Curves direct debit question

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
Forum Member
just a quick question,

im currently on a weeks free trial at curves and will probably sign up once the free weeks over. they mentioned its £29 per month but i just wanted to know. do they take the money straight away or would it be at the end of October? just not sure if they require you to pay in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    ohwell i take it no ones been to curves??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohwell i take it no ones been to curves??

What is Curves?
    Forum Member
    elke21 wrote: »
    What is Curves?

its a gym for women. they have them all over the UK
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am guessing that once you fill out a DD, you post it or hand it in, it then gets processed, so there would be at least 7 days between you handing it in/posting it and payment being taken out of your bank account.
  • sarky sparksarky spark Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not ask them?
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you called them to ask?
    Forum Member
    no i thought maybe someone on here would know to save me asking them, plus there shut on sunday.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of these just opened in Guernsey :eek:

Would be interested to hear if they`re anygood.
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems a bit rubbish for a gym to only be open six days per week, I would have thought that makes it easy to fall into the demotivation trap if you miss, say, a Saturday and then cannot get on a Sunday with it being closed.
    Forum Member
    One of these just opened in Guernsey :eek:

Would be interested to hear if they`re anygood.

yea its really good. there area few machines in a big circle and you go on each machine for about 3o-60 seconds and them move to the next one which is a board you fance/jog on, then again after 30-60 seconds move to the next machine and so on and you go round the circuit 2 and a half times and the machines alternate, so you have one that works your arms and then the next machine will work your legs.

i like it because the work out is only 30 mins but i was knackered yesterday morning afterworks my body was aching so must have had a good workout!!! :p

x
    Forum Member
    Seems a bit rubbish for a gym to only be open six days per week, I would have thought that makes it easy to fall into the demotivation trap if you miss, say, a Saturday and then cannot get on a Sunday with it being closed.

it doesnt really bother me as i wouldnt go a sunday, i just try and go after work in the evening Mon - Fri

x
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yea its really good. there area few machines in a big circle and you go on each machine for about 3o-60 seconds and them move to the next one which is a board you fance/jog on, then again after 30-60 seconds move to the next machine and so on and you go round the circuit 2 and a half times and the machines alternate, so you have one that works your arms and then the next machine will work your legs.

i like it because the work out is only 30 mins but i was knackered yesterday morning afterworks my body was aching so must have had a good workout!!! :p

x

Blimey sounds knackering.:D:D
    Sooo need to exercise, but can`t seem to find anything I enjoy.:(
    Basically I`m a lazy girl..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

x

Might be just your muscles and tendons rebelling. If you are not used to using all of your bodies bits, a bit of exercise will result in aches and pains, so not a sign of a good work out. Just a memo from your body to say it is out of shape/condition.
    Forum Member
    Blimey sounds knackering.:D:D
    Sooo need to exercise, but can`t seem to find anything I enjoy.:(
    Basically I`m a lazy girl..

lol im the same, hate exercising Zumba sometimes and really enjoy that and curves is good cos its only 30 mins 3 times a week, not too bad!

x
    Forum Member
    elke21 wrote: »
    Might be just your muscles and tendons rebelling. If you are not used to using all of your bodies bits, a bit of exercise will result in aches and pains, so not a sign of a good work out. Just a memo from your body to say it is out of shape/condition.

yea well thats probably right, i am out of shape lol, just started exercising recently so thats probably why it was sore. lol

x
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just one thing - are you absolutely clear what you're signing up to. There've been reports of people who thought they were signing to a "per month" charge while they used the gym. In fact they were signing up to a 12, 18 or 24 month membership, paid monthly.

In other words, if they stopped going after a few months, as most people do, they still had to pay for the rest of the contract.