Options

Alex Burke: Why is our best current popstar being screwed by the industry? (Merged)

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mm83 wrote: »
    Particularly when the OP is no stranger to starting threads such as this one:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1264040

I think the performance of her recent singles and imminent album flop is a great and much needed humbling experience for Alexandra as well as for her fans.

I also fail to see how she is being "screwed by the industry" :confused:

She has no one to blame but herself. She has made a conscious decision to move to another label, apparently to take charge of her career. Looks like it has been a disastrous decision on her part. She is also apparently the executive producer, so she put together this bland and dated album. She has been releasing crap since the start of her career and luck has simply ran out. She is just a faceless popstar whose main motivator seems to be money and being a celebrity. She has no buzz and no momentum and when that happens, public and radio lose interest very quickly.

I just can't help but wonder what the excuses will be if and when she goes to America and flops over there.

That's not really fair. Alex is very talented and she does work hard. Shes mainly been in the studio not hanging out at celeb hangouts or lazing around etc.

The label move may or may not have worked out as well but at least she took action. She wasn't happy with how things were going with SyCo and moved which is good.she didn't step on anyone, attack anyone.. Just got on with things.. She doesn't need humbling. Her album is doing ok on preorder despite lack of promo.

If she flops here, she flops here.. No shame in trying. Its better to have tried and flopped than to not have tried at all or even worse, trampled over folks and put them on blast as you try to reach tge top
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    The same British public that crowned her a winner and got her career off to a great start? Yeah, what idiots! Good way to make a case, put down the very people who gave Alexandra a career in the first place.

And decide to make it fashionable to turn her into a punchbag.. attack and abuse her at every opportunity.. without her fighting back.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And decide to make it fashionable to turn her into a punchbag.. attack and abuse her at every opportunity.. without her fighting back.

Yes the media and the GBP love to build people up and then tear them down.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. These people that apparently voted AB to win are probably the same ones who make her trend worldwide for hate on Twitter everytime she appears on TV. Alexandra has never been rude or made bold, brash statements that imply arrogance like other female popstars...she's only ever had fun and lived her dream, but apparently confidence and enjoying what she does is a terrible, unforgivable crime. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theres somethng about Alex, and I can't put my finger on it...

She's not particurlarly "cocky", she's never made arrogant statements about being the best.
    But she almost comes across as someone who thinks she's bigger than she is... It's hard to explain exactly why - she can come across as slightly patronizing n interviews in my opinion, maybe this is part of it.

However, I don't think she's "cocky, arrogant, a diva" etc.

Whatever it is specifically that people don't like, she faces an uphill battle turning those views around.
    As someone above mentioned it's become "fashionable" to dislike her now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Yes the media and the GBP love to build people up and then tear them down.

That's FAME for you! No one gets a straight forward ride, every famous person at some point will face a backlash, from Madonna, to Britney, Michael Jackson to Lady GaGa.

Alexandra fans need to realise that its just the nature of the beast that is fame. While as those I've listed above all managed to survive their backlash, Alexandra seemingly hasn't or at least is struggling to.
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't forgive her for the lack of an Elephant in the video for the song of the same name...

I've tried, I've failed, I can't.

;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Some of these posts are so pathetic! "best" popstar - like it's an indisputable fact. What a load if rubbish. Any generic x faxctor artist usually bombs after one album. He is lucky to get top 30. Look at matt cardle and he won! Her music just isn't good enough this time around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really time to close this thread... going in circles
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's FAME for you! No one gets a straight forward ride, every famous person at some point will face a backlash, from Madonna, to Britney, Michael Jackson to Lady GaGa.

Alexandra fans need to realise that its just the nature of the beast that is fame. While as those I've listed above all managed to survive their backlash, Alexandra seemingly hasn't or at least is struggling to.

Maybe Alex fans could learn a lesson or two from the backlash Britney, Madonna and even MJ have suffered from to understand what it really means to be at the bottom of your career and being considered by everyone from the media to the general public, from the Industry to even some of your fans a has been who would never have a hit again left alone being able to resurrect your career. That might help them to realize that Alex might have a hard time with this new era but nothing as bad as what somebody like Madonna or Whitney went through at the heights of their career...
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexMalgua wrote: »
    Maybe Alex fans could learn a lesson or two from the backlash Britney, Madonna and even MJ have suffered from to understand what it really means to be at the bottom of your career and being considered by everyone from the media to the general public, from the Industry to even some of your fans a has been who would never have a hit again left alone being able to resurrect your career. That might help them to realize that Alex might have a hard time with this new era but nothing as bad as what somebody like Madonna or Whitney went through at the heights of their career...

As a massive Britney fan I completely get what you're saying, although im an Alex fan as well so I know that other people have gone through worse.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Yes they had backlashes but for actual bad events. Ok.com v a paedophilia trial or a mental breakdown. Its not on the same level yet the hate is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If it flops it flops. End of I s'pose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Yes they had backlashes but for actual bad events. Ok.com v a paedophilia trial or a mental breakdown. Its not on the same level yet the hate is.

You can't be serious!? :eek: - How can you claim the level of hate for Alex is the same than for MJ and Britney? Britney ended up shaving her head and lost custody of her kids as result of the permanent scrutiny she endured and MJ's backlash was already happening long before the paedophilia trial hence the Leave Me Alone release. You just can't put the abuse and hate Alex gets on the same level than Britney and MJ.:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    As a massive Britney fan I completely get what you're saying, although im an Alex fan as well so I know that other people have gone through worse.

Thank you:) - I'm not a Britney fan (even though there are quite a few songs I really like from her from different eras) but however beneficial for her rival(s) it might have been at the time, for me her public downfall wasn't something enjoyable to watch. In fact it was very disturbing and worrying. And I never understood how people could make a mockery of her shaving her head...:eek::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AlexMalgua wrote: »
    You can't be serious!? :eek: - How can you claim the level of hate for Alex is the same than for MJ and Britney? Britney ended up shaving her head and lost custody of her kids as result of the permanent scrutiny she endured and MJ's backlash was already happening long before the paedophilia trial hence the Leave Me Alone release. You just can't put the abuse and hate Alex gets on the same level than Britney and MJ.:mad:

In the way people hate. It's the same type of hate ie. let's make a mockery of them. In MJ's case it was more hysteria gone wrong before the trials. I don't remember Britney getting hate...I was just more perplexed about her breakdown, all people saw on tv was her shaved head and smashing things. Well I was at school at the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lmfao since when is this cretin our best popstar looooooool what a joke!!