Ulrika Jonsson slating Carol Vorderman in 2005

2»

Comments

• The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I've stuck up for Ulrika in the past but I remember that and it was a nasty thing to write. Vorders has taken some flak in her time but she always seems to come out smiling and with her chin up. Kathryn Apanowicz, Richard's partner used to be on TV a fair bit but seems to have settled for a quieter life and obviously Carol was the first person the media turned to for comments about his death. If it was okay for Kathryn for Carol to 'front' the comments and reflections, then it is nobody else's business and she was clearly devastated when he died so unexpectedly. Much as I wasn't a fan of Whiteley, they were clearly always great friends. I think she handled the interview with Frank Skinner really well, here.

Actually, as utterly loathesome as I find Ulrika, I have to confess that I do kind of agree with her on this one. After Whitely died, Vorderman was constantly telling us all endlessly how much she missed Richard; it seemed to be her raison d'etre for a while. I wouldn't have thought that his partner would want anyone to 'front' the grief. Ultimately, Carol wasn't his partner and she didn't need to wear sackcloth and ashes for several months to let us know about HER grief and how SHE was feeling.

That aside, Ulrika is a cow, but I do agree with her on this one.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who takes CV down a peg or ten gets my vote.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but I do agree with her on this one.
    you agree with insulting anyone grieving? Its none of Ulrika's business - why should it annoy anyone that someone is sad on tv in"glam" make-up as she puts it
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, as utterly loathesome as I find Ulrika, I have to confess that I do kind of agree with her on this one. After Whitely died, Vorderman was constantly telling us all endlessly how much she missed Richard; it seemed to be her raison d'etre for a while. I wouldn't have thought that his partner would want anyone to 'front' the grief. Ultimately, Carol wasn't his partner and she didn't need to wear sackcloth and ashes for several months to let us know about HER grief and how SHE was feeling.

That aside, Ulrika is a cow, but I do agree with her on this one.

What I meant by 'front' was relative to the questions were obviously going to be asked about him and because she was so fond of him she was willing to talk openly about the gap he had left and how sad she felt. It was clearly her way of dealing with it. I don't think she was overtly parading her grief in an unsavoury way but more so in a loving and reflective way. Other people might have handled it differently and with more discussion..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you agree with insulting anyone grieving? Its none of Ulrika's business - why should it annoy anyone that someone is sad on tv in"glam" make-up as she puts it

I agree that CV was way OTT in her constant TV and media appearances telling us constantly how 'devastated' she was. IMHO, it was uneccessary.

As I mentioned, I still think Ulrika is a Grade A bitch.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    What I meant by 'front' was relative to the questions were obviously going to be asked about him and because she was so fond of him she was willing to talk openly about the gap he had left and how sad she felt. It was clearly her way of dealing with it. I don't think she was overtly parading her grief in an unsavoury way but more so in a loving and reflective way. Other people might have handled it differently and with more discussion..

Sorry, late edit. I meant 'discretion'. Ooops :o

I remember, too, when Ulrika did Celebrity Fame Academy. Didn't she have difficulty with some of her fellow participants (IIRC, there was a spat between her and Doon Mc Kechnie [sic?]) when the latter claim she had pushed her when they were gathering on the stage. She does seem to have issues with other women of a similar age.

I remember seeing Ulrika back in 1992 at the old TV-AM studio when I was there as an interviewee. She had absolutely nothing to do with the section I was in but she was so sweet and smiley towards my dad and I. Have had a bit of a soft spot for her ever since but it doesn't excuse bitchy behaviour and what's happened since is a bit of a disappointment tbh.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that CV was way OTT in her constant TV and media appearances telling us constantly how 'devastated' she was. IMHO, it was uneccessary.
    seems a silly thing to be annoyed about to me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seems a silly thing to be annoyed about to me

OK. Well thanks anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Can't believe it's 8 years since RW died.