Comments

• Little-IanLittle-Ian Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butler signs 1 year deal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swans fans couldn't even go ten minutes without singing anti Cardiff songs, pathetic. Manc fans singing "we shall not be moved" whilst it was 0-0 after 50 minutes against a team whose entire squad and stadium cost less than their wonder sub, also pathetic.

Anyway, massive game against El Judas' Wigan coming up (this is the sort of team we are competing against*). Don't let the ignorance and propaganda of Sky fool you, lots of managers have helped shape the Swans we see today but only 1 of them tried to rip them apart.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I love Roberto Martinez:D:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swans fans couldn't even go ten minutes without singing anti Cardiff songs, pathetic. Manc fans singing "we shall not be moved" whilst it was 0-0 after 50 minutes against a team whose entire squad and stadium cost less than their wonder sub, also pathetic.

Anyway, massive game against El Judas' Wigan coming up (this is the sort of team we are competing against*). Don't let the ignorance and propaganda of Sky fool you, lots of managers have helped shape the Swans we see today but only 1 of them tried to rip them apart.

Whats wrong with that? :confused::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chester City (In their first game as a reformed club) fans at Cantilever Park, couldn't get to kick off without changing from singing about themselves to Wrexham.
  • jamiepondjamiepond Posts: 377
    Forum Member

and ? ? ?
    its football ! it goes on in every single stadium in the country . its called banter.
    nothing pathetic about it at all .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little-Ian wrote: »
    Whats wrong with that? :confused::confused:

Well lets see, first time back in the top league for 30 years. First Welsh club in the Sky league, first time out of "their shadow" in about ten years. Not to mention the fact that they are there to support their own team and all it leads to is problems at Wales matches. Although thankfully (for me) the attendances have been so pitiful lately that all the morons from both clubs stayed at home.

Apart from when all the morons came out for the England game, Welsh and English fans mingling together quite happily with incidents between Welsh fans.
    jamiepond wrote: »
    and ? ? ?
    its football ! it goes on in every single stadium in the country . its called banter.
    nothing pathetic about it at all .

It's not just banter which is why it's pathetic. Although no where near as much bad feeling no one would ever describe some of the chanting between Glasgow fans as being just banter.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Well lets see, first time back in the top league for 30 years. First Welsh club in the Sky league, first time out of "their shadow" in about ten years. Not to mention the fact that they are there to support their own team and all it leads to is problems at Wales matches. Although thankfully (for me) the attendances have been so pitiful lately that all the morons from both clubs stayed at home.

Apart from when all the morons came out for the England game, Welsh and English fans mingling together quite happily with incidents between Welsh fans.

It's not just banter which is why it's pathetic. Although no where near as much bad feeling no one would ever describe some of the chanting between Glasgow fans as being just banter.[/quote
    It is only banter Stu, just winding eachother up, The Glasgow Derby is a totaly different issue they have political divides that run deeper than a game of football.
    Forum Member

It's not just banter which is why it's pathetic. Although no where near as much bad feeling no one would ever describe some of the chanting between Glasgow fans as being just banter.

no offence but i don't think you know what your talking about ,
    what is the sky league ? ? ? that is a new one on me !
    we are not talking about rugby here , this is football .
    what does ~"they come out of there shadow" mean ? ?
    if you are not a supporter of the swans then please don't make senseless comments which make no sense.
    there has always been banter between the Swansea and Cardiff city.
    nothing more nothing less , if some idiots want too take that further when the game is over and there outside then that's there idiotic choice. its not one i condone but football violence is rife .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no offence but i don't think you know what your talking about ,
    what is the sky league ? ? ? that is a new one on me !
    we are not talking about rugby here , this is football .
    what does ~"they come out of there shadow" mean ? ?
    if you are not a supporter of the swans then please don't make senseless comments which make no sense.
    there has always been banter between the Swansea and Cardiff city.
    nothing more nothing less , if some idiots want too take that further when the game is over and there outside then that's there idiotic choice. its not one i condone but football violence is rife .

You know exactly what I mean by the Sky league, and I think being out of their shadow is also quite an obvious statement to understand since this is the first time they have been above Cardiff in about 10 years. And like I said, it's not just banter it runs deeper than that. For many it's pure hatred and if you don't realise that then I think it's you that doesn't know what you are talking about.

Back to the general topic though, the Graham cash should have been spent on securing Emnes. He was excellent in his short time here and we are desperate for someone who can hold the ball up around the box. Also, our lack of height hasn't been such an issue in the past but now we need to ensure we've got heads on corners and crosses.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite glad we got our first point in the Premier League and a clean sheet at home.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see Dyer has signed a new contract. It will be nice to see us not losing our better players for free anymore.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,855
    Forum Member
    Concentrate on the league now it seems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Concentrate on the league now it seems.

Quite poor to see them lose to Shrewsbury. :o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad we didnt buy that player Ayala, heard he is going to be out for two months for Norwich.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to see McDonald leave, he is a local boy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0-0 Quite happy with that. Atleast we didnt lose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tate out with a broken leg after some sort of bizarre golf cart accident.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14702158.stm

Get Gunter down here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tate out with a broken leg after some sort of bizarre golf cart accident.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14702158.stm

Get Gunter down here.

Thats sad that is. Could do with a defender and a striker now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brendan want three players. Anyone know who we are be linked with?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a Watford fan, I've heard you are in talks with Adrian Marriappa. BBC and the Swansea local paper confirmed this report, but since, the Watford Observer has said that no bid has been lodged.

Just thought I'd update you..
    Forum Member
    You know exactly what I mean by the Sky league, and I think being out of their shadow is also quite an obvious statement to understand since this is the first time they have been above Cardiff in about 10 years. And like I said, it's not just banter it runs deeper than that. For many it's pure hatred and if you don't realise that then I think it's you that doesn't know what you are talking about.

Back to the general topic though, the Graham cash should have been spent on securing Emnes. He was excellent in his short time here and we are desperate for someone who can hold the ball up around the box. Also, our lack of height hasn't been such an issue in the past but now we need to ensure we've got heads on corners and crosses.

no idea what your talking about "sky league" never heard anyone ever call it that before never.
    if you don't like the banter and that's all it is between football fans chanting then i suggest you look into following a different sport.
    don't agree with your views either to be honest , think its backside talk ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no idea what your talking about "sky league" never heard anyone ever call it that before never.
    if you don't like the banter and that's all it is between football fans chanting then i suggest you look into following a different sport.
    don't agree with your views either to be honest , think its backside talk ...

When you are chanting about the team you are actually playing then it's banter. When you are chanting about a team that you aren't even playing, especially since they are a division below you then it's pathetic.

Last year in the match after beating Cardiff we were losing 0-1 to Bristol and the meat heads were chanting "we beat the scum 1-0". The Bristol fans responded with "we're beating YOU 1-0!"

Later on, after it went quiet following a few token oo-arhh chants from us they responded with "ooh arh it's a library."

That is banter and it made us all laugh, well the intelligent ones amongst us anyway. The constant Cardiff chants make me embarrassed, just as the constant Swansea chants by some Cardiff fans make some Cardiff fans embarrassed.

Kids are attending matches now more than ever and they are being brought up thinking it's ok to chant things like this.
    Little-Ian wrote: »
    Brendan want three players. Anyone know who we are be linked with?

He's after two defenders, apparently one of them is 6'2'' Algerian Rafik Halliche from Fulham.

Also in the news, Borini has gone on loan to Roma with them having the option to buy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a Watford fan, I've heard you are in talks with Adrian Marriappa. BBC and the Swansea local paper confirmed this report, but since, the Watford Observer has said that no bid has been lodged.

Just thought I'd update you..

Cheers for the update. Do you rate him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you are chanting about the team you are actually playing then it's banter. When you are chanting about a team that you aren't even playing, especially since they are a division below you then it's pathetic.

Last year in the match after beating Cardiff we were losing 0-1 to Bristol and the meat heads were chanting "we beat the scum 1-0". The Bristol fans responded with "we're beating YOU 1-0!"

Later on, after it went quiet following a few token oo-arhh chants from us they responded with "ooh arh it's a library."

That is banter and it made us all laugh, well the intelligent ones amongst us anyway. The constant Cardiff chants make me embarrassed, just as the constant Swansea chants by some Cardiff fans make some Cardiff fans embarrassed.

Kids are attending matches now more than ever and they are being brought up thinking it's ok to chant things like this.

He's after two defenders, apparently one of them is 6'2'' Algerian Rafik Halliche from Fulham.

Also in the news, Borini has gone on loan to Roma with them having the option to buy.

Borini has gone from Sampdoria ti Roma on loan? :eek: