Options

If the Tories lose the GE...

2»

Comments

• Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Anyway, I hope this is all hypothetical and Cameron is PM for the next 12 years, before handing over to someone we haven't heard of yet.

Nightmare. :eek: Almost as bad as 5 more years of the one-eyed Scottish idiot.
  • Options
    Bob22ABob22A Posts: 6,830
    Forum Member
    Radical measure will need to be taken & no doubt it will come as a big shoke to the Public sector & benefits scroungers but it is measures that will have to be taken
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the Tory faithful would have to be put on suicide watch :eek:
  • Options
    IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    I'm loving him as Mayor but PM?

They'd not just have to find him an ultra safe-seat, they'd have to hollow him out and put some pretty impressive animatronics in there to stop him saying the wrong thing, daily.

Leave the crazy Mayor to run the crazy city. Cameron is right for the UK, they just don't know it yet!
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Boris is too much of a clown.

I like his character and am glad he is London Mayor but to lead the Tories and potentially become our PM? That's a step too far.

I would have to agree with you there.
  • Options
    Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what next Coco the Clown for Pope? Ridiculous buffoon!
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could the unthinkable happen? Could they select Boris Johnson as leader??

Yes, and he would be elected next time around :cool:

The man is an institution.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    Im a an of Boris but being the Tory leader would be a step too far.

This may be controversial but as a Tory I would like Cameron to stay on even if he lost the election.
  • Options
    MagicMonkeyMagicMonkey Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Tories lose the GE, Tory supporters could just emigrate to Australia en-masse. This would raise the collective IQ of both countries. Win-Win situation.
  • Options
    JamesLookJamesLook Posts: 1,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IWantPVR wrote: »
    I'm loving him as Mayor but PM?

They'd not just have to find him an ultra safe-seat, they'd have to hollow him out and put some pretty impressive animatronics in there to stop him saying the wrong thing, daily.

Leave the crazy Mayor to run the crazy city. Cameron is right for the UK, they just don't know it yet!

Yeah he's great - 20% fare increases on the buses, Oyster cards that cost more on NR than on the Tube. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    DS9DS9 Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    That's an old line that has been rebutted. One swallow does not a summer make, and ComRes' May poll commissioned for UKIP shows that the public would give contradictory answers depending on the question put to them (55-41 answered affirmatively to the question "Britain should leave the European Union but maintain close trading links" - but oddly, 55-40 also supported the statement "Britain should remain a full member of the European Union").

ComRes isn't a very good pollster, without doubt it's the weakest in this country. Got a similar poll from anyone else?
  • Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS9 wrote: »
    David Davis has more chance IMO. He came second to Cameron last time and he's more Eurosceptic. Davis is part of the group of Tories demanding an in/out referendum by 2014.

David Davis is yesterday's man.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DS9 wrote: »
    ComRes isn't a very good pollster, without doubt it's the weakest in this country.

I don't know on what you're basing that assessment.
    Got a similar poll from anyone else?

Got any reliable polls from anyone else unequivocally supporting the line that most people want out of the EU? Both the BBC one for the Daily Politics in March 2009 and the UKIP one of May 2009 were done by ComRes. Eurosceptics were happy enough to quote ComRes a year ago. What's changed? :)