Options

Strawberry Street

garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
Forum Member
Granted i only dip in and out of Corrie but all i've seen this week is a sodden story about strawberrys... Fail.

Comments

• Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    Strawbanation Street:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roy's breakdancing has left me feeling nostalgic for the 1980s.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's riveting stuff, stawberrygate.
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, this plot is ridiculous.

Obviously, Coronation Street is in such an unpopulated area that online supermarkets clearly don't deliver there.
  • Options
    extraextraextraextra Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Bet Hayley dies before she gets her strawberries!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a plot device to raise added tension!
  • Options
    anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Maybe she eats the out of date strawberries and just drops dead
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Anyone would think strawberries were a precious metal! Has Roy never heard of Tescos or Sainsburys? Or even Frescos!
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    extraextra wrote: »
    Bet Hayley dies before she gets her strawberries!

I wonder if we will get a similar scene like Hilda crying over Stan's glasses. Instead, Roy arrives back home shortly after Hayley has passed away and finds a plastic bag on the table. He opens it up and it reveals a box of strawberries, and he breaks down realising that Hayley never got to eat them. :(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if we will get a similar scene like Hilda crying over Stan's glasses. Instead, Roy arrives back home shortly after Hayley has passed away and finds a plastic bag on the table. He opens it up and it reveals a box of strawberries, and he breaks down realising that Hayley never got to eat them. :(:(

Yep, that'll be it.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,128
    Forum Member
    Utterly, utterly ridiculous. Worst scenes of any soap so far in 2014. What a farce.
  • Options
    silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone would think strawberries were a precious metal! Has Roy never heard of Tescos or Sainsburys? Or even Frescos!

but there were 'special' strawberries
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roy... Snatching the strawberries and making a run for it...

Am I the only one who thinks he should be suing the shop for trip hazards on the floor... :)

The place was a complete mess... Even Aldi looks better... ;-)

PS... I hope Hayrold chokes on one... >:(
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roy falling down and making a real ass of himself, anything is better than the grotesque scenes of Peter and Tina we have had the past few weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Roy falling down and making a real ass of himself, anything is better than the grotesque scenes of Peter and Tina we have had the past few weeks.

Agreed.

I didn't mind the strawberry stuff but maybe they could have had Hayley remember some type of food she used to like when she was a child and then have Roy running round the shops to see if they still sell it. :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scarlettj wrote: »
    Agreed.

I didn't mind the strawberry stuff but maybe they could have had Hayley remember some type of food she used to like when she was a child and then have Roy running round the shops to see if they still sell it. :blush::D

Much better story, bet they wished they'd thought of it.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a small part of a much larger plot which, on the whole, has been handled very sensitively.
    I don't feel it's been badly researched ( or not researched at all ) or that it's insulting my intelligence.

True, after last nights episode I don't ever want to hear the word 'strawberry' again, but, apart from the fact that all supermarkets sell strawberries all year round and they're quite likely to all come from the same countries, there were no other Bad Research Howlers like ignoring points of law, police procedure etc which sometimes happen in soaps and annoy me a lot more than stuff like this.

I'd also just like to remind people of the beautiful scene when Roy was holding Hayley just after he put her CD on for her.
    The look on David Neilson's face was exquisite.
    Soap gold.
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a small part of a much larger plot which, on the whole, has been handled very sensitively.
    I don't feel it's been badly researched ( or not researched at all ) or that it's insulting my intelligence.

True, after last nights episode I don't ever want to hear the word 'strawberry' again, but, apart from the fact that all supermarkets sell strawberries all year round and they're quite likely to all come from the same countries, there were no other Bad Research Howlers like ignoring points of law, police procedure etc which sometimes happen in soaps and annoy me a lot more than stuff like this.

I'd also just like to remind people of the beautiful scene when Roy was holding Hayley just after he put her CD on for her.
    The look on David Neilson's face was exquisite.
    Soap gold.

I agree with you. Plus Roy is going through a tough time and wants to make Hayley happy as he has to live with the stigma that she will no longer be with him soon. David Neilson is a truly great actor.