UKIP Boss Slams Eurovision

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
Forum Member
✭✭
Interesting that Farage's policies seem to be Eurovision-based.

The BBC reports:

Nigel Farage has said bias against Britain in the Eurovision song contest shows how hard it will be for the UK to secure a good deal renegotiating its relationship with the EU.

Asked on his regular LBC radio phone-in whether he watches Eurovision, the UKIP leader said: "I absolutely hate it."

Comments

• MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »
    Interesting that Farage's policies seem to be Eurovision-based.

The BBC reports:

Nigel Farage has said bias against Britain in the Eurovision song contest shows how hard it will be for the UK to secure a good deal renegotiating its relationship with the EU.

Asked on his regular LBC radio phone-in whether he watches Eurovision, the UKIP leader said: "I absolutely hate it."

He doesn't like Eurovision - so what. He was asked a direct question - and gave his opinion. Its not as if he raised the subject himself.

Still I doubt tonight's result will adversely affect UKIPs chances on Thursday week.
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    And that's why I'm voting UKIP.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an absolute knob that man is. Bringing Eurovision into his argument just makes him even more of a laughing stock, in my eyes. We don't do well in Eurovision because we don't put in a good enough song and/or performance. This time was no exception. There is absolute zero connection to our relationship with the EU. Stupid, stupid tosser.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    What an absolute knob that man is. Bringing Eurovision into his argument just makes him even more of a laughing stock, in my eyes. We don't do well in Eurovision because we don't put in a good enough song and/or performance. This time was no exception. There is absolute zero connection to our relationship with the EU. Stupid, stupid tosser.

Sorry - he didn't bring up Eurovision he was asked about it on a phone in show.

A lot of people don't like Eurovision - and thats fine. Better to be honest that fake interest in something you don't like.

PS No need to be so rude!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Sorry - he didn't bring up Eurovision he was asked about it on a phone in show.

A lot of people don't like Eurovision - and thats fine. Better to be honest that fake interest in something you don't like.

PS No need to be so rude!

Fair enough if he didn't bring it up himself.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesn't miss a trick.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree as we look like a laughing stock. We generate talented singers on our own produced singing shows, but when we are in Europe we sound rubbish.
  • MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bookmakers thought we would finish top five and if the song were judged on music alone it should have been top five but it didn't because other countries think we are anti-European (when we are actually anti-EU) and they also don't like us not taking the competition seriously (although how you can do that I don't know, look at the winner). and Graham Norton taking the mickey.