Options

Some Advice Please? IPhone 5, 4G, etc...

ToxicBlossomToxicBlossom Posts: 219
Forum Member
Hi everyone. I've been browsing around the net to find some answers to my questions but no luck so far so I was wondering if you could help me out?

Basically I'm getting an iphone 5 for my birthday in around three weeks time.

I was going to get it on contract with Orange (I'm on Orange now and have had no problems in the year and a half I've been with them) The contract is £36 a month on the 32GB phone with an upfront cost of course. Unlimited texts and calls with 1GB of internet.

I'm just confused about this whole 4G thing that is set to launch on the 30th. If I went to purchase the iphone 5 after 4G has launched, would I still be able to get the 3G contract? I only say this because with 4G, the same plan that I want on the 3G network is £5 extra, making it £41 a month which I really don't want to pay.

Also, is anybody else thinking about making the switch to 4G when it launches? Do you think it's worth the extra cost?

I guess in a nutshell, if you're with EE, is the switch to 4G compulsory or optional?

Thanks to anyone who can help :D

Comments

• Options
    RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's optional. If you sign up to one of Orange or T-Mobile's existing plans then you will not be automatically moved over to a 4G plan.