No More Facebook Voting This Series

minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
Forum Member
From the Channel 5 Website

It is with sincere regret that we have had to permanently suspend the Facebook voting application for Big Brother 2012 from today (Thursday 2nd August) for technical reasons. Please note that viewers will be eligible for a refund for any unused Big Brother votes that they have.

We will email those affected via the email address registered to their Facebook account asap. However, in some cases, security settings may prevent us from contacting those affected. If you have unused BB votes and you are not contacted by us, all you have to do is complete an online refund form which will be available by Tuesday 7th August and follow the instructions to send it back to us.

We will communicate where the form can be found and exactly when it is available on the Channel 5 website and on Facebook. Votes will be refunded at the same rate of purchase i.e. £0.33 each.

Comments

• dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    What a joke
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    ha bet facebook wants f*** all to do with them
  • shockedonionshockedonion Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    No surprise, seeing as phonecalls will bring in more revenue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am i right in thinking you cannot vote from Ireland?
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    *waits for conspiracy theories*
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    werebear wrote: »

I think Northern Ireland can still vote by phone.
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

From Northern Ireland you can, but I think only from landlines. People in the Republic of Ireland can't vote at all unless they have the technical knowledge to disguise their phone's location.
  • Mr Hunny BunnyMr Hunny Bunny Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The work of Conor’s uncle I’d imagine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dirrrty wrote: »
    I think Northern Ireland can still vote by phone.
    Thanks i wasn't sure.
    I heard they had trouble voting from Jersey..
    For Lauren.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A system that has worked well since its introduction is now beyond repair. It's not an engine, it's code. I think somebody wants to distance themselves.
  • mpk81mpk81 Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You can vote from Northern Ireland but not the Republic.

Hardly anyone is watching in ROI anyway.
    They don't get Channel 5 on cable TV or on the SKY EPG there.

Full on BB Addicts can get Channel 5 using the 'add channels' facility on Sky, but it does not get a mass audience there.
  • KarmaKarma Posts: 3,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan121 wrote: »
    A system that has worked well since its introduction is now beyond repair. It's not an engine, it's code. I think somebody wants to distance themselves.

agree, do we thank Conor's fans for that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good.:cool:
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What makes it even more suspicious is that Deana was announced as beating everyone in the 8 up vote on facebook last week. She beat her closest competition was 13% behind her.

Could just be a coincidence, but its a bit suspicious.
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I wonder if it's been hacked??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    It's a conspiracy I tell you !
  • BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minkski wrote: »
    I wonder if it's been hacked??

All signs point to yes.

Remember they closed it early at 6pm last Friday, they suspected something and the 'technical issues' is not being able to guarantee it won't happen again.

Voting fraud would bury the show for good, the regulators would go bananas.
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Bananafish wrote: »
    All signs point to yes.

Remember they closed it early at 6pm last Friday, they suspected something and the 'technical issues' is not being able to guarantee it won't happen again.

Voting fraud would bury the show for good, the regulators would go bananas.

fishy :D
  • MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    mpk81 wrote: »
    You can vote from Northern Ireland but not the Republic.

Hardly anyone is watching in ROI anyway.
    They don't get Channel 5 on cable TV or on the SKY EPG there.

Full on BB Addicts can get Channel 5 using the 'add channels' facility on Sky, but it does not get a mass audience there.

I've just spent a week in Ireland (ROI) and was able to see Channel 5 on the Sky EPG and I doubt my elderly parents did any 'adding on' of channels.

However, hardly anyone watches Big Brother and, of those who do, Conor would be unlikely to garner much support. Irish people appreciate warmth in a person and Conor repeatedly says he doesn't care about anyone. His rants against Deana are totally alien to most good natured Irish people. His so called humour may be specific to Derry but he certainly doesn't represent most Irish people - we don't find him funny, I actually find him quite repulsive.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to clarify, you can vote by mobile in northern ireland.
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    MarellaK wrote: »
    I've just spent a week in Ireland (ROI) and was able to see Channel 5 on the Sky EPG and I doubt my elderly parents did any 'adding on' of channels.

However, hardly anyone watches Big Brother and, of those who do, Conor would be unlikely to garner much support. Irish people appreciate warmth in a person and Conor repeatedly says he doesn't care about anyone. His rants against Deana are totally alien to most good natured Irish people. His so called humour may be specific to Derry but he certainly doesn't represent most Irish people - we don't find him funny, I actually find him quite repulsive.
    I think most of us realise he is about as far from a typical Irish person as you can get. He would be a thug wherever he came from.
  • mpk81mpk81 Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarellaK wrote: »
    Well someone did, or they have a UK subscription/card.as it's not on the Sky EPG in RoI

RoI has the "3e" channel on 105