Sky & Satellite Weekly News Thread, Week #29

1235»

Comments

• ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M60 wrote: »
    I do know that TruTV had to have something live for the 24th for a minimum of 2hrs/day, not sure who's slot they've acquired though. I am also not aware if there's a TruTV+1 planned, it has been mooted to happen but as of yet unknown (possibly using Boomerang+1).

Remind me folks, when does the reshuffle take place?

Wasn't it mentioned previously that they purchased one of the former PriceDrop/Bid slots?
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    Wasn't it mentioned previously that they purchased one of the former PriceDrop/Bid slots?

Surely though the 30/31 day rule would have meant they'd purchased something that had come off the EPG around the end of June and can't think what that could be?
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell is doing up there at that position?? It's an entrainment channel / not a documentary channel.

Hmm, "World's Dumbest Hillbillies" sounds only marginally worse than most of the content on Discovery and History now.
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remind me folks, when does the reshuffle take place?
    19/08/14.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    I do know that TruTV had to have something live for the 24th for a minimum of 2hrs/day, not sure who's slot they've acquired though. I am also not aware if there's a TruTV+1 planned, it has been mooted to happen but as of yet unknown (possibly using Boomerang+1).
    There's a truTV+1 licence for terrestrial, but not currently for cable/satellite.
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    a516 wrote: »
    There's a truTV+1 licence for terrestrial, but not currently for cable/satellite.

You'd have thought it would be the other way around, unless they plan on timesharing with some capacity used for someone else on DTT?
    Digi Man wrote: »
    19/08/14.

Cheers Digi Man, I knew there was a date mentioned previously, couldn't remember what it was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely though the 30/31 day rule would have meant they'd purchased something that had come off the EPG around the end of June and can't think what that could be?

http://canismedia.co.uk/canis-media-successfully-sells-sit-up-tv-epg-slots/

Well Turner purchased one of the slots, along with the recently launched shopping channel (which launched this week too)
  • SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be nice to see Turner put out some of the Adult Swim comedy/animation on truTV, but don't know if that's immediately likely. As to the EPG, I'd assumed (as many of us did) it'd be up in entertainment/lifestyle with similar channels like CBS Reality, Really, Sky LivingIt...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be nice to see Turner put out some of the Adult Swim comedy/animation on truTV, but don't know if that's immediately likely. As to the EPG, I'd assumed (as many of us did) it'd be up in entertainment/lifestyle with similar channels like CBS Reality, Really, Sky LivingIt...

Would be good, they've got Conan so maybe they will show it after that?

Regards the EPG slot it will probably get moved down with the reshuffle next month, at the moment there's no room
  • jimbojimbo Posts: 16,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 30 is now available. Please post your observations here.
    Test list updated
    Enjoy.. Week 31 will be posted on Thursday.
    Sky & Satellite Weekly News Thread week 30 can be found
    Here
    (we will be back on track on Thursday. Sorry folks!)
This discussion has been closed.