Options

Does anyone find it hilarious that Misha B sings Jessie J's new song better than her

13»

Comments

• Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    Misha's version isn't a proper version. It's a live recording, and shortened to just 2 minutes.

yes, but personally i would rather have 2 minutes of a vocal i preferred. wouldn't anyone? :confused:
  • Options
    DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has cheering and chanting in it. I could never spend 99p on such a thing, even if it's Misha.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has cheering and chanting in it. I could never spend 99p on such a thing, even if it's Misha.

yes, but that`s just one opinion. lots of people buy live recordings and it wouldn't put me off either.
  • Options
    BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    yes, but that`s just one opinion. lots of people buy live recordings and it wouldn't put me off either.

That's you.Obviously, lots of punters are different.

The reality is that Misha B did a better job of convincing the public that Who Are You was a song worth having. There's no point pretending that Misha B's last performance was not the the thing that took the song to a new peak on i-tunes, and probably a new peak on the next Sunday chart.
  • Options
    johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Jessie, but Misha sang it way better.
    Her voice gave the song a whole new level
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boxfresh wrote: »
    That's you.Obviously, lots of punters are different.

The reality is that Misha B did a better job of convincing the public that Who Are You was a song worth having. There's no point pretending that Misha B's last performance was not the the thing that took the song to a new peak on i-tunes, and probably a new peak on the next Sunday chart.

oh yes obviously, since i must have bought all those take that live albums to get them to #12 this week. :rolleyes:

i am not pretending about anything! i never suggested that the song reached its peak on its own merit. i just dont find it amusing or embarrassing to jessie in any way. let`s see how misha gets on in the music business away from the x factor and compare them sometime in future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's obviously embarrassing to Jessie J. You seen her Twitter? Jeez.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's obviously embarrassing to Jessie J. You seen her Twitter? Jeez.

there`s is a good reason why i don't use twitter and it wouldn't surprise me if there were negative comments. however, what impact does that have on reality?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a very OTT breakdown about how her vocals were flawed, and she's still growing, etc.
  • Options
    ScottleScottle Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    The song is not great anyway so Jessie does not do it well live.The reason it has had so much attention is because Misha did a sensational rendition.I think Jessie J was miffed about the fact that her version pales in comparison.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think it says more about the people that found her `breakdown` amusing and embarrassing than it does about jessie. she had a flourishing career before the x factor and she will continue to grow as an artist.
  • Options
    Delicious11Delicious11 Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i am aware of that and that is not what i am saying. what i said was clear. if people preferred misha`s version then they would buy her track. people are not buying jessie`s original because they prefer misha`s version. why would they do that, when misha`s version is available?
    They are buying Jessie's version because Misha brought new meaning to the song. You don't know how much Misha's version has sold. For all you know it could be at #1.
  • Options
    BoxfreshBoxfresh Posts: 2,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, Jessie J is coming out of this looking really bad. Yes, MIsha B has showed her up on her own song, but she should at least have the class to give a bit of acknowledgement to how much MIsha B has helped sell this song to the public. The only comments she made on Misha were some half hearted comments on X-Tra Factor after she performed about MIsha singing in a higher key.

And Jessie has no excuse for not acknowledging MIsha's contribution to her song's success. Jessie is on twitter all day long, begging all her fans to buy the song, keeping them updated every time it moves on i-tunes....and you are telling me she doesn't have the time to give MIsha B a twitter shout-out for doing her song justice yet again?:rolleyes:. She's deliberately ignoring the MIsha B effect, because she's embarrassed.

She comes across as being bitter/envious of Misha's greater talent. Tulisa came off similarly when she torpedoed MIsha's chance of winning X-Factor with the bully claim. Tulisa is going to be competing in the same "market" as Misha when she goes solo (same for Jessie J). Jessie is a lot more talented than Tulisa, but neither want to be made to look average by Misha, so I suspect both are hoping she flops when she releases material.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are buying Jessie's version because Misha brought new meaning to the song. You don't know how much Misha's version has sold. For all you know it could be at #1.

it wouldn't bother me if she misha was #1.

She comes across as being bitter/envious of Misha's greater talent. Tulisa came off similarly when she torpedoed MIsha's chance of winning X-Factor with the bully claim. Tulisa is going to be competing in the same "market" as Misha when she goes solo (same for Jessie J). Jessie is a lot more talented than Tulisa, but neither want to be made to look average by Misha, so I suspect both are hoping she flops when she releases material.

there is a lot of envy and bitterness about. that`s evident from this thread.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Jessie J was actually annoyed that Misha B had sang it for her "sing-off" song when she was in the bottom 2 earlier in the season. You could tell Jessie knew that she'd been basically taken to school on her own song. Maybe that's why she tried to overcompensate with the vocal acrobatics on X-Factor when she sang it, but she mostly sounded off-key and desperate.

I think a lot of Jessie J's self-esteem as an artist comes with constantly being told she's a great singer (Justin Timberlake called her the best singer in the world, which was clearly a load of horseshit that the marketing department at the big record companies could use for hype purposes), and being made to look like a rank amatuer by Misha B should be an eye opener that she's nowhere as good as she thinks she is, and nowhere as good as some have told her she is.

i agree misha B was dreadful no offensive to anyone who likes her!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but right after Misha B performed it, it rocketed up the charts into Top 3.

(After Jessie J's performance a few weeks ago, it only managed a peak of #6.)

In terms of chart positions though, when Jessie sang it, it went from #32 to #8. Misha's version might have made it go slightly higher on iTunes, but it may still be #7/8 come Sunday on the official chart.

Also, it didn't "rocket up the charts", it was already at #9 on iTunes on Sunday afternoon before Misha sang it.
  • Options
    ScottleScottle Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    odie8391 wrote: »
    In terms of chart positions though, when Jessie sang it, it went from #32 to #8. Misha's version might have made it go slightly higher on iTunes, but it may still be #7/8 come Sunday on the official chart.

Also, it didn't "rocket up the charts", it was already at #9 on iTunes on Sunday afternoon before Misha sang it.

The song had not even gone Top 40 on itunes before Misha sang it the first time, even Jessie fans were commenting on the song flopping. Misha pushed it to the mid twenties then it dropped to around fifty and Jessie pushed it back up after she had performed on the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scottle wrote: »
    The song had not even gone Top 40 on itunes before Misha sang it the first time, even Jessie fans were commenting on the song flopping. Misha pushed it to the mid twenties then it dropped to around fifty and Jessie pushed it back up after she had performed on the show.

I was talking about Misha's second performance.
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i agree misha B was dreadful no offensive to anyone who likes her!:D

There are people who can't sing at all, God knows we've had plenty of those on the show, then there are "singers" who are simply dreadful...

Misha falls into the second category - appalling diction, absolutely zero musicality or finesse and some tuning issues on top.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Gneiss wrote: »
    There are people who can't sing at all, God knows we've had plenty of those on the show, then there are "singers" who are simply dreadful...

Misha falls into the second category - appalling diction, absolutely zero musicality or finesse and some tuning issues on top.

Oh dear, oh dear. I endured many weeks of x factor, and have to say Misha was one of very few who came out every week and sang in tune. Note perfect every time. Unencumbered by backing tracks to cover the lack of vocal capability.