Artem joins DWTS (allegedly)

Comments

• olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Why is he STILL having visa issues :o:o ??? I'm sorry I just don't totally buy that excuse.....how come Aliona, pasha Iveta, Kristina.......ALL have that issue already resolved and he's still " struggling with it " :confused:

Just say that you wanted to pursue MORE opportunities at DWTS, nothing ties you in the U.K. anymore ( a relationship ) , you like L.A......

I know that they can be by cases basis BUT STILL :confused::confused:

read gb17's post (12.42) - very clear and explains Artems visa issues and why he is having them :)
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think that's NOT the main reason :blush::blush: and that its a little bit of a BS excuse :blush::blush::blush:

I just think that he mostly wanted to stay in LA and pursue other opportunities and that the " visa issue" are part of the problems NOT the main one ;-) :cool:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    read gb17's post (12.42) - very clear and explains Artems visa issues and why he is having them :)

• lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think that's NOT the main reason :blush::blush: and that its a little bit of a BS excuse :blush::blush::blush:

I just think that he mostly wanted to stay in LA and pursue other opportunities and that the " visa issue" are part of the problems NOT the main one ;-) :cool:.

Settling the citizenship issue is fundamental to pursuing all other opportunities.
  • abs xabs x Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't Artem previously married to an American lady? That may make his situation more complicated than the others when applying for citizenship.......anyone know?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abs x wrote: »
    Wasn't Artem previously married to an American lady? That may make his situation more complicated than the others when applying for citizenship.......anyone know?

He was married to Giselle http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1340342/How-Artem-Chigvintsev-left-American-wife-Carrie-Ann-Inaba-dancing-way-Kara-Tointons-heart.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lateone wrote: »
    Settling the citizenship issue is fundamental to pursuing all other opportunities.

Of course :) but say that the main reason that you're leaving is because you wanted to pursue more opportunities, want to stay in LA.......
    I think that he said that to " appease " some of his UK fans.
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abs x wrote: »

his ex-wife hinted that he may have married her to get a green card

she also said that he only agreed to sign the divorce papers 2 years after they separated so that he'll have been married 3 years when they divorced (apparently this facilitates applying for US citizenship)

but since he's still not a US citizen despite residing in the US from 2003 - 2010 (7 years) I wonder if his ex-wife reported him to the US authorities or did something to thwart his US application?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »

she also said that he only agreed to sign the divorce papers 2 years after they separated so that he'll have been married 3 years when they divorced (apparently this facilitates applying for US citizenship)

but since he's still not a US citizen despite residing in the US from 2003 - 2010 (7 years) I wonder if his ex-wife has reported him to the US authorities or something?

See...according to that time frame, he should have already been a US citizen already . You need to reside for at least 5 years in the US ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

but since he's still not a US citizen despite residing in the US from 2003 - 2010 (7 years) I wonder if his ex-wife reported him to the US authorities or did something to thwart his US application?

Did he reside 'continuously' as is required? Wasn't he travelling with 'Burn the floor' quite a bit?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

fair enough :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

but if he cant get a visa that its the main problem, Artem has always had visa issues
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorry, triple post

wasnt he married to Carrie Ann Inaba, the judge on Dancing With The Stars too.......
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting thread, thanks for all the info. :)
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Pasha IIRC retains Russian citizenship, think they have a parallel agreement on the right to be in UK for work purposes as E U citizens? I think it is so long as he has work, though.

So in terms of Artem that might suggest he did not have work lined up, rather than he had work lined up but no right of stay?

I am confused :confused:

Russia is not in the EU. Neither is Ukraine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he reside 'continuously' as is required? Wasn't he travelling with 'Burn the floor' quite a bit?

he only joined BTF in 2009 after he split from Carrie Ann Inaba (who he never married)

so he would still have resided in the US for at least 5 years
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry, triple post

wasnt he married to Carrie Ann Inaba, the judge on Dancing With The Stars too.......

They weren't married but in a relationship. Carrie Ann had nothing but good things to say about him when the relationship ended. She was ready to 'settle down' and have a family. He wasn't. There's an article somewhere.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They weren't married but in a relationship. Carrie Ann had nothing but good things to say about him when the relationship ended. She was ready to 'settle down' and have a family. He wasn't. There's an article somewhere.:)

thank you - I wasnt badmouthing their relationship, sorry if you thought I was, I honestly thought they were married :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank you - I wasnt badmouthing their relationship, sorry if you thought I was, I honestly thought they were married :blush:

No problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he only joined BTF in 2009 after he split from Carrie Ann Inaba (who he never married)

so he would still have resided in the US for at least 5 years

Perhaps he wasn't bothered about citizenship then. He clearly is now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps he wasn't bothered about citizenship then. He clearly is now.

if he was calculating enough to make sure he was married for 3 years before he signed his divorce papers (as his ex-wife implied) I'm sure he would have made sure he applied for US citizenship before leaving for UK like Pasha did ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if he was clever enough to make sure he was married for 3 years before he signed his divorce papers (as his ex-wife implied) I'm sure he would have made sure he applied for US citizenship before leaving for UK like Pasha did ;-)

I have no idea why he hasn't applied for citizenship before now and neither I suspect do you despite what his ex wife may or may not have implied in a Daily Mail story.

But it's clearly an issue he feels should be addressed. And he's doing it.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea why he hasn't applied for citizenship before now and neither I suspect do you despite what his ex wife may or may not have implied in a Daily Mail story.

But it's clearly an issue he feels should be addressed. And he's doing it.:)

how do you know he hasn't applied for US citizenship previously and was turned down?

considering the number of years he's been in the US I'm inclined to think he has ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neither do you I might add

how do you know he hasn't applied for US citizenship previously and was turned down?

considering the number of years he's been in the US I'm inclined to think he has ;-)

:confused: I said I didn't know why he hadn't sorted it out . Read the first line of my last post.

And you've no idea if he's been turned down, you're just speculating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: I said I didn't know why he hadn't sorted it out . Read the first line of my last post.

And you've no idea if he's been turned down, you're just speculating.

no need to be rude

if you want to believe that he resided in the US for almost 7 years and didn't even try to apply for US citizenship when he could, go ahead

I otoh live in the real world and find it hard to believe that he didn't ;-)
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soooo… I can't see the problem! He has chosen to be in America either because he wants American citizenship and so he has to be resident there for a short eternity, or because he wants a different set of challenges to fire his creativity or ambition. Either is a good and legitimate reason. Poor bloke -- he doesn't really have to explain himself to us!

I'd rather than be Arty and seeking a fresh situation than poor old James who seems to have been dumped. :(

(Fires my imagination though to think Arty might have been turned down for citizenship before. Chews peanuts eagerly. :D I like a good story :D)