Options

The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    binny wrote: »
    Ta very much:) But i must confess i do lean on the nutter side:o:D

As Haley say's, you have come to the right place!!!
    Nutters welcome. We have a dvd night on a wednesday where we all get together and watch one of Heaths films, last night we watched the Sin Eater...not sure what we are going for this week?, Anyway, we all gather here wearing stripey clothes(Heath seemed to love them) and have a good ol natter, you sre welcome to join us.

Ps it's your round SGF!
  • Options
    hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    I think I have the same copy of the AKT DVD as FFF - the basic one I think. Didn't they bring out the one with all the extras on later? :(

See I've got the extended version..and my brothers got the red basic one..and so far I haven't spotted anything different

However, my Aunt reckons that some of the scenes that were in the film at the cinema, aren't on teh basic red version.

I'll do some more investigating, but they are of course flogging the extended version in all the shops at the moment with all of Heath's other films :(
  • Options
    Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just checked...I thought so, there aren't any 'fancy' options on the original videos. Just the film and optional subtitles and scene selection. No commentary. :(
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got the red one, just red with Heath's head on it, there's no other wording & no pictures of knights or anything on it but it seems to have a commentary & some other bits on it (including deleted scenes). I can't remember when I bought it exactly but I thought it was around the time it first came out , but it may be I'm lying :confused::o.

It also has a sticker advertising We Will Rock You & talks about the "World Premiere on 14th May 2002 & previews in April 02" so it must've been out fairly early.

Maybe they released more than one cos I have definite recollections of being sent back to the supermarket from which I'd bought a dvd (not AKT, think it may have been a Harry Potter) by my OH cos I'd bought a "normal" version, not the widescreen one & I had to change it (doh!:o). My red one is widescreen if that helps. If everyone's is widescreen then I have no idea why not & my brain is hurting..............

Oops! Just read Rose's post above - I must'n't've bought mine straight away then. They must've released a revised one pretty quick tho! Naughty studio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nutters welcome. We have a dvd night on a wednesday where we all get together and watch one of Heaths films, last night we watched the Sin Eater...not sure what we are going for this week?, Anyway, we all gather here wearing stripey clothes(Heath seemed to love them) and have a good ol natter, you sre welcome to join us.

Ps it's your round SGF!

Cheers! That would mean your wind is mightier than mine?! You can have that honour FFF! ;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hayleyg wrote: »
    See I've got the extended version..and my brothers got the red basic one..and so far I haven't spotted anything different

However, my Aunt reckons that some of the scenes that were in the film at the cinema, aren't on teh basic red version.

I'll do some more investigating, but they are of course flogging the extended version in all the shops at the moment with all of Heath's other films :(

Doesn't the extended version just contain the deleted scenes that are on mine? Licence to print money I tell you! Again, naughty studios! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Yes, where is Verona girl???????
    Hey there! Sorry I haven't been on for a while - I went on holiday and have been working/studying really hard- boring- how have you all been- I see you've seen quite a lot more films since the one I saw with you all - I watched Candy last week and I actually really liked it- I think, grim though it is, its my favorite with Heath in it so far- what do you think?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,682
    Forum Member

Ps it's your round SGF!

Thanks!

Roll on Wednesday:) Although laptop permitting! ( i have to claw away my children from the laptop and sell them to a cheery band of travellers)

As i'm the newbie i feel it is my duty bring the munchies and alcohol:D
    I do take special requests for food but my speciality this week is Jammie Dodgers (2for1 in Tescos).

Hope to chat to you al soon xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent Binny, we'll see you there. :D

Erm...films this week... Ned Kelly? Candy? Patriot?

BBM was on Sky the other night, I was only flicking through and caught a couple of minutes and I realised I just can't watch it yet. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member

BBM was on Sky the other night, I was only flicking through and caught a couple of minutes and I realised I just can't watch it yet. :cry:

Any film is fine by me:)

Aww Ruby, dont be sad sweetie. I have a confession to make, BBM is just about the only Heath movie i haven't seen. Dunno why, when it came out i never got the chance to watch it and then as time went on i still never got round to watch it:o:o I've heard mixed reports from other Heath fans. Did you like it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aww, hugs. Don't worry, we have plenty of time & Wednesdays. Even if we repeat the odd funny one inbetween as they get heavier. I only managed it cos I hadn't seen it before & that was only very recently. Surprised i didn't flood the street tho :cry:! I'm not worried what we watch. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

Roll on Wednesday:) Although laptop permitting! ( i have to claw away my children from the laptop and sell them to a cheery band of travellers)

As i'm the newbie i feel it is my duty bring the munchies and alcohol:D
    I do take special requests for food but my speciality this week is Jammie Dodgers (2for1 in Tescos).

Hope to chat to you al soon xx

Hear hear, got any party rings? :D And re the children, I find a large lockable box for the evening always helps! :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hear hear, got any party rings? :D And re the children, I find a large lockable box for the evening always helps! :D;)

PMSL

OO you're posh, but okay, party rings it is:D

Excellent choice for the kids too! If i put it at the bottom of the garden i wont be able to hear them grumping:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any of those films is fine by me..i'm easy.May have to stand on a chair to find my copy of the patriot and have a coughing fit after i blow the dust off it!:o
    binny, always lovely to welcome a new nutter to the madhouse!!!;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    veronagirl wrote: »
    Hey there! Sorry I haven't been on for a while - I went on holiday and have been working/studying really hard- boring- how have you all been- I see you've seen quite a lot more films since the one I saw with you all - I watched Candy last week and I actually really liked it- I think, grim though it is, its my favorite with Heath in it so far- what do you think?

Welcome back:), dont leave it so long next time pal!!!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any of those films is fine by me..i'm easy.May have to stand on a chair to find my copy of the patriot and have a coughing fit after i blow the dust off it!:o
    binny, always lovely to welcome a new nutter to the madhouse!!!;)

Ta, i'll bring you a packet of iced gems or maybe a curly wurly:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ta, i'll bring you a packet of iced gems or maybe a curly wurly:D

Mmmm! Curly wurlies!! :D Posh?! I was thinking of the stripes :D:p LOL! FFF supplies the Frazzles and we all normally end up in the puddle at some point. Anything else we need?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mmmm! Curly wurlies!! :D Posh?! I was thinking of the stripes :D:p LOL! FFF supplies the Frazzles and we all normally end up in the puddle at some point. Anything else we need?

Just a film!!!!!?????
    Listening to private Universe on my ipod...*sigh*
    Bought a new top today, stripey of course, should i wear it over my pjs on wednesday?, or will it be overkill!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a film!!!!!?????
    Listening to private Universe on my ipod...*sigh*
    Bought a new top today, stripey of course, should i wear it over my pjs on wednesday?, or will it be overkill!?

We'll pick something, don't worry! I got my cds (woodface & together alone) through from play over a week ago & have been playing them in car non-stop. And I can remember all the words from when I had them on cassette! :o.

Re the top, deffo not overkill - I was looking online today & Whittards have stripey latte mugs half price & I was tempted to get one just for Wednesdays. Now that IS sad :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We'll pick something, don't worry! I got my cds (woodface & together alone) through from play over a week ago & have been playing them in car non-stop. And I can remember all the words from when I had them on cassette! :o.

Re the top, deffo not overkill - I was looking online today & Whittards have stripey latte mugs half price & I was tempted to get one just for Wednesdays. Now that IS sad :o

Buy the mugs SGF, In fact i may look myself........:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy the mugs SGF, In fact i may look myself........:D

LOL! That was like a creepy ghost voice........buy the mugs SGF....buy the mugs.............buy those expensive boots SGF................and those three pairs of shoes................:p;) Oh no, sorry, that was the twitchy voice in my head :o! I may well do - I do like a nice stripe :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any film is fine by me:)

Aww Ruby, dont be sad sweetie. I have a confession to make, BBM is just about the only Heath movie i haven't seen. Dunno why, when it came out i never got the chance to watch it and then as time went on i still never got round to watch it:o:o I've heard mixed reports from other Heath fans. Did you like it?

BBM is an excellent film, both Heath and Jake are just outstanding. Had to watch the naughty bit through my fingers lol, but, you've probably heard this before Heath is really difficult to understand at times and I discovered it was much easier second time round with the subtitles on.

Ellen did a BBM skit doing 'Enis' taking the mickey out of the way he speaks which was just hilarious. Lovely interview with Heath too and the end in the 'tabogan' is just so cute.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fkOpJsdjrEU

I'm sure I've posted that link on this thread before, but a heathen can't watch it too many times anyway. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I love that bit on the toboggan Rose................ and the Ennis skit which I didn't really understand til I'd watched the film! You can definitely not watch that too many times! :D It's bittersweet watching it tho cos he's so sweet & natural & funny in it :cry:.

I loved the film too - it was gutwrenching tho - I sometimes wish I hadn't left it so long before watching it. Someone on here said it stomped on your heart but in a good way & I think that's true.

BTW FFF, I ordered some stripey mugs...........................:p
  • Options
    Forum Member

BTW FFF, I ordered some stripey mugs...........................:p
    Good girl:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL! That was like a creepy ghost voice........buy the mugs SGF....buy the mugs.............buy those expensive boots SGF................and those three pairs of shoes................:p;) Oh no, sorry, that was the twitchy voice in my head :o! I may well do - I do like a nice stripe :)

Listen to the voice in your head SGF.....BUY FFF THAT NEW FENDI HANDBAG SHE REALLY LIKES.....BUY FFF THAT NEW FENDI HANDBAG SHE REALLY LIKES...BUY FFF THAT NEW FENDI HANDBAG SHE REALLY LIKES..........................................................................................................................................................................:D