Can't believe Joe's out!

Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought Joe the "rocker" had a really unique voice and loved his first audition. He seemed really popular with the crowds too. He probably wanted to show some versatility, but I wish he hadn't slowed things down tonight I think it went against him. Anyone think he's in with a chance at the wild card?

Comments

• StickInsectStickInsect Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I liked him too and hope he comes back as a wild card. He should have got Rylan's place
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Joe the "rocker" had a really unique voice and loved his first audition. He seemed really popular with the crowds too. He probably wanted to show some versatility, but I wish he hadn't slowed things down tonight I think it went against him. Anyone think he's in with a chance at the wild card?

They had to get rid of the good singers to make way for the likes of Rylan. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt awful for him :(
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    This was the only real shock of the night for me. I thought the wrong Jade went through too, but I was kind of expecting that.
  • Tony_BurkeTony_Burke Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I thought Joe was one of the best and was gutted when they put Rylan/James Arthur and Jahmene through instead.

He even had a reasonable back story!!!!!!!!!
  • ToxicBlossomToxicBlossom Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Me neither. I was really hoping he'd get through but I just knew Rylan would get through over him and that very fact is just a joke. He doesn't annoy me as much as he annoys others on here but his song and singing tonight was just dire, Joe was so much stronger than him.

But of course, this is the way it goes every year. The judges banging on about it being a 'singing' competition yet they put through people who can't hold a note and send home those who do. All scripted and fixed.

I hope Joe gets a shot at the wild card, if there is one?
  • quiniequinie Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was really surprised about this - he sang the softer parts of with or without you really beautifully and I thought he showed real talent in all his auditions too.

I don't know why they didn't put him through - I really thought it was in the bag for him!! :(
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    They will do the wild cards again, you will see him back don't worry
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am shocked he was in the boys catagory and not the over 28's:eek:
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    I am shocked he was in the boys catagory and not the over 28's:eek:

Me too. He was one of the best under 28's
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Me too. He was one of the best under 28's

Sorry what do you mean:confused:
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    quinie wrote: »
    I don't know why they didn't put him through - I really thought it was in the bag for him!! :(
    Wasn't it him they were discussing when Nicole caused the irony meter to explode, by suggesting he lacked personality?
  • ToxicBlossomToxicBlossom Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it him they were discussing when Nicole caused the irony meter to explode, by suggesting he lacked personality?

Irony meter exploding, love it :D And yes, I believe she said of him, 'but is he a superstar?' Right Nicole, but Rylan is Elvis reincarnated, of course :rolleyes:

Btw, of the wildcards, don't they choose the wildcard from a person who made it to judges houses but didn't make it to the lives? If so, that's Joe out of the running :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I absolutely loved him, I don't know what the judges were thinking not putting him through but yet they put that Rylan clark through :mad::(

I'm well and truly gutted, I just hope they bring him back as a wild card or something, he seems to be really liked by everyone too.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How old was he? I'm still super confused as to why they didn't do over 25s this year. The overs category is very weak (I don't know what they are seeing, other than the usual old-fashioned screaming acts which won't sell records, that they think is amazing) and could have used a few of the 25-28 year olds to boost it.

Also getting rid of Hayley Evetts was a joke. And Joe Cox.

Some questionable decisions, I was convinced at the end Simon would have a wildcard group, or Cheryl will get one or something. Far too many good acts gone, whilst mediocrity has made it to Judges Homes.
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I was a little surprised not to see him go through, but only in terms of what his visual appeal would be to the core audience. 75% of the reaction to him will have been based on his hunky looks, and the heartwarming back story of the dedicated dad. Surely the producers would want him in.

He's a bit like a singing Chippendale. If he'd walked on stage and simply tore off his teeshirt I'm sure it would have satisfied most of the females in the audience, even if he'd forgotten to sing a note. Tulisa had to refer to his looks too.

As a bloke who likes blokes I wouldn't mind asking how much his tool was either (he sells tools for a living), but I can put my eyes back in their sockets and listen. All I hear is a good singer, but ironically what's good/vaguely remarkable about it is more towards the tender and sensitive end of his vocals rather than the real rocker raunch he thinks he has to offer.

That said there is no question that he should have been put through instead of Rylan.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad he's out, thought he definitely deserved to go through. :( I would've way preferred him in the next round in place of Nathan or Jahmene.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Such an odd exit. After all his camera time, solid auditions and positive reaction he just gets the boot for no real reason. It really was like he was swept under the carpet very sharply.
  • TeekyPieTeekyPie Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked him too and hope he comes back as a wild card. He should have got Rylan's place

Exactly. The judges are absolute idiots if they let him go, he is really something special and unique, I would've loved to see him every week. Same as joe cox my other fave :( and the ones they chose to put through instead - I'm bewildered.
  • beckham76beckham76 Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant believe both joe's are out! but think even stevie wonder saw Rylan getting through!! so so dissapointed in Xfactor.. this year they had some amazing talent.. and i think the only catagory that has pretty much its strongest hand is the groups!
    the girls and boys are missing their strongest links.. the overs has missed a trick not putting hayley thru.. but for me melanie mccabe is a shocker..

but the fact they have made their bed.. let them lie in it.. we should all watch strictly first live show in protest!!
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeekyPie wrote: »
    Exactly. The judges are absolute idiots if they let him go, he is really something special and unique, I would've loved to see him every week. Same as joe cox my other fave :( and the ones they chose to put through instead - I'm bewildered.

Also, I wonder if this is a situation where Simon shone, above Gary - in that even when music wasn't to his personal taste. he could spot the merits of putting through someone with a pretty good voice, with the bonus of added popularity and entertainment value.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I can't believe he's out either, Gary definitely liked him because he tweeted this last night

@gbarlowofficial Loving Joseph !!

I just wonder if the producers had a say in it because I don't think Gary is too keen on Rylan either
  • Mr Hunny BunnyMr Hunny Bunny Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't deserve to go through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    I think the only reason he didn't go through is because he was so good at rock songs - they centre their shows on top 40 chart stuff, not really the better quality music you'll hear on radio stations like Absolute. Aiming towards the teen audience again? More than likely!!
  • PilotofthestormPilotofthestorm Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well lets be honest X-factor is now more like TOWIE, scripted nonsense. Joe appeared to be a credible artist and we can't have that on X-factor now can we :rolleyes: