Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (4th studio album)

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    'Sex Dreams' is a confirmed title.

One of the new songs I take it? I'm looking forward to hearing that one. Sounds good ;)
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the new songs I take it? I'm looking forward to hearing that one. Sounds good ;)

Me too :D Sounds saucy.

I doubt it'd be anything to dirty (opnely dirty and blatent I mean) unlike Christina's flop 'Sex For Breakfast' :D:eek:
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt it'd be anything to dirty (opnely dirty and blatent I mean) unlike Christina's flop 'Sex For Breakfast' :D:eek:

You forgetting this?? ;):D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIYVcdcYD18
  • Natalie22Natalie22 Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    If i dont like this album ill pretty much forget about gaga, loved the fame hated btw so artpop is make or break for me - hope she learned from the last one
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this 'Sex Dreams' is kind of trance-y.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

You don't know though, you just don't know ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga's tweeting more hints by the day.

Looks like the release date could be March/April! :D
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    sex dreams like it could eurythmics/DITD part 2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sex dreams like it could eurythmics/DITD part 2?

Could well be!

Does anyone know if Gaga is working with any of the producers who worked with her on TFM/BTW? Or is it a completely new set of people?
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she's confirmed to be working with RedOne, Garibay and DJ Whiteshadow but whether their stuff ends up on the album is another question entirely!
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she does well out of it. Looking back I dont like BTW as much as I did when it first came out, but I think Gaga has been good for pop and I'd like to see her staying fairly successful despite her controversies.

I think she's fallen from grace enough that if the lead single's not a good'un it won't sell automatically though. I just hope she doesnt go for dross like STARSHIPS in order to sell enough to cover making the album, but, rock and a hard place...

I'd also like to see something trancey and how that would work with her deep voice...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she's confirmed to be working with RedOne, Garibay and DJ Whiteshadow but whether their stuff ends up on the album is another question entirely!

And Zedd
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Zedd

Zed hasn't worked with her on TFM or BTW though, which was the question. But he's confirmed as well as Madeon for ARTPOP so we'll see what they come up with together!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some fans are hoping there will be an announcement at the grammy's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh the fans are speculating over every ad any date that holds even a slight significance to Gaga, they're so desperate for information! That's what happens when you release the album title too early! But I think ARTPOP was meant to come out earlier and then something happened and they had to rethink certain things. Either that or she just can't keep her mouth shut haha!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zed hasn't worked with her on TFM or BTW though, which was the question. But he's confirmed as well as Madeon for ARTPOP so we'll see what they come up with together!

I'm hoping for some hardcore electronic dance tunes, something like his remixes for Marry The Night and Born This Way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping for some hardcore electronic dance tunes, something like his remixes for Marry The Night and Born This Way.

Well that's exactly what we're getting apparently :) 'Stache' seems to indicate the sound of the album. I think it'll be crazy and really out there production-wise but she'll stick to generally simpler lyrics than BTW to make it more accessible, based off the lyrics she's revealed so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga explodes on the new album :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Sex Dreams was apparently written in 15 minutes after the Super Bowl and the person who heard it said it's really catchy.
    Tbh the fans are speculating over every ad any date that holds even a slight significance to Gaga, they're so desperate for information! That's what happens when you release the album title too early! But I think ARTPOP was meant to come out earlier and then something happened and they had to rethink certain things. Either that or she just can't keep her mouth shut haha!

I don't think so. The early title "announcement" implies it, but logistically it doesn't seem possible. A post-tour release has probably been planned for a long time now because it makes most sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she has shot herself in the foot. Revealing the album title six months ago was stupid and ill advised. She learned nothing from the BTW mess. Also ELECTRONICA is starting to take a back seat on the charts. Audience research is showing this. Maybe thats why the sooner rather than later single didn't come as her lable, which were taking some control back from Gaga for this project, knew it wasn't going to be in sync with latest trends.

You have to remember. Gaga got very lucky in 2008 as electronic and the whole pop art/80s vibe was starting to come back into fashion. She sloted in because of that craze. Its died out now though. Because of the image she has created for herself Gaga has to rely on trends coming and going. She isn't a pop star who can really adapt. Thats why the jazz album will be important for her as its a new genre for her to reach. She needs to appeal to new markets.
    Forum Member
    How early the album title was revealed won't make the slightest bit of difference to the GP. That kind of stuff only matters to the online pop crowd.

I expect one of the main reasons they're aiming ARTPOP for summer is that dance music will always be of interest then...and if she's going for electro/complextro, it'll be a fresh sound for the charts. There's only been a little bit of "EDM" so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sound isn't fresh though. Its only fresh to those who want to believe it is fresh.

Too much hype too early kills a project. Justin Timberlake's return shows how the real pros do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we can really comment too much on Justin Timberlake's sound as we've only heard 2/3 songs so far. I'm listening to 'Mirror' by him now and although I like it I'd hardly call the production anything new.

When something "new" comes out, no one really knows its new do they? It's up to the individual. Of course Gaga is going to be slated left right and centre but in the same wave she will also be praised. Like usual.
    Forum Member
    That sound isn't fresh though. Its only fresh to those who want to believe it is fresh.

Too much hype too early kills a project. Justin Timberlake's return shows how the real pros do it.

Says who? You?

It has nothing to do with being a "real pro" or not. JT achieved major hype with next to no effort because of his surprise return after a 7 year break.

Realistically, even if Gaga had said nothing, people would still be discussing, speculating and hyping. Unlike Justin, it could never be a proper surprise because we'd be expecting it at any point. If anything, it'd be more frustrating and the lack of any information would kill a lot of anticipation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Says who? You?

It has nothing to do with being a "real pro" or not. JT achieved major hype with next to no effort because of his surprise return after a 7 year break.

Realistically, even if Gaga had said nothing, people would still be discussing, speculating and hyping. Unlike Justin, it could never be a proper surprise because we'd be expecting it at any point. If anything, it'd be more frustrating and the lack of any information would kill a lot of anticipation.

Yes says me. I unlike most don't view everything Gaga does through rose tinted glasses. I said on here 2 years ago when Judas dropped she wasn't going to hit the ground running with her BTW era and was shot down by If You Seek Amy. (yes remember her ;) ) yet everything i said would go wrong did.

Sorry if my opinion is too raw.