Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Imaani, Jessica and Jade

Oh!

I forgot Imaani
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D In concert during ESC week :D

She will cancel those concerts :p. Maybe one day she will represent us, like in 20 years :D
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    You Irish are so negative about the UK ;) hhaha

Not about the UK, BB as I've often televoted for British entries. I'd love to see them send a fresh young pop act.....I was not at all keen about either Blue or Engelbert,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Not about the UK, BB as I've often televoted for British entries. I'd love to see them send a fresh young pop act.....I was not at all keen about either Blue or Engelbert,

I was just joking after some of the Irish posters saying people were being negative about Ireland :p.

I agree though, I would love that. But still I would rather have an older person then a fresh young pop act like Josh again
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @leonalewismusic My exciting new project is just around the corner! I can't tell you about it just yet, but will share soon. :eek::eek: :p

Surely not, I mean I know she hasn't had much on lately, but surely not!
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I'd be very wary if it was her to be honest. It's 30 years since she had a hit single in the UK.....it could easily all go pear shaped in Malmo.

In the great scheme of things, the number of years since your last hit single is irrelevant (says Katrina!)

Sure it would be nice to have a bright young thing, but has beens are alright with me too (cos I am one? :eek: ;) )

It's going to rely on the song, Jessica, Imaani and Jade hadn't had previous hit singles, and it worked out just fine

If it is The Tyler (and I'm kinda leaning towards that now - love me some big hair!) then I'm cool with it

She's Welsh too - so hubby will be happy :)
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, female...power ballad...looking at the BBC's track record...Shirley Bassey?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    In the great scheme of things, the number of years since your last hit single is irrelevant (says Katrina!)

Sure it would be nice to have a bright young thing, but has beens are alright with me too (cos I am one? :eek: ;) )

It's going to rely on the song, Jessica, Imaani and Jade hadn't had previous hit singles, and it worked out just fine

If it is The Tyler (and I'm kinda leaning towards that now - love me some big hair!) then I'm cool with it

She's Welsh too - so hubby will be happy :)

I'd have nothing against Bonnie in principle as she's a good singer, but she was far from cutting edge even in her heyday and would have been seen as quite old school. I'd be slightly concerned the juries in particular would see her as an irrelevant has been, rather than someone they want to give their points to.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least bonnie is 15 years younger than the hump

Its exactly 1 year since we where all sat waiting for the Star to announce are act :D
  • Options
    fruitangfruitang Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Shirley? From Oscars to Eurovision... I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona lewis would be immense, everyone knows her and she's known for the power ballads!
  • Options
    Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    Bonnie Tyler?!

I really hope not, but it's SO her.

Sounds like the result of a Katie Taylor veto to me...and she can belt them out with the best of them can she? She can barely CROAK these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those who are interested though, this is one of Bonnie's most recent performances of Total Eclipse from last week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a68RgPT_S5o

And a new one from her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRLLibx28No

....It's 3mins.....coincidence?
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Lulu?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    That Bonnie song is bottom five all over again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love all the talk of Bonnie, but lets remember where this rumour came from...Anne :D:p
  • Options
    EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Shes a rihanna clone, trying to be like rihanna. :sleep:

Leona Lewis would be a great choice.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonnie can't actually sing anymore.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love all the talk of Bonnie, but lets remember where this rumour came from...Anne :D:p

I'm highly unimpressed - I tried to get a Shirley Bassey rumour going and nothing. :mad::D
  • Options
    PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    Bonnie can't actually sing anymore.

Neither could Engelbert :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more times I hear the song, the more her voice and the song grows on me - better than that Russian crap!
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Looking at any Susan, Sharon or Debbie who has an album out that fits in the vaguest of criteria ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're such a meanie, Maddy - I never started it ....
    ESC Ross wrote: »
    Russia is the only song so far, that I think sounds like a winner.

I was thinking earlier, that it could be Bonnie Tyler representing the UK, but she has a new album out on March 8th, so I doubt it.

See? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter30 wrote: »
    Bonnie Tyler?!

I really hope not, but it's SO her.

Sounds like the result of a Katie Taylor veto to me...and she can belt them out with the best of them can she? She can barely CROAK these days.

If she croaked on stage, we would win by a landslide :p

Oops, bit inappropriate :o
This discussion has been closed.