Options

Shows that never got a ending

James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
Forum Member
While thinking about the Programmes you remember - but no one else does! it got me thinking some shows I watched as a kid and they never got to end them even if that ending had been building up and was the whole point of the show.

Dungeons & Dragons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtEBHakEO0A

It was about these kids who were on a roller coater then transported to to another realm

For those that do remember it the final episode was never made but the script for it is here
http://www.reductioadrofl.com/ReavesSite/pdf/requiem_sec.pdf
Basically it is reviled that Venger was Dungeon Masters son who was good but was made to be evil by someone more powerful than Dungeon Master.

Plus it shows that Dungeon Master could have sent them home at any time but needed them to stay as they were the only ones who could make Venger good again

And Jayce And The Wheeled Warriors (I think they sort of based it on Star Wars)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCOU1k0EKks

It was about this kid who fights plant monsters in his super cars and the main villain had killed his father.

I did read that the end twist was going to be that his father was in fact the main villain

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Jane Adventures
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Survivors.

Last of the Summer Wine.
  • Options
    MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While thinking about the Programmes you remember - but no one else does! it got me thinking some shows I watched as a kid and they never got to end them even if that ending had been building up and was the whole point of the show.

Dungeons & Dragons
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtEBHakEO0A

It was about these kids who were on a roller coater then transported to to another realm

For those that do remember it the final episode was never made but the script for it is here
    http://www.reductioadrofl.com/ReavesSite/pdf/requiem_sec.pdf
    Basically it is reviled that Venger was Dungeon Masters son who was good but was made to be evil by someone more powerful than Dungeon Master.

Plus it shows that Dungeon Master could have sent them home at any time but needed them to stay as they were the only ones who could make Venger good again

And Jayce And The Wheeled Warriors (I think they sort of based it on Star Wars)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCOU1k0EKks

It was about this kid who fights plant monsters in his super cars and the main villain had killed his father.

I did read that the end twist was going to be that his father was in fact the main villain

Amazing!!! So pleased I finally know the end! Why was it never finished? It was incredibly popular!

The Old Guys. That never got finished because people were too stupid to realise how clever it was....
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Tripods
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnders
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched a Scifi series 'Surface' a few years ago (it is on Netflix), about a new species of sea creatures, it was dumped after one series with no endings.. so frustrating.

anyone see it
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVED Dungeons & Dragons !!!
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVED Dungeons & Dragons !!!

I hated that flipping unicorn :mad:
  • Options
    radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Royal
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freezing was largely overlooked and forgotten about, I think it was tucked away on BBC 3 or 4. Can you imagine that today with a core cast of Hugh Bonneville, Tom Hollander and Elizabeth McGovern?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1151072/
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    the time tunnel..they started on the titanic ..I think... and end up on the titanic in the last episode so looked like they were repeating their travels..I wanted to see them safe and well and back home
  • Options
    John259John259 Posts: 28,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Dr Who we never saw on television what happened to Ace, although I think something exists in the fanzine world.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Keeping Up Appearances didnt have a proper ending, but it ended quite abruptly as far as I can remember..
  • Options
    John259John259 Posts: 28,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Prisoner had an ending but I'm sure that even Partrick McGoohan understood it.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Show Outcast 2010 which I really liked but many others did not
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    I watched a Scifi series 'Surface' a few years ago (it is on Netflix), about a new species of sea creatures, it was dumped after one series with no endings.. so frustrating.

anyone see it

I started to watch it, but then it got cancelled so I stopped:D
    It was very slow (apprently trying to emulate Lost) which probably killed it.

Tripods - not sure why, but the BBC never filmed the third book - so it does have an ending - you'll just have to read it though:)
  • Options
    MJ_ShamoMJ_Shamo Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    My Name Is Earl ended Season 4 on a cliffhanger then got cancelled
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John259 wrote: »
    In Dr Who we never saw on television what happened to Ace, although I think something exists in the fanzine world.

She continued in the Virgin New Adventure books and actually had a fairly hectic time of things. She left him a couple of times and towards the end only appeared sporadically. Obviously she was gone for good (though not dead) with the introduction of the 8th Doctor.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John259 wrote: »
    cat666 wrote: »
    She continued in the Virgin New Adventure books and actually had a fairly hectic time of things. She left him a couple of times and towards the end only appeared sporadically. Obviously she was gone for good (though not dead) with the introduction of the 8th Doctor.

She was mentioned in Sarah Jane Adventures episode "The Death of the Doctor" as now running "A Charitable Earth".
  • Options
    super-saintsuper-saint Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was an ITV drama a few years back with Martin Kemp & Derek out of Eastenders ... seemed to end mid series if I remember rightly ??
  • Options
    excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Bad Girls' to an extent. It ended on the '06 Christmas special but it was common knowledge by then that it wouldn't be returning. One or two storylines were unfinished and a lot of series 8 itself was cut.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This wasn't one I watched as a kid, but earlier this year, my husband and I got really into a show called Endgame, about a Russian guy living in a hotel in Canada, and he helped the staff solve various crimes. Unfortunately, the first season ended on a cliffhanger, but the show didn't get renewed.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After Christmas Eve, Merlin. Well at least a satisfactory ending!!!
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    I hated that flipping unicorn :mad:

I couldn't stand any of the kids except Eric the Cavalier. He was far more realistic about the dangerous situations they were in
    Mrscee wrote: »
    the time tunnel..they started on the titanic ..
    I think... and end up on the titanic in the last episode so looked like they were repeating their travels..I wanted to see them safe and well and back home

The crew of the Spindrift in Land Of The Giants never got back to Earth