I Don't Feel Like Dancing, She's My Man, I Can't Decide, Kiss You Off, The Other Side and Everybody Wants The Same Thing are good, but I never got into the rest.

The only SS album where i've liked every single song is their debut... But Night Work is still my favourite, somehow :D