Comments

• SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    nope.. couldnt stand the taste of bleach bleh
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I do.

Only intermittently before big family events, though. I can't handle the sharp pains I get or how sensitive it makes my teeth - I love ice cream too much to do it frequently.
  • Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    nope.. couldnt stand the taste of bleach bleh

Domestos tastes lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    Yeah I do.

Only intermittently before big family events, though. I can't handle the sharp pains I get or how sensitive it makes my teeth - I love ice cream too much to do it frequently.

What do you use?
  • DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have and it worked quite well although it was pretty pointless as i smoked at the time lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    What do you use?

Zoom Laser Whitening at the cosmetic dentist.
    You sit there dribbling for an hour with your mouth spread eagle.

Do you wanna whiten your teeth?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoom Laser Whitening at the cosmetic dentist.
    You sit there dribbling for an hour with your mouth spread eagle.

Do you wanna whiten your teeth?

I whiten mine every 12-18 months with custom fit trays and carbamide peroxide gel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I whiten mine every 12-18 months with custom fit trays and carbamide peroxide gel.

Ah really? That sounds interesting, I've never tried the mouth guard method.

I keep saying I'd try the Crest strips one of these days. Apparently they work well.

Do you get any side effects from the gel?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah really? That sounds interesting, I've never tried the mouth guard method.

I keep saying I'd try the Crest strips one of these days. Apparently they work well.

Do you get any side effects from the gel?

Whitening with trays takes longer but it's significantly cheaper, especially because the gel that dentists prescribe, can be purchased online for a fraction of the cost.

I've tried Crest Whitestrips Supreme (14% Hydrogen Peroxide) They are very good value for money but the thing is, they cause high sensitivity and if you accidentally get the gel on your gums it burns like hell. They also don't fit to the contour of the teeth as well as trays.

The gel I use is fantastic. I started off using the strongest gel (just after I quit smoking) which is 35% Carbamide Peroxide. Now I use 20%.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Domestos tastes lovely.

Toilet Duck :p
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Toilet Duck :p

Lovely stuff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Carbamide Peroxide, i use 36% painted on with a brush, then put my mouth trays in so i can smoke a ****, the gel is less than a Tenner on ebay and the thermoforming mouth trays are 1.50, much better than crest white strips, they only really worked on surface stains for me.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used a course of Crest White strips about 4 or 5years ago, and my teeth are still white. When my dentist gave me a filling last November he matched my teeth to A1 on his chart :)
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,188
    Forum Member
    I gave up whitening my teeth, because I noticed that they looked false in photographs, and I didn't want to look like Simon Cowell, his are so unreal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up whitening my teeth, because I noticed that they looked false in photographs, and I didn't want to look like Simon Cowell, his are so unreal.

I agree. Simon's teeth are very white and unnatural looking.
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    MI paste works great for the missus. I'm glad I don't drink coffee like she does I'd never have the patience to apply the stuff every night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No point the amount of coffee i drink
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did the trays and home bleaching method (from my dentist). It worked very well. Cost about three hundred quid if memory serves me correctly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did the trays and home bleaching method (from my dentist). It worked very well. Cost about three hundred quid if memory serves me correctly.

Yes, I've heard that it can be very expensive if done through a dentist.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I've heard that it can be very expensive if done through a dentist.

Who else would you do it through? It's illegal for anyone other than a dentist to perform tooth whitening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who else would you do it through? It's illegal for anyone other than a dentist to perform tooth whitening.

You can buy the self impression kits online, you take the impression at home, then post them back to the lab and they make the custom fit trays and post them out to you. The carbamide peroxide gel in varying strengths is also available online. Basically cutting out the middleman or in this case the Dentist. I asked my dentist (this was a few years ago) if my teeth could be whitened and he said yes but because I was on benefits at the time, he wasn't allowed to make the trays and prescribe the gel. Altogether it costs approx £100 - £130 depending on the cost and quantity of gel you buy.
  • Delta TangoDelta Tango Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why anyone would go to a dentist and spent hundreds when you can get exactly the same stuff (caramide ? peroxide) and the trays from Ebay for less than £10.

When I use to buy them it cost me about £3. £3 to whiten your teeth, when if you went to the dentist they'd charge you hundreds. The only difference at the dentist is that you get a custom mold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why anyone would go to a dentist and spent hundreds when you can get exactly the same stuff (caramide ? peroxide) and the trays from Ebay for less than £10.

When I use to buy them it cost me about £3. £3 to whiten your teeth, when if you went to the dentist they'd charge you hundreds. The only difference at the dentist is that you get a custom mold.

You can pay a third of what the Dentist charges and still get the same custom fit trays and high quality gel.
  • Delta TangoDelta Tango Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can pay a third of what the Dentist charges and still get the same custom fit trays and high quality gel.

I'll stick to spending about £3. It does my teeth nicely, although I did last do them years a go.

With the ones I got you boiled the trays and then molded them to your mouth.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    wire wool.