X1 Time to get excited

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My kinect seems to have broke :-/! Was working fine, tried Kinect Sports Pre-season, it was being unresponsive and it was spinning me around in circles and now it won't work at all :-/
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    smcbeath wrote: »
    My Xbox for my mate is still sitting in the depot as well, with a estimate delivery of today. I wonder what time they send out the afternoon deliveries?

I don't know to be honest but I have read some people have an estimated delivery between 18:00 and 19:00 so I'm not sure how late DPD deliver until? Maybe they're going to do a little overtime since they won't be working Saturday.

I've read that a number of people have their order changed to 25th so as long as it reads 22nd then to all accounts and purposes they should deliver the parcel. I don't care if it's late, but would like some confirmation.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    I'm one of them.

DPD have been known to show up until about 7pm so hang on you might be in luck for today!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Good news is DPD dropped it off at 9.30.
    Bad news it's staying in the box till Xmas day as it's the lads Xmas pressie.

Fancy having a blast now on FIFA but will wait and enjoy during the Xmas break. Going to keep an eye on how the games are playing too before spending cash on any of them.
    Forum Member
    Finally an update! Just received a txt saying "Ashton" will be coming between 07:00 and 20:00. That's late but I don't care!
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    jokerz wrote: »
    DPD have been known to show up until about 7pm so hang on you might be in luck for today!

UPS mate not DPD.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UPS mate not DPD.

Lol my error. Still couriers can be out until late so hang in there.

I've had a delivery at 6.30pm before now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rawowl wrote: »
    Good news is DPD dropped it off at 9.30.
    Bad news it's staying in the box till Xmas day as it's the lads Xmas pressie.

Fancy having a blast now on FIFA but will wait and enjoy during the Xmas break. Going to keep an eye on how the games are playing too before spending cash on any of them.

going for that cheeky game of FIFA is a good idea, it will be better to find out of about any potential issues now, rather than on Christmas day when you have no way to replace it

Plus it will mean all of the updates are done, so there won't be any waiting around
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how do you guys get these messages, is this done through dpd or were you purchased your console? 2d has your online status changed as well?
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally an update! Just received a txt saying "Ashton" will be coming between 07:00 and 20:00. That's late but I don't care!

That is late but at least your have it for the weekend :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    going for that cheeky game of FIFA is a good idea, it will be better to find out of about any potential issues now, rather than on Christmas day when you have no way to replace it

Plus it will mean all of the updates are done, so there won't be any waiting around

Yeh that's good advice.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well just installing Forza, have to say the UI is so nice. Voice recognition no problem, impressed with Kinect as it read my Day one achievement instantly.

The controller..... swwwwweeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt.

Anyway Forza installed enough to play. Jumping in!!!
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Well just installing Forza, have to say the UI is so nice. Voice recognition no problem, impressed with Kinect as it read my Day one achievement instantly.

The controller..... swwwwweeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt.

Anyway Forza installed enough to play. Jumping in!!!

How much did you have to download? I'm at 12% after 2 hours :(

Edit - 13% is the answer, here I go!!
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how do you guys get these messages, is this done through dpd or were you purchased your console? 2d has your online status changed as well?

It's a bit of both m8 ShopTo and DPD.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow, the controller is amazing in Forza. Having each trigger rumble in my view makes a huge difference.
    Forum Member

You should receive an email and text to your phone informing you of dispatch, in the email you can click a link to see the status of your order. Mine has changed to "out for delivery" but I'm not able to see any information on where the driver is and what my queue position is. Just a "7:00 to 20:00" delivery time, which I presume is a mistake and they meant to say 19:00 - 20:00.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    How much did you have to download? I'm at 12% after 2 hours :(

Edit - 13% is the answer, here I go!!

It was about 15% and i would say it was about 15 minutes. Think it said it had to do a Forza update that was quite large. I have a fast connection so unsure if that is causing your slow install as it has to do the update first?
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    jokerz wrote: »
    Lol my error. Still couriers can be out until late so hang in there.

I've had a delivery at 6.30pm before now

Not on a Friday, they all wanna get home by 3pm take the kids to football or the wife shopping etc - this is britain we're talking about.

The only day of the week the postman shows up before 12:00 is saturday where he is amazingly finished on his round by 09:30 the 'working week' you are lucky to see him before midday. Thats because he gets to slack off once he has finished his rounds on a Saturday.

So no, no courier will be delivering after 15:00 this afternoon I wouldn't have thought - there will be an amazing amount of 'not in for delivery' inputs on their terminals.
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just set mine up. Can't believe how quiet it is and it's not as big as I imagined. Just waiting for fifa and forza to download.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over an hour stuck on the "it's time to update" "getting ready" screen for the day one patch. No indication as to what's going on... If anything.
    Forum Member
    Not on a Friday, they all wanna get home by 3pm take the kids to football or the wife shopping etc - this is britain we're talking about.

The only day of the week the postman shows up before 12:00 is saturday where he is amazingly finished on his round by 09:30 the 'working week' you are lucky to see him before midday. Thats because he gets to slack off once he has finished his rounds on a Saturday.

So no, no courier will be delivering after 15:00 this afternoon I wouldn't have thought - there will be an amazing amount of 'not in for delivery' inputs on their terminals.

While that used to be the case for a lot of manual workers in the UK but these days are a little different. Don't lose hope, mine is definitely coming and estimated to be as late as 8pm, it's a REAL busy day for them today.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave them a call @ 08445 560 560 and I got a instant update of 4.30 - 5.30 pm delivery.

Thing is I keyed in my order number on the phone, then I was put through to a Geordie who asked me for the same code. Didn't understand me to well but we got there in the end.

Kinect 1 geordies 0

:D:):D
  • ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my charge and play kit! Got my charge and play kit!! No console.

Oh well.

Good thing Shopto aren't going to take the money ti.. What? Oh they're going to take the money today?

Right.

Oh well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This machine is superb, i really cant find a fault so far. Kinect voice i've not had to repeat myself once, jumping from in game to home then back to game is so slick. Not tried the snap feature yet. The pad is so nice, love the little clicks on the d-pad.

Playing Forza and have Ghosts downloading in the background. On Forza, this game is so good. Smooth as silk no fps problems at all. At first its to easy until you alter your assits etc. Then its a whole new game, the AI or Drivatar is great. Cars trying to go for same line, not scared of trying to push you off the track. Lap times, well how some people are getting these is beyond me but at least i'm top 4000 or something like that!
    Forum Member
    Mines just arrived! :D I asked the guy and he said they will work beyond 6pm, all parcels schedualed for delivery today will be delivered.