• BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monopoly is the shittest game :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    If the hat ever goes then I'm never playing again! Those potential new pieces looked rubbish

I can't believe they were thinking of introducing a stupid robot to the game. IMO that was the worst, but yeah the others were pretty bad too.

You're just jealous there's no beaver piece ;)
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    I can't believe they were thinking of introducing a stupid robot to the game. IMO that was the worst, but yeah the others were pretty bad too.

The helicopter looked a bit dodgy, as did the guitar. But yeah, the bot didn't look like it'd fit in at all :confused:
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always avoided the iron. Didn't want to associate myself with housework. :D I also tended to avoid the boot and the ship. My favourite was the dog.
  • weateallthepiesweateallthepies Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not quite, but it's close. Shame there are so many better games that don't get the marketing monopoly does.
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not quite, but it's close. Shame there are so many better games that don't get the marketing monopoly does.

Yeah, it's like it has a monopoly on board games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    The helicopter looked a bit dodgy, as did the guitar. But yeah, the bot didn't look like it'd fit in at all :confused:

They all looked quite dodgy, including the ring.

Ah well, I still have the iron version, I'm going to refuse point-blank to use the cat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    I always avoided the iron. Didn't want to associate myself with housework. :D I also tended to avoid the boot and the ship. My favourite was the dog.

I prefer the hat and the car myself, but I like all the other pieces as they are/were (dumb cat :mad: ruining Monopoly since 2013)
  • Natalie22Natalie22 Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    WHY :mad:

Usually go the old dog myself but this is ridiculous
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know right! Monopoly has had the 2nd best marketing campaign ever, after Dyson!

They should have made the new piece a head stone, and burried this game once and for all. :mad: :o
  • weateallthepiesweateallthepies Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know right! Monopoly has had the 2nd best marketing campaign ever, after Dyson!

They should have made the new piece a head stone, and burried this game once and for all. :mad: :o

The whole new piece thing is just another gimmick, along with the million different versions.

It's a boring game, that's made more boring by the house rules that tend to make it last longer than it should.

Still license to print money so can hardly blame them.

I've even got a copy somewhere from childhood, but it's nowhere near the stack of games we actually play.
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The vote to save reportedly went down to the wire, as the iron - which was only backed by 8% of votes - was tying in last place with the boot and wheelbarrow last night (February 5).

Wheelbarrow?:confused:
  • Dawn SunDawn Sun Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    I can has Mayfair?

:D Brilliant!
  • Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    I hate ironing and love cats.

I don't feel I can object to this change. :D
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Wheelbarrow?:confused:

Must be from an alternative reality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I hope they charged interest:eek:

I never did get the money owed to me, the bastard :D
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Blame the rules leaflet, it does say you can make up your own rules to suit. :D

We did the free parking thing. Any money collected from taxes or paid to bank by CC and chance went into the middle of the board. When someone landed on FP, they won what was in the middle.

My cousins also did the asking for rent thing. If you didn't notice someone had landed on you by the end of that person turn you forfeited the rent they owed :(

Also had a rule where you couldn't buy on the first time round the board.

They did that as well when I played
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    Lol we always try to play by the rules, although my four year old gets bored so she often ends up in charge of the bank to keep her amused, so we get handed loose toy change coins and money from the hulk operation set. Meh, well can't justify a babysitter for a monopoly game lol.

I'll not breakout trivial pursuit again for a while, the card sea was quite a sight to behold, I am sure there are cards wedged still under the floor :o Shame hungry hippos gets a tad boring for my 10 year old!

Risk is your friend. :D
    macsmurray wrote: »
    Not anymore, you'll have to hit them with a cat.

Well played sir.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This news has upset me greatly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    Risk is your friend. :D

Nothing beats Risk! My only grievance is that I can never complete my missions but that's just down to me being crap :D
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Aww I was evil at risk, I need to get that again, give a couple of men for the wee one to play with, failing that get my friend over so I can trounce him after the kids have gone to bed. Better still get a bunch of mates round when the kids are at my ex husbands.

Oh its sounding good...actually I might be sounding weird a straight female divorced, enjoys game nights and only has male friends lol.

Last game night was October last year with the Viking game a tournament lol. Winner got free round of brewdog..I came second so got a couple of tokyos
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    Aww I was evil at risk, I need to get that again, give a couple of men for the wee one to play with, failing that get my friend over so I can trounce him after the kids have gone to bed. Better still get a bunch of mates round when the kids are at my ex husbands.

Oh its sounding good...actually I might be sounding weird a straight female divorced, enjoys game nights and only has male friends lol.

Last game night was October last year with the Viking game a tournament lol. Winner got free round of brewdog..I came second so got a couple of tokyos

Lol :D No, there's nothing wrong with that

I actually want to play Risk now; trouble is there's nobody to play with.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Is there a support group for the bereaved?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    Is there a support group for the bereaved?

You're here; there isn't much support though, we're all lost in our own grief.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dad used to make us play Risk when I was a kid. I found it boring although would probably like it now.

All I remember is that you NEEDED the instruction booklet and my dad wasn't too happy when it went missing. :(:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    My dad used to make us play Risk when I was a kid. I found it boring although would probably like it now.

All I remember is that you NEEDED the instruction booklet and my dad wasn't too happy when it went missing. :(:o

I tend to agree, you should ALWAYS keep the instruction booklet for that game :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should replace the thimble with that cool robot.