This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 20**

SupportSupport Posts: 70,717
Administrator
Continuation of: This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 19**
sofakat wrote: »
But like Brighton really, although the locals still swear it isn't and think they are the coolest of the cool.

Mind you with their intake they'd probably say the same about Mars.

Comments

• duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whew .For one minute I thought we had all been banished and sent packing .
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh, shiny new thread for Blackpool :D

Did anyone grab the booze :confused: And who gave directions to Hugh, Robert and Jason :confused:
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, this is nice :D
  • Bouzouki BoyBouzouki Boy Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »

Men just don't realise the work involved in getting your ovaries under control. It takes years, years I tell you and then we're derided for it but I just can't seem to make my ovaries care.

Don't forget that some "MAN" created your gender about 6,000 years ago, or was it billion? So, total misunderstanding of the feminine side from the start.
  • KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camis wrote: »

Did anyone grab the booze :confused: And who gave directions to Hugh, Robert and Jason :confused:

I'm in charge of the booze. It's all here. Ish. ;)

Sofakat will bring the men.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wanders in, blinks at the light, flipping heck it's clean in here. Mind you, it could be wrecked by 9pm depending on the show.

Waves at all the lurkers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Camis wrote: »

I had to google where Blackpool was and run after you all .To my utter shame I always thought it was on the east coast .Turned up there and found myself in Hull .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    I had to google where Blackpool was and run after you all .To my utter shame I always thought it was on the east coast .Turned up there and found myself in Hull .

Could have been worse, could have been Grimsby :D

(I'm a Yeller Belly, I'm allowed to make fun :cool: :D)
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    As we have a new part of the thread it's time for a reiteration of the DOT Manifesto for those who are too drunk and can't remember or are newby de-lurkers.

What is a Non-App thread?

Well, it's the anti-thesis of an App thread, where you can come to have moan or a laugh, shamelessly take the mick out of the show that we all love. And make up nicknames.
    It's somewhere where you can air little niggles and that is !!!11!!! free, where people don't deliberately misconstrue, don't use up the whole of DS's supply of capital letters and use smilies for their intended purpose.

You can say all the things that would get you thrown out of an App thread.
    We welcome anyone with a witty comment and an attitude.

Why does X pull such weird faces?
    What on earth has Y got on her head, and is it dead?
    Is Z wearing that dress for a bet, and how much did she lose?
    Is Bruce doddery, doddery is Bruce?

Basic T&Cs of this thread (which have no legal basis whatever)
    • Bring a sense of humour with you, and a bottle.
    • Don't come on here for a whine about another thread please
    You can *just* about say anything on here, just be amusing.
    • You don't have to be drunk - just act like it.
    • If you think we are all horrible, try another thread.

But you'll be back by the semi-final when it all goes wild out there
    For all the pish taking the posters in here, we actually love the show as much (if not more, truth be told) than a lot of people 'out there'
    You don't have to be a whisky drinking middle aged woman of Irish extraction with a cat or two. It just helps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KitKat21 wrote: »
    I'm in charge of the booze. It's all here. Ish. ;)

Sofakat will bring the men.

I'll be home lone tonight, but I guess I'm not enough of a hunk, well not even that :cry:
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Could have been worse.
    Could have been Hell
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only been to Blackpool once with the in laws, SIL, BIL and hubby. It was before we all had kids and went to see the lights.

Although it was the tackiest place on earth and our hotel was like Fawlty Towers with candlestick bedspread, nylon carpet and Heinz tomato soup was the height of sophistication, we had the best time. We were so drunk the whole weekend and we were backing singers for a Elvis tribute act singing into our beer bottles. Good times. :D:D:D we brought the house down. :D Poor guy! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be home lone tonight, but I guess I'm not enough of a hunk, well not even that :cry:

You're fine hun, allgrownup will be here later and Monkseal might be in too. ;)

We just have men to serve drinks, clean and generally keep us entertained. ;) can you sing, tap dance, host karaoke, paint nails? We'll find a use for you ;):D
    Forum Member
    I've been to Blackpool a few times. Went to 3 very enjoyable dancing weekends and I think I've been to the Tower Ballroom 3 times (maybe 2). The last time I did think the building needed a revamp. I didn't much like the town of Blackpool - much of it very tacky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    As we have a new part of the thread it's time for a reiteration of the DOT Manifesto for those who are too drunk and can't remember or are newby de-lurkers.

Well, it's the anti-thesis of an App thread, where you can come to have moan or a laugh, shamelessly take the mick out of the show that we all love. And make up nicknames.
    It's somewhere where you can air little niggles and that is !!!11!!! free, where people don't deliberately misconstrue, don't use up the whole of DS's supply of capital letters and use smilies for their intended purpose.

For all the pish taking the posters in here, we actually love the show as much (if not more, truth be told) than a lot of people 'out there'
    You don't have to be a whisky drinking middle aged woman of Irish extraction with a cat or two. It just helps.

Awww, I am so proud of our manifesto. Stands to attention and salutes. :D

We need some music to go with it. Like Billy Connolly says, should be the theme to The Archers "rumpty, tumpty, tumpty, tum.......rumpty, tumpty, tum, tum" , he was talking about the national anthem but I think it fits here. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Could have been worse.
    Could have been Hell

near enough .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Stands to attention and looks drunk while holding a cat and waving a tricolour .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, that's fab :D

Stands to more or less at-en-shun and does Benny Hill salute.
    Forum Member
    Awww, I am so proud of our manifesto. Stands to attention and salutes. :D

We need some music to go with it. Like Billy Connolly says, should be the theme to The Archers "rumpty, tumpty, tumpty, tum.......rumpty, tumpty, tum, tum" , he was talking about the national anthem but I think it fits here. ;)

For some reason the Archers theme is fitting for here. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Could have been worse.
    Could have been Hell

... or Halifax

From Hull and Halifax and Hell
    Good Lord deliver me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp3yrLqMuEQ

Damn those bridge builders. Still, I suppose you didn't freeze in the icy waters of the 'umber.
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    * De-lurking for a little while *

Morning all, happy Strictly day :) Unfortunately I won't be here to watch the show tonight - heading out for a meal for my dad's birthday. Please let me know if Mark does go the whole hog and does his Jive dressed as Edna Turnblad from Hairspray (I think I'd cry with laughter if he did), and if you can spare some votes for him on my behalf then please do.

Other speculative thoughts for this evening:
    - Ashley's Paso will be another demonstration of Ola's Limited Latin Choreography (known as OLLC for short). Knee slides and spins will be in there, if she does the starfish and/or pivots as well then my support for her and Ashley may be moved to someone else.
    - Natalie's Charleston, hmm. Could Artem actually be doing a more gurn-y style Charleston than usual? If he actually smiles during the routine it would be a miracle.
    - Fiona will temporarily stop working and forget her steps, or Anton. Either way, something will go wrong.

I'll aim to be around on a TOT basis, if not a fully-fledged DOT :D
  • franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been to Blackpool a few times. Went to 3 very enjoyable dancing weekends and I think I've been to the Tower Ballroom 3 times (maybe 2). The last time I did think the building needed a revamp. I didn't much like the town of Blackpool - much of it very tacky.

I went once for dancing (university nationals in my first year) but saw most of the weekend through sleep deprived blinking so don't remember much about Blackpool itself. :o I remember the ballroom pretty well (it was an extremely long day) but other than that... Our B&B was very chintzy, I seem to think. There is photographic evidence that we went to the Pleasure Beach and a pier. :confused: I vaguely remember trying not to fall asleep in the queue for a couple of rides but that's about it. Ooh, we had wristbands! Our team captain came round and gave us all wristbands so we could go on the rides! And... no, that's actually it. Don't remember the town at all, although I'm assuming we must have eaten somewhere on the Sunday. Maybe we just stayed at the Pleasure Beach? I don't know how big it is.

ETA: *bows head for DOT manifesto* It's a bit early for the proper DOT salute. What did we decide that was again? :confused: Drink alcohol, swish pashmina and fall onto chaise longue? I feel like there was probably a cat involved somewhere.
  • PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it's ok to appreciate something in this thread. I appreciate the posting of the house rules. I'm middle aged, of Irish extraction, have 2 cats but don't drink whisk(e)y ... I prefer champagne, prosecco, red wines and lager - especailly Corona ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it's ok to appreciate something in this thread. I appreciate the posting of the house rules. I'm middle aged, of Irish extraction, have 2 cats but don't drink whisk(e)y ... I prefer champagne, prosecco, red wines and lager - especailly Corona ...

I'm Welsh, don't drink and have no cats, but it's all a state of mind. :p:D
  • PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm Welsh, don't drink and have no cats, but it's all a state of mind. :p:D
    Ok then! :D
This discussion has been closed.