Ideas for my woman...

TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm looking for ideas to (pleasantly!) surprise my OH. I like to do thinks that are a bit quirky and different - doing things like buying flowers is good but a bit 'samey'.

Any suggestions I get won't be anything I follow to the letter - I'd give things my own 'spin' but we've been together for 4 years so I'm looking at new ways at being romantic. Last week we went for a picnic but instead of traditional picnic food it was all her favourite chocolates and pic-a-mix sweets.

Any ideas would need to be on a budget though....

TIA

Comments

• smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Talizman wrote: »
    I'm looking for ideas to (pleasantly!) surprise my OH. I like to do thinks that are a bit quirky and different - doing things like buying flowers is good but a bit 'samey'.

Any suggestions I get won't be anything I follow to the letter - I'd give things my own 'spin' but we've been together for 4 years so I'm looking at new ways at being romantic. Last week we went for a picnic but instead of traditional picnic food it was all her favourite chocolates and pic-a-mix sweets.

TIA

50 shades of Grey and a pair of handcuffs
  • TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sensible ideas thanks...
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dress in a loincloth, bop her over the head , mutter a few ughs and drag her off to the woods.

Your woman would love that cavemen stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Sensible ideas thanks...
    LOL at the previous reply, sorry.

I would book a day off work and go out for the day. Not everything is expensive. Dependant on where you live a walk along the beach?
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Take her up the OXO Tower.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps not my best idea, asking on DS....
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    LOL at the previous reply, sorry.

I would book a day off work and go out for the day. Not everything is expensive. Dependant on where you live a walk along the beach?

We've done that sort of thing so I'm looking at things I can specifically do for 'her'. For example I learned 3D Origami just so I could make a swan for her. That sort of thing, personalised. Something that she can see I put time and thought in to :)
  • TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

TIA

What area are you from...it might help with suggestions.
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could try and spot something she owns which is a bit old or needs replacing and buy her a new special version, bonus points if it can be personalised?

My sister, bless her, is always getting me 'creative' gifts - like a book with my name in the title, which she read before giving to me, reviewed in her dedication as 'hilariously bad', and gave away the ending. Or the time she bought me a vinyl copy of an album I already own, when I don't own or want a vinyl player. People often say it's the thought that counts, but if she thought about it just a little more she'd get me something less mad :D

I like to think of things that people have that need replacing, and get them something more expensive than they would get themselves. Like say I needed a new hairbrush because mine is all ratty, getting me an expensive one carved with my name.

Edit: By 'expensive', I mean more expensive or better quality. I'd usually try and spend a pound on a hairbrush.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Near Cardiff but I'm thinking that I'm after something different to 'going somewhere'. Don't get me wrong, we love doing that but we do it a lot anyway.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We recently did this for an old friend who was moving:-

We secretly gathered together all her favourite people (our group of friends, her kids, pet dog etc...) went to her favourite park and took a picture from a distance - but we werent in a group - we were dotted around the park for e.g. one was on a bench, reading a paper, some were having a picnic, one walking her dog in the distance, one cycling etc... Then we had it printed and made into a jigsaw - it basically looks like a jigsaw of our local park but when you look closely you spot all the family & friends.

This caused many tears...!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »

We secretly gathered together all her favourite people (our group of friends, her kids, pet dog etc...) went to her favourite park and took a picture from a distance - but we werent in a group - we were dotted around the park for e.g. one was on a bench, reading a paper, some were having a picnic, one walking her dog in the distance, one cycling etc... Then we had it printed and made into a jigsaw - it basically looks like a jigsaw of our local park but when you look closely you spot all the family & friends.

WOW! Thank you, that has given me a slightly different but equally awesome idea :)
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW! Thank you, that has given me a slightly different but equally awesome idea :)

Cool :) Have fun
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »

That's lovely idea! Go, OP - that's a winner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    a Treasure Hunt in the house? Hiding clues which lead to other clues and so on which s he has to figure out, and at the end the Treasure is - whatever you want, a bottle of wine, a box of Maltesers and so on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These flowers aren't samey. My friend got some for her anniversary, with one red rose in the centre. They look stunning in person http://www.interflora.co.uk/product/flower-arrangements/rainbow-roses-vase/
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    RegMonkey wrote: »
    a Treasure Hunt in the house? Hiding clues which lead to other clues and so on which s he has to figure out, and at the end the Treasure is - whatever you want, a bottle of wine, a box of Maltesers and so on.

My husband did something like this. He had booked a trip to Barcelona for us and left various clues which led me to items in the house where I found one letter. Once I found all 9 letters I had to rearrange them to make a word and the word was BARCELONA, was a lovely surprise!